1:56:33 “The Drive”

2:06:57 Elway 5-yard Game-tying TD Pass to Mark Jackson

2:24:29 Karlis 33-yard Game-winning Field Goal
    sigpic
    2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Thanks for posting. This is probably the first Broncos game I can remember as a kid.

Comment

Pretty Sweet Time For A Bye!

I've often thought about the timing of the bye week. Really early is a waste in my opinion, because you have that long, extended run that can only be broken with a high ranking when entering the playoffs. You have hardly gotten into a rhythm, and it is unlikely that you need a rest, or much healing time. Sure, some players may benefit, but it is quite unlikely the time you will be mired in an injury mess.

And having a bye in week 13 will definitely help in terms of the healing process, and yes, give you some time to refresh/energize/strategize......but by the time it arrives, your season may be over.

I am not necessarily advocating that week 11 is the best possible time for a bye, but now that we are here, in a good position, and with a relatively healthy squad, I am very happy about the timing. Yes, like all other teams, we can regroup, tinker with the playbook, refresh, etc. and we can take a nice, deep breath going into what many may describe as our biggest game yet, at home against the highly competitive Chiefs. In so many ways I see us being super tough in that scenario. It especially bodes well for our young guys, who will realize that they are not only decent players, but very capable of helping us repeat as champs. And no doubt, any healing is a big plus at this time of the season. KC's long since enjoyed that break (week #5). And don't get me wrong, because sometimes the best medicine is to keep playing. Once the momentum is in your favour, seemingly good things keep happening. You can grow confidence with progressively sound play. And it never hurts the chemistry. But week after week after week can mount its toll of wear and tear.

All in all, it is hard to predict which bye week will be best for each team. So many variables......health, momentum, strategy, chemistry, mental readiness, position in standings, etc., etc. But this year, given our good overall start, and given who is at the helm, and given our divisional competitiveness, I love it! I expect to see a team fully prepared to finish strong, and with some new wrinkles. I also expect that when the smoke clears, and our guys take a look around the NFL, they will realize that another SB is definitely a viable proposition.

Enjoy the rest!

Comment

It is a good week. I can relax and watch football. No Broncos anxiety. Lol
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
            It is a good week. I can relax and watch football. No Broncos anxiety. Lol
            And remain #1 in a certain fantasy pool!!!!

Comment

Broncos official bye week thread

So the Broncos have a perfect bye week record. Hoping to keep that rolling this week as the morning games play out.

On the other side the American Byes have yet to win this week of football, ever. The closest they came was in the post season when before the Super Bowl a Falcons player got caught for soliciting.

So as we start to watch KC tease us by being behind to start.... and await Oakland and the Pats to play, we can be comfortable knowing our team is getting healthy.
              sigpic

Comment

Dam, as I typed that KC went up.
                sigpic

Comment

Dam, as I typed that KC went up.
                  KC 10-9 and Bucs receive for 2nd half. Come on Bucs help us out!

Comment

I am a bucs fan today!
                    sigpic

Comment

Racing. That's what happens on a bye week.

Go Bucs!
                      Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Bucs keep getting FGs, want TDs. Come on Bucs, do it for us.
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

So the Broncos have a perfect bye week record. Hoping to keep that rolling this week as the morning games play out.

On the other side the American Byes have yet to win this week of football, ever. The closest they came was in the post season when before the Super Bowl a Falcons player got caught for soliciting.

So as we start to watch KC tease us by being behind to start.... and await Oakland and the Pats to play, we can be comfortable knowing our team is getting healthy.
                          As mentioned elsewhere, I think this is almost the perfect time for our bye week! In the hunt, excellent time to gain from rest and healing and to regroup and rehash what is working and what needs tweaking, and just before we host KC in what should be one of ur most relevant games of the season.

Luvin this break......even though I miss the game itself.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                            Bucs keep getting FGs, want TDs. Come on Bucs, do it for us.
                            Bucs have to use their high draft pick!

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                              Bucs have to use their high draft pick!
                              Meaning? I don't have the game in Boston so I don't know what you mean.
                              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                              X