Guys losing is not the end of the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys losing is not the end of the world

We may be able upgrade our oline better with a middle pick then a bottom we need to do stuff in fa and the draft get talent infused in this oline and start the rebuild
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

That's next year. That's a long wait.

In the meantime, I am done watching scrub football.
    sigpic

Comment

Sure feels like it to me.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I got a wife who nags me, two kids who whine all day, a job that everyone around me laughs at, and a boatload of bills. The Broncos is all I have!

More seriously though, the way we lost is the problem. We weren't outplayed like we were against ATL or OAK. We let a team break us. When that happens it is very damaging to our long-term viability as a championship team.

Comment

soooo what you're saying is that we should be ok with mediocrity and even welcome it to the franchise?

naaaaa I'm cool ... at the very least I expect Division Titles every year (not looking good this year) but Playoff Runs and SB appearances are nice (wins are even better) and anything less is failure from the top to the bottom of the roster, and yes, I hold Elway just as liable for this season as I do anyone else on the team.
          sigpic

Comment

I think some are being dramatic about this loss, plain and simple.

Both teams fought very hard on both sides of the ball and should be very proud. That's football though. Sometimes it comes down to those little things and we don't get it our way. Could have happened against the Panthers, against the Saints, against the Pats and Steelers last year in the play offs. Things like this happen.

If you want to be upset with the Broncos, fine, that's your prerogative but our team played its heart out last night (minus special teams). Turning your back on them now is letting your emotions get the best of you. Stick with them and support them because we still have a great team.
            I believe.

Comment

The defense didn't fight hard at the end of regulation, it crumbled... and in that moment I realized this team isn't going anywhere this season. The Broncos are not a great team right now, though there is some excellent talent at certain positions. The line play (OL and DL), which should be the foundation for success, isn't anywhere close to good enough - that's something the team will have to address in the offseason.

As for the OP's thoughts, there need to be some improvements to the coaching staff to be able to make good use of whatever talent the team acquires in the offseason. There also needs to be some change in (stubborn) beliefs - for example, we might actually think about investing resources (draft pick / $$$ / roster spot) in someone whose primary role is KR/PR.

Comment

We've been in the playoffs so many times the last 7 years. We've been to the super bowl twice in the last 4 years. I don't understand the whole sky is falling mentality. It's hard enough to win a super bowl in a 15 year period let alone repeating as super bowl champs.

There's this perception that New England wins the super bowl every year which is so far from the truth. Before two years ago how long had it been since the Pats won a super bowl?

Elway & Ellis had a plan, it's not been working thus far, but they will do whatever is necessary to improve the team year after year. The proof is in the pudding by the money spends on keeping players like Vin, Stewart, Sanders, DT in Denver. When is the last time you saw New England spend that kind of money on anyone besides Tom Brady, and they don't pay him market value.

Comment

If in End of the World you mean End of the Season, then yes this loss has not ended our season. It most likely ended our hopes of winning another AFC West Title.
                  Even if we miss the playoffs this whole season is not a loss.
                  1.Next years Qb will be decided in the next 5 games,
                  2.next seasons running back will be decided as well.
                  3.The oline well I think it was decided despite his play Stephenson is better than Sambrailo.
                  4. That being said I think Paradis is the only one on our oline who is guaranteed a job next year.
                  5. Will find out if Derby is the answer at TE in the next 5 games
                  In conclusion all is not lost. This team has a lot of improvement to be made but while we are currently out of the playoff seeding we still have a chance. If you think about it the playoffs start this week @ Jacksonville. And I many will say playoffs started last night your right but that was for the division and the #1 seed, now were fighting for a wildcard.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                    I got a wife who nags me, two kids who whine all day, a job that everyone around me laughs at, and a boatload of bills. The Broncos is all I have!

More seriously though, the way we lost is the problem. We weren't outplayed like we were against ATL or OAK. We let a team break us. When that happens it is very damaging to our long-term viability as a championship team.
                    And next Sunday we can cheer them on again

Just a game...
                    [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      If in End of the World you mean End of the Season, then yes this loss has not ended our season. It most likely ended our hopes of winning another AFC West Title.
                      Even if we miss the playoffs this whole season is not a loss.
                      1.Next years Qb will be decided in the next 5 games,
                      2.next seasons running back will be decided as well.
                      3.The oline well I think it was decided despite his play Stephenson is better than Sambrailo.
                      4. That being said I think Paradis is the only one on our oline who is guaranteed a job next year.
                      5. Will find out if Derby is the answer at TE in the next 5 games
                      In conclusion all is not lost. This team has a lot of improvement to be made but while we are currently out of the playoff seeding we still have a chance. If you think about it the playoffs start this week @ Jacksonville. And I many will say playoffs started last night your right but that was for the division and the #1 seed, now were fighting for a wildcard.
                      Nice points. Losing is always tough especially to a division opponent with playoff implications. A lot can happen in 5 games and the Broncos need to put this one behind them and prepare for the Jags. Can't look ahead just get a win to be at 8-4. Long shot for the AFC West title but still possible - wildcard is definitely in reach.

I believe Trevor took the next step especially considering the protection. Long term we have a good situation with Trevor and Paxton developing.

Sanders played lights out and DT is more consistent. Taylor is contributing more each game. Derby has potential and already contributing.

Booker and Bibbs ran hard and a lot of respect to Bibbs for taking that hit and going back in.

On the defensive side they dominated in the first half and just didn't close like they usually do. Beyond this season look at how many players we have signed - Wolfe, Stewart and CHJ. We should get Vance Walker back (cannot recall his contract). Even guys like Crick have contributed.

We know the O line must be addressed. I would have to believe Elway sees he has good young talent at QB and must fix the line.

For all the discussion about Kubiak and the coaches - we'll see how this team executes over the last 5 games. Good test for Kubiak to keep this team in the hunt for the playoffs.

Lot of football left Broncos Country.....try to enjoy the season as it's a long wait between each season.
                      Last edited by Fantaztic7; 11-28-2016, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        Nice points. Losing is always tough especially to a division opponent with playoff implications. A lot can happen in 5 games and the Broncos need to put this one behind them and prepare for the Jags. Can't look ahead just get a win to be at 8-4. Long shot for the AFC West title but still possible - wildcard is definitely in reach.

I believe Trevor took the next step especially considering the protection. Long term we have a good situation with Trevor and Paxton developing.

Sanders played lights out and DT is more consistent. Taylor is contributing more each game. Derby has potential and already contributing.

Booker and Bibbs ran hard and a lot of respect to Bibbs for taking that hit and going back in.

On the defensive side they dominated in the first half and just didn't close like they usually do. Beyond this season look at how many players we have signed - Wolfe, Stewart and CHJ. We should get Vance Walker back (cannot recall his contract). Even guys like Crick have contributed.

We know the O line must be addressed. I would have to believe Elway sees he has good young talent at QB and must fix the line.

For all the discussion about Kubiak and the coaches - we'll see how this team executes over the last 5 games. Good test for Kubiak to keep this team in the hunt for the playoffs.

Lot of football left Broncos Country.....try to enjoy the season as it's a long wait between each season.
                        Great post Fantaztic, +1 and a really great attitude.
                        I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
                          Great post Fantaztic, +1 and a really great attitude.
                          Thanks. There was certainly plenty to be frustrated about but it's done. It's a good thing to have this board for everyone to vent or be positive (within CoC). Everyone's messages show that we have a great fan base.

Comment

I was told weeks ago I don't understand football and that I'm an idiot when folks said we will repeat when we started 4-0. I said we played lousy teams and mud was tossed that we beat great teams. Look at the records combined the first 4 games this year. 18 wins between 4 teams. We are a mediocre team that's played some lousy teams. We are lucky to have 7 wins.

Comment

Clean up the penalties and ST play and this team can go 4-1 but more realistically 3-2 in last 5 and unfortunately the extra loss instead of the tie could keep us out of the playoffs

Comment

Working...
                              X