Broncos official bye week thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    There will be some surprises...there always is on the stretch run to the playoffs. NE will probably lose a game that no one expects...they do almost every year.

We need to handle our games...we need to show up for every game. We can not afford to not show up for any more games like how our offense did not show up for Oak.

We have a good talented scrappy team but being real about it there are a lot of good teams.

My simulator has the following

Wildcard weekend
    Mia @ Hou
    KC @ BAL
    MIN @ ATL
    DAL @ DET

Next weekend
    MIA @ DEN
    KC @ NE
    DET @ SEA
    ATL @ WAS

Oak finishes 10-6 but Mia and KC push them out of the playoffs.

Wash and Det are my hot teams in the NFC. I know Dal is everyone love child atm but imo their rookies eventually let them down. Assuming everything goes as plan Dallas becomes the team people want in 2017

Barring any injuries or surprise players all the sudden getting hot I see Sea beating NE in the Super Bowl
    How does your simulator not have Dallas winning their division and being the #1 seed? LOL

Comment

• Let's pray he's going to agree to sit in the box and advise Dennison what plays to call to beat a defense
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncodoodle View Post
        How does your simulator not have Dallas winning their division and being the #1 seed? LOL
        Did my picks before the Dal beat Was...I picked Was to win
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          And moreover, the players are struggling to execute plays that they've been practicing since May, they won't all of a sudden just be able to run a different system seamlessly.

People put way too much stock into "the Manning style offense" it's not the style of offense that's causing the issues, it's the lack of execution. And execution means a player going out and making a block. Going slow tempo no huddle won't all of a sudden make things golden. Instead the team needs to keep working on what they've been doing, make tweaks to both plays and personnel with in that and try to get better success.
          I wasn't implying that they go no huddle or slow tempo.

What I was implying is maybe it would be easier for them to execute that style of offense.

They did a lot better last season when Gary Kubiak went back to Peyton Manning's style of offense, at least the blocking was better.

So I still don't think it would be a bad idea since they already know this particular offense.

You say that they need to keep practicing
          What they are doing, stick to it but it is obvious that the zone blocking scheme is not working for this team. We all know the definition of insanity and that is doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting a different resul.

Trevor Simeon was told by Gary Kubiak that he needs to play big but how is he supposed to do so with a line playing a scheme that doesn't suit them?

The Thing is that they need not to only employ the Manning passing style and blocking offensive scheme but more of a powers gap running game and move guys back, attack the opposition at angles, let them through and then plow into them from the side, force them back against their will. We need to give these guys the opportunity opportunity to have some success and build some confidence! Thats what should happen and that is what needs to happen.

This Broncos football team needs to be more efficient running the ball but they need to try other style that suit them in order to be more effective.

This is Gark Kubiak not John Fox from super bowl 48 when he refused to make adjustments. That is what needs to happen now instead of after a failed season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            I wasn't implying that they go no huddle or slow tempo.

What I was implying is maybe it would be easier for them to execute that style of offense.

They did a lot better last season when Gary Kubiak went back to Peyton Manning's style of offense, at least the blocking was better.

So I still don't think it would be a bad idea since they already know this particular offense.

You say that they need to keep practicing
            What they are doing, stick to it but it is obvious that the zone blocking scheme is not working for this team. We all know the definition of insanity and that is doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting a different resul.

Trevor Simeon was told by Gary Kubiak that he needs to play big but how is he supposed to do so with a line playing a scheme that doesn't suit them?

The Thing is that they need not to only employ the Manning passing style and blocking offensive scheme but more of a powers gap running game and move guys back, attack the opposition at angles, let them through and then plow into them from the side, force them back against their will. We need to give these guys the opportunity opportunity to have some success and build some confidence! Thats what should happen and that is what needs to happen.

This Broncos football team needs to be more efficient running the ball but they need to try other style that suit them in order to be more effective.

This is Gark Kubiak not John Fox from super bowl 48 when he refused to make adjustments. That is what needs to happen now instead of after a failed season.
            Define what you mean by "Manning style offense"? Because aside from the slow up tempo (was not a real uptempo most of the time) no huddle there's not that big of a difference.

Last year they started going with more angle blocked plays towards the end of the season (has zero to do with Manning) which they've started to do a little bit of again.

The Manning offense at its core wasn't anything dynamic or special, what made it special was the QB who could diagnose the defense, put the offense in the right play and then get the ball out quickly, making the line better. Siemian isn't at a spot in his career to do those things at a high level consistently.

The other point, from mid 2014 through last season the "Manning offense" was actually very pedestrian. He still picked the right plays but couldn't get the ball where it needed to be as quickly as he once did. The offense improved (especially running the ball) when Osweiler was in. And then the offense was historically bad in the playoffs. It would have ranked 32nd in the league by a large margin if they had played during the regular season like they did in the playoffs.

But again, I guess it all depends on what you mean by "Manning offense" because what I'm picturing in actual offensive design wouldn't be some magic potion. Perhaps I'm not seeing what you are describing?

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
              Let's pray he's going to agree to sit in the box and advise Dennison what plays to call to beat a defense
              Wouldn't work, the brilliance of Manning was seeing the defense lined up, recognizing their disguise on any particular play and then changing the play at the line. It wasn't always the initial call, it was him seeing and adjusting. The only way Manning could make a true play to play difference is if they went college style no huddle, line up, see the defense, look to the sideline for the play change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                Define what you mean by "Manning style offense"? Because aside from the slow up tempo (was not a real uptempo most of the time) no huddle there's not that big of a difference.

Last year they started going with more angle blocked plays towards the end of the season (has zero to do with Manning) which they've started to do a little bit of again.

The Manning offense at its core wasn't anything dynamic or special, what made it special was the QB who could diagnose the defense, put the offense in the right play and then get the ball out quickly, making the line better. Siemian isn't at a spot in his career to do those things at a high level consistently.

The other point, from mid 2014 through last season the "Manning offense" was actually very pedestrian. He still picked the right plays but couldn't get the ball where it needed to be as quickly as he once did. The offense improved (especially running the ball) when Osweiler was in. And then the offense was historically bad in the playoffs. It would have ranked 32nd in the league by a large margin if they had played during the regular season like they did in the playoffs.

But again, I guess it all depends on what you mean by "Manning offense" because what I'm picturing in actual offensive design wouldn't be some magic potion. Perhaps I'm not seeing what you are describing?
                Butler I understand how the Peyton Manning offense works.
                I understand that it was Peyton Manning is mind deciphering what the defense was going to do and that he would audible.

I understand all that but what I am saying is the zone blocking scheme is not working for this particular unit, this group of guys.

I understand that it is too late for them to install a new scheme that may suit them but they already know how to pass block in Peyton Manning style of offense.
                IMO They need to change over to an offense that they already know other than the zone blocking that the coaching staff is stubbornly trying to force these guys to do.

I Would like to see them change back to the scheme they ran with Peyton Manning in order to add better pass blocking for Trevor Siemian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                  Butler I understand how the Peyton Manning offense works.
                  I understand that it was Peyton Manning is mind deciphering what the defense was going to do and that he would audible.

I understand all that but what I am saying is the zone blocking scheme is not working for this particular unit, this group of guys.

I understand that it is too late for them to install a new scheme that may suit them but they already know how to pass block in Peyton Manning style of offense.
                  IMO They need to change over to an offense that they already know other than the zone blocking that the coaching staff is stubbornly trying to force these guys to do.

I Would like to see them change back to the scheme they ran with Peyton Manning in order to add better pass blocking for Trevor Siemian.
                  Okay here's where I'm getting stuck, the Manning offense ran the zone plays in the running game. The difference was teams were so freaked out by him passing they couldn't or wouldn't crowd the box. Right now teams have zero fear of the Broncos passing game, so they load the box to stop the run. The answer to this isn't scheme based, instead it's simple, the QB needs to be able to beat the opposition passing the ball.

People don't want to hear this but the reason the Broncos often come out passing a lot early is to get the defense to backoff which will open up the run game. The popular belief being that the play callers have no idea what they're doing, but in reality they're doing the logical thing.

I'm sure you know this, but for people who might be casual fans I'd like to point out that the zone run scheme has nothing to do with pass protection (except on play action) all pass protection schemes are similar regardless of zone run game or angle blocked run game. But from every team you'll see 50 protection (just 5 linemen) 60 protection (the linemen plus either a TE or RB)and 70 protection (the line plus 2 other players). Then from that you'll get various things like slide protection etc. but changing the run scheme won't change the pass protection, except in play action.

Comment

Working...
                  X