Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Add a Little Silver to Locker Room...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Great post Can, a quick search turned up some interesting statistics.

Pitt(1933) at 6 leads the pack ugh.. Cowboys(1960) and Niners(1946) at 5 apiece and Packers(1921) and Giants(1925) at 4. Only the Cowboys were founded in 1960 like the Broncos, the rest are OG. It should be mentioned that the Cowboys outspent the rest of the league by more than the national debt during their dynasty in the pre-cap era.

From there the cream rises to the top based less on time in league and more on quality of ownership and personnel.

Broncos, Redskins, Raiders and Pats are the top of the heap with 3 each. Dolphins, Colts and Ravens have 2, the one hit wonders are The Rams, KC, Bucs, Bears, Jets, Saints and Hawks.

This leaves 13 out of 32 with no rings at all Some have never even played in a Superbowl!!! Yikes

By all means put those trophies where we see, feel and love them every day... The Broncos Rock the Rockies (in that KBPI Robo voice)

Edit: The Broncos have lost the most Superbowls but Hey, at least we were there.
    Honestly, I actually throw that tidbit around a lot, especially when Jet fans around me get to running their trap. To say that in my lifetime, I've watched, with my own eyes, my favorite team compete in 7 SB's (the Cowboys SB I was only a baby, so it doesn't count as a game I watched), is a testament to how good a franchise we've been. It's hard to win them all. And I know history only remembers the winner. But as a fan, I enjoy the wins and appreciate the losses, just for the thrill and chance of being there.
    #swapping

Comment

Pitt(1933) at 6 leads the pack ugh.. Cowboys(1960) and Niners(1946) at 5 apiece and Packers(1921) and Giants(1925) at 4. Only the Cowboys were founded in 1960 like the Broncos, the rest are OG. It should be mentioned that the Cowboys outspent the rest of the league by more than the national debt during their dynasty in the pre-cap era.

From there the cream rises to the top based less on time in league and more on quality of ownership and personnel.

Broncos, Redskins, Raiders and Pats are the top of the heap with 3 each. Dolphins, Colts and Ravens have 2, the one hit wonders are The Rams, KC, Bucs, Bears, Jets, Saints and Hawks.

This leaves 13 out of 32 with no rings at all Some have never even played in a Superbowl!!! Yikes

By all means put those trophies where we see, feel and love them every day... The Broncos Rock the Rockies (in that KBPI Robo voice)

Edit: The Broncos have lost the most Superbowls but Hey, at least we were there.
      Don't the Pats have 4?

Comment

Originally posted by BradleyRay View Post
        Don't the Pats have 4?
        Yes but four with asterisk.

No smack intended, just stating an opinion.

Comment

I'll never forget the 97-98 SB with PB saying this one is for JOHN!!
          For all the SB we totally got blown out of, beating the Packers was best year I have ever witnessed as a Broncos fan. Then to top it all off, we won back to back, the saddest day I've ever had as a Broncos fan was seeing Elway retiring, as I knew at that point we would never have another QB quite like Elway ever again, and the fourth Q comeback that JE would constantly produce for us fans.
          Now with Elway as our GM, and winning last year seeing JE saying "THIS ONE FOR PAT" rekindled those old feelings all over again, and can't wait to see how this year turns out, especially with basically a rookie QB.
          GOD BLESS THE ORANGE AND BLUE FOREVER.

Comment

Don't the Pats have 4?
            Used this reference, http://www.betfirm.com/most-super-bowl-wins/

I guess I missed that, CP for the catch. :thumb:
            [sigpic

Comment

Don't the Pats have 4?
              Only reason they have any is they cheated to get them. In my opinion there are asterisks by everyone of their SB victories. Every time they get anywhere it is always surrounded by some sort of "___GATE" scandal.
              sigpic
              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

I think less than 10 teams in all of football would keep their Super Bowl record over ours.

It sucks to lose one or more...but the memories I have from all the great games...and we do have 3 rings!

The losses would hurt more if we never won a ring like some other teams
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                X