• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane Ray Interview

Not sure if people have seen this, its a good read

http://www.nfl.com/shaneray

Keep Alex Smith in the pocket

We better hope the Broncos keep Alex Smith in the pocket and not let him beat us with his legs. Smith will burn a defense if they turn their backs on him - more than Rodgers even. You think the Broncos should stick to a zone under with a deep safety in the middle, the FS roaming to stay with Kelce or backs reaching behind the LBs w/ pressure on Smith up the middle while keeping outside containment. No funny stuff opening up the middle for a KC power rush or crazy stunts outside/in exposing the edge to Smith to run for 1st downs or worse yet TDs.

Comment

I'd be shocked if Alex Smith throws beyond his RBs and TEs often. Focus on those playing man against his wide outs outside, and don't give them short fields with turnovers against their D. If you do that, Broncos should win.

Comment

It would be nice to keep Alex Smith in the pocket, but of late, the defense has turned every opposing QB into a champion runner. Particularly, on 3rd and 20

Comment

Our front seven will need to stay disciplined for sure. We need our guys to finish plays today, no missed tackles, especially in the backfield. When we get a chance to hit Alex, we need to make an impression and make sure he goes down.
          Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Good read. To the point. I liked it. Thanks.
            Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
            Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
            Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Power Rankings Week 13: Thanksgiving Hangover Edition

Was off of work last week, so no rankings were done because when I am off I am lazy. Thanksgiving is over, the leftovers are gone, and this was a miserable week of football for us. Thankfully there were some bright spots in our offense to help us live through a week of like a million "almost!" games. Ugh, I so don't even want to do this write up this week, so it's gonna be a short one. Let's do this:

1-5

DAL
              NE
              OAK
              SEA
              NYG

Dallas: Almost lost.
              New England*: Almost lost.
              Oakland: Almost lost.
              Anyone see a running theme here?

I am getting sick of Seattle losing games and not leaving the top 5! They scored 5 friggin points and lost to Tampa and they only drop 2 spots! The Giants are 8-3? Holy crap I honestly didn't realize they were doing this good.

6-10

KC
              DEN
              DET
              ATL
              WAS

Lucky win for KC in a game that should have never went to overtime in the first place. KC can pretty much thank our Special Teams and high coaches for that gift of a win.

Detroit be rolling and I love it.

With Atlanta winning that division stays interesting, well for everyone except the Panthers.

Washington is an odd team aren't they? That's an honest question because I got nothing else to say about them this week.

11-15

MIA
              BUF
              BAL
              PIT
              MIN

Miami continues to win games to stay in playoff contention. Why can't they win against NE though? That makes them useless in my book. Yes yes we know they beat NE last year which helped us out big time, but stop living in the past, what have you done for me lately?

We should be worried about Buffalo leap frogging us soon... Just saying.

Baltimore desperately tries to stay relevant, and they are doing a decent job, while PIT could be the most dangerous team in the NFL, but then they aren't. Still, we get to see things like this from Brown and that makes me hate the Steelers like a smidge less.

The Vikings need to lay off the horns of ale and get back to doing something productive. They haven't looked good lately, and we all know they are better than this.

16-20

SD
              GB
              TB
              PHI
              NO

It's sad, that SD is 2 games behind us. It sucks they won (but they made Brocky-O look like garbage, but more on that in a moment), but when you play in the ebst division in football, all the teams are a threat.

Green Bay came out on top last night, in a game I sort of watched. I was just so out of football mode after the loss on Sunday night, that even Rodger's sideline mystery tent (yes that's a thing, I seens it!) couldn't bring me back last night.

TB laying the smacketh down upon Seattle. Bravo!

Philly is still a team you shouldn't take lightly, in a monster of a division. They are the Chargers of their division. So um , YAY for that!

Between Brees throwing for a million points and McCoy over in Buffalo putting up a million points, my fantasy opponent this week didn't need the rest of his players to beat me. I've dropped 3 in a row, but at least this loss was an honest to God loss. Last week I lost because my kicker missed both his extra points, and the week prior I lost because Eifert couldn't go a few more yards for a TD. Where were we? The Saints? Let's just move on.

21-30

HOU
              ARZ
              IND
              TEN
              CAR
              LA
              CIN
              CHI
              NYJ
              JAX

Brocky-O threw for over 200 this week, but no TDs. He did have a trio of pics though. There is a lot of uneasiness going on in Houston right now all swirling around a 70$ million investment that is tanking right now.

Listen, I can't say "I told you so" about this team enough.

What's the point of talking about the Colts when Luck didn't even play?

They crush one week, and get lucky the next. Hey, whatever, they are .500 now so Titan fans have to happy about that.

Carolina, you had one job and you failed. Not only did you fail but you gave us hope first before you failed big time.

Rams gave up 49 points, but at least Goff played pretty good.

It's funny to think where the Bengals and Panthers were this time last year. I am literally laughing.

Tough friggin loss for a team that played their furry little Bear hearts out.

1 job Jets! No one expected you to get it done, and you didn't, so I guess I am not really mad at you. Carry on sucking!

I got nothing on the Jags this week.

31- Kap is actually playing good? I can't make this crap up anymore.

32- Guess who? The Browns inch closer to a #1 draft pick and a winless season. The game however wasn't awful to watch surprisingly. Go figure.

Comment

I think these have ran their course.

Comment

OTHER POWER RANKINGS

ESPN: 5. Denver Broncos

2016 record: 7-4 | Week 12 ranking: 5

It's a pretty simple formula for the Broncos: win the turnover battle, and win the game (5-0 this season). Break even or worse in the turnover battle, and lose the game (2-4). Can Denver win the turnover battle this week at Jacksonville?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...gland-patriots

CBS: 7 Broncos (last week 4) They had to feel like they gave one away against the Chiefs. Their offense has to do more.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings/

FOX: 9 Denver Broncos (last week: 5)

The Broncos came extremely close to beating the Chiefs and moving ahead of them in the division, but a few decisions down the stretch hurt their chances. On the bright side, Trevor Siemian had his best game of the year and didn’t look overwhelmed by the big stage. The defense is obviously still the biggest strength of this team.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery...raiders-112916

NBC: 8. Broncos (7-4; last week No. 6): If the Broncos can’t trust their defense, can any team trust its defense?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-rankings-6/

Football Outsiders DVOA:
                  DEN 15 (last week 11) off 24 def 2 st 22

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...2-dvoa-ratings

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Bates - nice work here after a tough weekend for Broncos fans.

Interesting to see Elliott has Denver ranked 4th looking at AFC teams.

Special Teams, Defense and coaching decisions cost the Broncos a win.

I'm with you after a tough loss I tend to tune out MNF. Really sad.

On the bright side how about Trevor lighting it up for 391 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT and 23 rush yards.

5 games let's go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by ThundersCome View Post
                      Then don't read them. Pretty simple solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        Bates - nice work here after a tough weekend for Broncos fans.

Interesting to see Elliott has Denver ranked 4th looking at AFC teams.

Special Teams, Defense and coaching decisions cost the Broncos a win.

I'm with you after a tough loss I tend to tune out MNF. Really sad.

On the bright side how about Trevor lighting it up for 391 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT and 23 rush yards.

5 games let's go Broncos!
                        Tell me about it. I was so lethargic writing this yesterday lol. What is sad, is that if we made some simple changes, we could be the most complete team in football. Instead we are hoping for a wild card spot when we should be fighting for the first seed.

Comment

Originally posted by ThundersCome View Post
                          Sumtimes I ran and sumtimes I run...Sumtimes I just sits on the porch.

Keep up the good work Bates
                          [sigpic

Comment

Film Study: Lynch Designed Runs?

In light of the Siemian injury, I went back on my DVR and broke down some of Lynch's snaps. In the Tampa Bay game where he came in relief, and then in the Atlanta game there were ZERO designed QB runs.

I understand we aren't talking about RG3, Vick, or Wilson. Many running QBs have said they like to run the ball early, it gets them into a rhythm. Luck for example has said that.

If Lynch has to start, why not run a couple QB draws from shotgun. I'm not talking about a zone read Tebow offense, just let the guy carry the rock once or twice early to get him comfortable.

Thoughts?

Comment

Boot is in the Zone Series. If QB has a defender, throw; if not, run to the sideline. Zone Series is run from under center.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X