Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Add a Little Silver to Locker Room...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Add a Little Silver to Locker Room...

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bron...he-locker-room

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos did a little interior decorating this week; call it a little football feng shui to prepare them for a stretch drive.

The newest addition now sits in the center of their locker room. A display case with three Lombardi trophies has been added to the room, one for each of the franchise's three Super Bowl wins -- including the one from this past February.

"That's cool," Broncos safety T.J. Ward said. "I like seeing those on a daily basis."

The Broncos had a bye last week and practiced Monday. However, the new display was not in the locker room then, having been moved in on the players' off day Tuesday.

When the players arrived Wednesday, they began to post pictures on social media with the trophy case in the background.

Told the players had taken pictures, Broncos coach Gary Kubiak said after Wednesday's practice it was a reminder of the kinds of games the Broncos want to play in.

"It's good that there's some in this building, that's a good thing," Kubiak said. "Those things don't do you any good right now, it's a new year, a new battle. I think this team's really excited ... we're there, six weeks to play, a lot of big football games to play in, that's why we do what we do."

"Pretty cool, especially this home stretch for us, not that we need a reminder, it's cool to see them in there," quarterback Trevor Siemian said. "And that's the goal, that's what we're all working for."

In addition to last February's Super Bowl 50, the Broncos won back-to-back titles to close out the 1997 and 1998 seasons.

The past happened and that is great but right now we are third....here hoping all this did was put things in perspective.

Comment

Good way to remember that we ARE champions. Remind everyone why they play the game.

Comment

Peyton also stopped by and several of the players said it gave the team a lift. Hope this all translates onto the field. Go get them boys!
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I posted this picture in a thread in the smack forum yesterday and I stated that hopefully it will motivate Gary Kubiak and John Elway to do something about the offensive coordinator schemes and offensive line coaches style of preparations.

Maybe it'll motivate them to crack the whip on those guys and get them to focus a little, better not just the players.

Comment

Kubiak ... "I think this team's really excited ... we're there, six weeks to play, a lot of big football games to play in, that's why we do what we do."

Isn't it more like 10 weeks?

:lombardi:

I think they messed up on the base that those trophies are setting on; shouldn't be those colors ..
            (I can't write what those colors are) it should be orange, blue and white!

sigpic

Comment

Hope it motivates the players to focus and play like their jobs depend on it.
              Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Not sure how much I like this

It seems a good idea to have the goal in mind but honestly I think I would rather players be focused on their weekly tasks. The players they need to deal with that game each week.

I like how last year iirc it was Ware who brought a trophy out at one point and said the opposing team was trying to take this away from us. Not sure if I like the constant reminder always in the face.

Will be interesting to see how this works in terms of focus and motivation.

Looks cool though I agree with that.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                  Kubiak ... "I think this team's really excited ... we're there, six weeks to play, a lot of big football games to play in, that's why we do what we do."

I think they messed up on the base that those trophies are setting on; shouldn't be those colors ..

Yeah that's my only complaint.

As soon as I saw the pic I was like "Why the HELL would they choose 'those' colors and not orange & blue or at least a neutral color?"

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

As soon as I saw the pic I was like "Why the HELL would they choose 'those' colors and not orange & blue or at least a neutral color?"
                    Exactly! As far as I'm concerned OUR colors are the colors of Champions! That silver and black nonsense is exactly that, nonsense! Heck, I wouldn't be mad if they could've made the trophies metallic Orange and Blue also!
                    #swapping

Comment

Those trophies are beautiful, and they represent many years of effort and good quality football. The fact that we are one of the most successful teams in the game and only have three proves how valuable they are. Lets put it this way, most teams have less, and very few have more.

I am sure they will add some motivation, even if just a little....at this stage, positive increments all have some merit, given that everyone is looking for some sort of edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

I feel you 100% and not a color expert but I think those are considered neutral colors to anyone except Raider haters...tho as I am a Raider Hater my opinion is only a guess of what others think
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          Those trophies are beautiful, and they represent many years of effort and good quality football. The fact that we are one of the most successful teams in the game and only have three proves how valuable they are. Lets put it this way, most teams have less, and very few have more.

I am sure they will add some motivation, even if just a little....at this stage, positive increments all have some merit, given that everyone is looking for some sort of edge.
                          Great post Can, a quick search turned up some interesting statistics.

Pitt(1933) at 6 leads the pack ugh.. Cowboys(1960) and Niners(1946) at 5 apiece and Packers(1921) and Giants(1925) at 4. Only the Cowboys were founded in 1960 like the Broncos, the rest are OG. It should be mentioned that the Cowboys outspent the rest of the league by more than the national debt during their dynasty in the pre-cap era.

From there the cream rises to the top based less on time in league and more on quality of ownership and personnel.

Broncos, Redskins, Raiders and Pats are the top of the heap with 3 each. Dolphins, Colts and Ravens have 2, the one hit wonders are The Rams, KC, Bucs, Bears, Jets, Saints and Hawks.

This leaves 13 out of 32 with no rings at all Some have never even played in a Superbowl!!! Yikes

By all means put those trophies where we see, feel and love them every day... The Broncos Rock the Rockies (in that KBPI Robo voice)

Edit: The Broncos have lost the most Superbowls but Hey, at least we were there.
                          Last edited by Taos_Broncomaniac; 11-25-2016, 06:26 PM.
                          [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Truelly a historic organization that is no where near finished!

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                              Great post Can, a quick search turned up some interesting statistics.

Pitt(1933) at 6 leads the pack ugh.. Cowboys(1960) and Niners(1946) at 5 apiece and Packers(1921) and Giants(1925) at 4. Only the Cowboys were founded in 1960 like the Broncos, the rest are OG. It should be mentioned that the Cowboys outspent the rest of the league by more than the national debt during their dynasty in the pre-cap era.

From there the cream rises to the top based less on time in league and more on quality of ownership and personnel.

Broncos, Redskins, Raiders and Pats are the top of the heap with 3 each. Dolphins, Colts and Ravens have 2, the one hit wonders are The Rams, KC, Bucs, Bears, Jets, Saints and Hawks.

This leaves 13 out of 32 with no rings at all. Some have never even played in a Superbowl!!! Yikes

By all means put those trophies where we see, feel and love them every day... The Broncos Rock the Rockies (in that KBPI Robo voice)

Edit: The Broncos have lost the most Superbowls but Hey, at least we were there.
                              Good work my friend!

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              Truelly a historic organization that is no where near finished!
                              We are just getting our seats warm.....

Comment

Working...
                              X