Juwan Vs Ronnie Hillman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juwan Vs Ronnie Hillman

So I heard we went back after Hillman when he was cut. To me this seems a bit odd. Why on earth are we not at least trying Juwan back at his initial position and see how he works out...it just seems odd to me. This general comment isn't coming from left field either given Kubiak's comments these past few days he is clearly less than pleased with our running backs currently suiting up.

Curious as to others thoughts on this...

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    So I heard we went back after Hillman when he was cut. To me this seems a bit odd. Why on earth are we not at least trying Juwan back at his initial position and see how he works out...it just seems odd to me. This general comment isn't coming from left field either given Kubiak's comments these past few days he is clearly less than pleased with our running backs currently suiting up.

Perhaps they want a player who knows the playbook? Perhaps they want a RB with speed? Other than that, I got nothing.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

So Y'all know that the Chargers got Hillman. We lost on that one.
      Captain Kirk

Comment

They probably have tried him there in practice and didn't like the fit. We see the offense for 65 plays a week in a game, the coaches see them for hundreds of reps (including the game) each week, plus individual periods, inside run, etc. I'm sure they've looked at a lot of options and aren't happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          They probably have tried him there in practice and didn't like the fit. We see the offense for 65 plays a week in a game, the coaches see them for hundreds of reps (including the game) each week, plus individual periods, inside run, etc. I'm sure they've looked at a lot of options and aren't happy with it.
          Exactly and 100% this.

Comment

Chargers had a higher priority for picking up on the waiver wire.
            Captain Kirk

Comment

We aren't exactly deep at the RB position right now, as long as we stay healthy Hillman probably would not be necessary.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kirk View Post
                Chargers had a higher priority for picking up on the waiver wire.
                I'm still curious as to why the Chargers pick him up. I mean really what did they see and Ronnie Hillman? Do they believe him to be a Darren Sproles like player? Or perhaps they did it to kind of spike the Broncos in their quest to take the AFC West.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                  I'm still curious as to why the Chargers pick him up. I mean really what did they see and Ronnie Hillman? Do they believe him to be a Darren Sproles like player? Or perhaps they did it to kind of spike the Broncos in their quest to take the AFC West.
                  SD has not depth behind Melvin Gordon, Hillman can be a role player. Their 2nd team RB is Kenneth Farrow, I am not familiar with him other than he is a rookie.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                    Exactly and 100% this.
                    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    In response to both of these...I understand the general concept of what you're saying but disagree with a portion of the premise. We all know that there are rules about the overall physicality of practise. Juwan is a different type of runner due to his overall size and how physical he is when running.

Comment

I think they were using Thompson more as a FB because Janovich was injured. It makes sense to roll with Booker/Bibbs/Thompson and Jano/Thompson. I don't know what Kubes' fascination is with Hillman other than speed.
                      Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

In response to both of these...I understand the general concept of what you're saying but disagree with a portion of the premise. We all know that there are rules about the overall physicality of practise. Juwan is a different type of runner due to his overall size and how physical he is when running.
                        But in the end you still need to be able to do the little things and have traits to make you a successful NFL back. Being physical is good, and it's tough to get a read on that in a typical practice. However he was able to display those thing in training camp and preseason, and the Broncos decided he wasn't their guy.

Add to that, there are many things the coaches see in practice and on film that the fans don't. We have no idea what they see and what they don't see when they watch him, but they have made educated decisions, none of us know what they know.

Comment

2015 Stats

Ronnie Hillman, 863 yards (Team Leader)
                          Juwan Thompson, 48 yards

Hoping that Thompson is the answer at running back is like hoping that Virgil Green is the answer at tight end. Frankly, I thought dumping Hillman was a mistake after the season he had behind one of the most pathetic offensive lines I've ever seen. This is Thompson's 3rd season. If he was good enough to get playing time, he'd be playing. Two different coaching staffs have kept him on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                            2015 Stats

Ronnie Hillman, 863 yards (Team Leader)
                            Juwan Thompson, 48 yards

Hoping that Thompson is the answer at running back is like hoping that Virgil Green is the answer at tight end. Frankly, I thought dumping Hillman was a mistake after the season he had behind one of the most pathetic offensive lines I've ever seen. This is Thompson's 3rd season. If he was good enough to get playing time, he'd be playing. Two different coaching staffs have kept him on the bench.

I'm not sure why you are using this as a comparison. Green makes catches and generates YAC when he goes out on routes but blocks so well that he gets kept in to help our weak O-Line. It would be great if Thompson was as good at his job as Green is at his.
                            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                              I'm not sure why you are using this as a comparison. Green makes catches and generates YAC when he goes out on routes but blocks so well that he gets kept in to help our weak O-Line. It would be great if Thompson was as good at his job as Green is at his.
                              It would be great if Green was as good as Daniels or Tamme. But, he isn't. And we have many, many years of evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X