Marlon Brown (WR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlon Brown (WR)

Looks like he's healed and on the roster. This guy is a monster at 6' 5" - carrying 7 WR's though.... What do you all think? Instant #3 since Taylor seems to be the only productive WR past DT & Sanders.

He's in his 4th year in the NFL right? We could use someone with experience though personally I think Taylor has earned the #3. Like always there's no way to know how anyone plays until they actually play.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
      He's in his 4th year in the NFL right? We could use someone with experience though personally I think Taylor has earned the #3. Like always there's no way to know how anyone plays until they actually play.
      I agree but I think we are seeing a bit of a realization that we need to rotate in bigger and taller WR's who can play. Mix up our offense where we have Sanders, DT and another taller WR. I actually see this approach as a bit of a nod to the DT and Decker offense which seemed to work rather well (minus the SB).

As the very cliche yet accurate statement goes "we need to find and get miss-matches on the field".

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
        I agree but I think we are seeing a bit of a realization that we need to rotate in bigger and taller WR's who can play. Mix up our offense where we have Sanders, DT and another taller WR. I actually see this approach as a bit of a nod to the DT and Decker offense which seemed to work rather well (minus the SB).

As the very cliche yet accurate statement goes "we need to find and get miss-matches on the field".
        I haven't seen Sanders make a huge gain in a while. Sounds like Brown is being brought in for that " big receiver mismatch" role against many team's secondaries
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Broncos signed Brown with a two year contract. We don't know the details of the contract but creates the option to move on from Latimer, Norwood or Fowler.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
            Broncos signed Brown with a two year contract. We don't know the details of the contract but creates the option to move on from Latimer, Norwood or Fowler.
            Fowler has shown he is a better WR and he does play ST. Latimer has had some good ST play but relatively poor WR play. I only see us looking at either of those two guys. Particularly with JT's role expanding and he and Brown being very similar in size.

Again I see that we are finally wanting to get taller and better at the WR spot. Between Brown and Taylor really looking good I like our options. I also see this as a bit of a DT insurance. DT tends to get tweaked a bit and having Taylor and another taller WR simply gives us options.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
              I haven't seen Sanders make a huge gain in a while. Sounds like Brown is being brought in for that " big receiver mismatch" role against many team's secondaries
              Agreed..sorta what I said but he and Taylor on paper are basically the same size. Also Taylor seems to be doing quite well on his own. So I see this as more of a Fowler or Latimer alternative. Perhaps also a DT backup. Also three wide with Taylor DT and Brown would be scary....

Comment

Agreed..sorta what I said but he and Taylor on paper are basically the same size.
                Yes. Jordan Taylor is just a bit taller. Marlon Brown is 6'3 7/8" which is basically 6'4". Taylor is 6'4 3/8" and had a 36 1/2" vertical at his pro day. Brown did not record a vertical jump because of a knee injury.
                sigpic

Comment

Fowler has shown he is a better WR and he does play ST. Latimer has had some good ST play but relatively poor WR play. I only see us looking at either of those two guys. Particularly with JT's role expanding and he and Brown being very similar in size.

Again I see that we are finally wanting to get taller and better at the WR spot. Between Brown and Taylor really looking good I like our options. I also see this as a bit of a DT insurance. DT tends to get tweaked a bit and having Taylor and another taller WR simply gives us options.
                  With Taylor coming along it will be great to have added playmaking capability with Brown. Would be interesting to see a defense cover DT, Taylor and Brown at the same time. Not sure Denison will run plays with the three of them.
                  Last edited by Fantaztic7; 11-22-2016, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                    With Taylor coming along it will be great to have added playmaking capability with Brown. Would be interesting to see a defense cover DT, Taylor and Brown at the same time. Not sure Denison will run plays with the three of them.
                    I could see that being a redzone package

Comment

I could see that being a redzone package
                      How about Sunday vs. KC

Comment

What's the scoop on this guy? Had a decent '14 season (49 receptions), but the numbers are about 1/2 as productive in the following seasons. Based on his yards per catch, he seems to be used in tight, at just over 10 yards per catch. Given his height, will he supplement our TE production?

Comment

I remember his rookie year being impressive but I have no idea what happened after. He took a back seat when the Ravens brought in Steve Smith I believe. Either way, I think he is now our third best WR but the biggest obstacle will likely be learning the playbook and chemistry with Trevor. Hard to expect late season acquisitions to ever do much.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            What's the scoop on this guy? Had a decent '14 season (49 receptions), but the numbers are about 1/2 as productive in the following seasons. Based on his yards per catch, he seems to be used in tight, at just over 10 yards per catch. Given his height, will he supplement our TE production?
                            Well, you do know who his offensive coordinator was in '14, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                              Well, you do know who his offensive coordinator was in '14, right?
                              I am out of touch these days......let me hazard a guess. He has won a SB since, and will likely know how to make the most of this player's talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X