Post game rants -- Week 12 -- Chiefs and Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco_Mike View Post
    I hate to call out one player for a loss, so I won't. I will call out a player, and a coach. Norwood and the special team coach lost this game - period. The punt before the safety, again Norwood mis-judged the punt and ended up back tracking the punt and catching it over his shoulder, heading in the wrong direction. If he would have let it go, it probably would have ended up going into the end zone. instead he caught it, which was stupid.

Then, at a critical point in the game, he mis-judged another punt that goes off his face mask. My goodness, you are making good money to just catch a damn football on a punt! That gave KC great field position when we should have had the ball.

Norwood should NOT be returning kicks, and can't catch passes, so I really don't know what he brings to the team.

The special team coach, DeCamillis is equally to blame. Why do your special teams continue to be sooo BAD? Why do I always expect to see a penalty for a hold or block in the back on returns? Why do your slow returners not take a knee in the end zone, and not know when to fair catch a punt as opposed to letting it go?

The defense has carried this team for a year and a half. They may not be as good as last year, but they are still very, very good. The offense really came around against KC and did very well. I can't blame, defense or offense for this loss.

The Broncos special teams suck, and have most of the year. If that problem is not addressed soon, it won't matter how well the defense plays, and how much the offense improves. Special teams blunders killed this team against the Chiefs, and have bad most of the year!
    Did you see Joe D's presser yet? He said it was the worst STs effort he's ever seen in his entire career. Said it's his fault and they are working on getting things corrected.

I'll believe it when I see it. It was hard to hear the question but I believe someone asked whether he's gonna make any personnel changes and he said no. So it looks like Norwood still has the job. Unbelievable.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
      Here's another question. That TD they scored - why was that reviewed in the first place? It was not called a TD. Only scoring plays are automatically reviewed. Right?

If anyone wanted to challenge it shouldn't KC have to be the one to do it? Not the refs.

That seemed like a questionable review to me.
      Reviews come from the officials' booth with under 2:00 to play, which has been a rule for some time. It doesn't have to be a scoring play. They're usually catches or out-of-bounds type reviews in that time frame.

All scoring plays are reviewed regardless of time remaining, which if I'm not mistaken, is a newer rule.
      Last edited by ChupaThingy; 12-01-2016, 11:52 PM.
      2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

Did you see Joe D's presser yet? He said it was the worst STs effort he's ever seen in his entire career. Said it's his fault and they are working on getting things corrected.

I'll believe it when I see it. It was hard to hear the question but I believe someone asked whether he's gonna make any personnel changes and he said no. So it looks like Norwood still has the job. Unbelievable.
        The special teams were great last year and have been good at times this year. He's taking the blame, and I'm sure he'll get it fixed. And I would also guess that we'll see plenty of Raymond returning punts on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          The special teams were great last year and have been good at times this year. He's taking the blame, and I'm sure he'll get it fixed. And I would also guess that we'll see plenty of Raymond returning punts on Sunday.
          Sounds good.

Comment

• To this point the special teams look much improved. 2 punts downed inside the 5. And after a rough start on his first 2 PR for -1 yards total, Raymond has gained 19 and 3 yards on his next two. Finger crossed, but the special teams look much better.

Comment

• Gotta give it to the ST's today. They played really well today. Way to go Raymond.

Comment

Gotta give it to the ST's today. They played really well today. Way to go Raymond.
                Did not like McManus kickoff out of bounds. Maybe he was told to make a short kick to pin the returner and made a bad kick.

Well he accounted for 8 points so can't complain too much.

Comment

• They still made a couple of bad errors. I think it was the first punt that Raymond let bounce on what the 30 yard line and it went back to the 5 where he tried to salvage it but it still pinned us way deeper than it should have. It should have been fielded by the up man if Raymond couldn't get to it because it was a short punt.

The second was McManus' kick out of bounds which gave them the ball on the 40.

We managed to avoid these errors costing us points but if we do this against a good team it will cost us.
                  sigpic
                  Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                  2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                  2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

• I like when Riley punts and Kayvon catches it. It's like rugby.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      I like when Riley punts and Kayvon catches it. It's like rugby.
                      In Canadian football it's a lot more like rugby in that you can put a player behind the kicker (has to be behind them at the moment of the kick) and they can go recover the ball for their team. This is prevalent in windy conditions, and in the Vanier Cup (the Canadian College Championship) this year the Laval team kept a player behind the FG kicker, he just pooched it up in front of the goal line and their player almost recovered, although he did leave early and was ultimately penalized for being in the 5 yard restraining zone on scrimmage kicks.

Comment

• I love what Raymond brings to the table. He had some good returns today. I don't know what happen on the first punt where he didn't get a chance to field it and it bounced to the 5. Looks like he could get to it in time. Was it a short kick?
                        Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

• He settled in nicely. Never called a fair catch that wasn't necessary and showed a burst. Raymond has potential
                          Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

Comment

• Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                            I love what Raymond brings to the table. He had some good returns today. I don't know what happen on the first punt where he didn't get a chance to field it and it bounced to the 5. Looks like he could get to it in time. Was it a short kick?
                            As a longtime low level ST coach, to me it looked like a real short kick that he tried to play in the air but the angle just made it impossible. I would have liked to have seen him take a wide route to behind the ball and let it bounce and play it off the bounce. But it's a young player on his first PR attempt and I think he really wanted to try and make a play.

Comment

Working...
                            X