No announcement yet.

Guys losing is not the end of the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see some real hope here folks. In fact, if we win both road games coming up, and that is definitely not out of the question, we might just pick up 2 games on either of Oakland or KC....one for sure, given they play each other in just over a week. Oakland has Buffalo, a very difficult team to play, this weekend, and KC is in Atlanta. I believe at least one of those games will go our way, maybe both.

And yes, we have to take care of ourselves, but The Jax are not a good team this year, and Bortles is so predictable with his passes. We have to beat them, because we are the better team, and then we go to Tampa, and that game also should be in our favour. I know, you have to play the game, and we will.

No, I do not guarantee anything much anymore, but I can see us picking up one, maybe two games on one of these teams, and possibly one on the other. Either way, we take care of biz, and we will be looking good when The Pats bring their act to town.

Comment

Scrub football is Jags football. You guys might get a kick out of the picture on jags4life.com

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I see some real hope here folks. In fact, if we win both road games coming up, and that is definitely not out of the question, we might just pick up 2 games on either of Oakland or KC....one for sure, given they play each other in just over a week. Oakland has Buffalo, a very difficult team to play, this weekend, and KC is in Atlanta. I believe at least one of those games will go our way, maybe both.

And yes, we have to take care of ourselves, but The Jax are not a good team this year, and Bortles is so predictable with his passes. We have to beat them, because we are the better team, and then we go to Tampa, and that game also should be in our favour. I know, you have to play the game, and we will.

No, I do not guarantee anything much anymore, but I can see us picking up one, maybe two games on one of these teams, and possibly one on the other. Either way, we take care of biz, and we will be looking good when The Pats bring their act to town.
        I think you mean Tennessee after Jacksonville...

We'll be in Nashville for the Broncos-Titans...back to back wins will keep us on track to win the AFC West.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
          I think you mean Tennessee after Jacksonville...

We'll be in Nashville for the Broncos-Titans...back to back wins will keep us on track to win the AFC West.
          Sorry....got my T's mixed up. But same situation, we should beat both teams on the road. If so, we gain a minimum of one game on one of the teams, maybe two.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Sorry....got my T's mixed up. But same situation, we should beat both teams on the road. If so, we gain a minimum of one game on one of the teams, maybe two.
            OAK plays KC next Thursday. I'm going with the idea that OAK will win the division so I'd rather KC lose that game. If KC loses and we win, we'd move up. If KC wins, we'd stay in the same position I think.
            Last edited by broncoslover115; 12-01-2016, 06:57 PM.
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
              OAK plays KC next Thursday. I'm going with the idea that OAK will win the division so I'd rather KC lose that game. If KC loses and we win, we'd move up. If KC wins, we'd stay in the same position I think.
              Broncos would remain in 3rd with a win and KC loss - KC would still have a better division and conference record.

I think we would need to win out to have a chance at the AFC West.

Miami is #6 wildcard and they play @BAL, ARI, @NYJ, @BUF, NE*.

Realistically seems like we need to go 4-1 or 5-0 to make the playoffs.

Comment

Broncos would remain in 3rd with a win and KC loss - KC would still have a better division and conference record.

I think we would need to win out to have a chance at the AFC West.

Miami is #6 wildcard and they play @BAL, ARI, @NYJ, @BUF, NE*.

Realistically seems like we need to go 4-1 or 5-0 to make the playoffs.
                yeah. No more cushy second or third chances at this point to make the playoffs. And honestly, we've won the division 5 years in a row...sooner or later with competition this high in our division it'd catch up with us and we'd miss a year. It's ok if we don't make playoffs imo. Will make my life infinitely less stressful in January. As a fanbase, I think we have to realize it's not realistic to expect to go to the Superbowl every year nor make playoffs with rookies at RB, QB, FB, and several defensive positions, on top of injuries and the worse O line I have ever seen.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's going to be ok, missing the playoffs if that happens. Chances are that even if we do, we'll go one and done. Which is fine as well. Last time we went one and done something magical happened the next year.
                Last edited by TheAsianPA; 12-01-2016, 07:19 PM.
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  yeah. No more cushy second or third chances at this point to make the playoffs. And honestly, we've won the division 5 years in a row...sooner or later with competition this high in our division it'd catch up with us and we'd miss a year. It's ok if we don't make playoffs imo. Will make my life infinitely less stressful in January. As a fanbase, I think we have to realize it's not realistic to expect to go to the Superbowl every year nor make playoffs with rookies at RB, QB, FB, and several defensive positions, on top of injuries and the worse O line I have ever seen.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's going to be ok, missing the playoffs if that happens. Chances are that even if we do, we'll go one and done. Which is fine as well. Last time we went one and done something magical happened the next year.
                  We'll see what happens. Might feel like the season is lost but a lot can happen in 5 games. You are right about the stress - it should be but it is. I'm sitting here watching TNF and it's nice to enjoy the football.

Comment

We'll see what happens. Might feel like the season is lost but a lot can happen in 5 games. You are right about the stress - it should be but it is. I'm sitting here watching TNF and it's nice to enjoy the football.
                    haha it is nice watching two NFC teams slug it out, safe from harming us
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

As much as I hate losing to division rivals and had hoped the offensive line would be improved over last year enough to compensate for some dropoff in the defense, it's not really turning out that way. Knowing nothing about the team (like most analysts), you'd expect a team losing a first ballot HOF QB, starting RB, Malik and his replacement and starting ILB would take a step back. We have, though I'd pin it more on the oline, dline, and Norwood than QB/RB/LB. Big picture is we've had a dominant run and won a SB, we have a promising rookie QB, a good looking rookie RB, and are just a player or two away on defense. Oline is a mess, but many other teams have more problems to fix on both sides of the ball. A down year means .500 or a bit above, and we're still in a good position for the future. I sure wouldn't want to trade teams with the Houston fan base for instance.

As far as this year goes...we might squeak in and might not, but it's not looking like our year. The oline problems aren't getting better, and the defense can't compensate for the lack of offensive production like they did last year. I'm sort of at peace with it. At least Elway knows what needs fixing. Not like some teams that don't know where to start.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                        haha it is nice watching two NFC teams slug it out, safe from harming us
                        I have a belief we'll finish 4-1 and make the wildcard. Our defense struggled late in the game and in OT - like the Steelers game last season when they came back on us. All we need is to get in the playoffs and our defense can go to another level.

Comment

I have a belief we'll finish 4-1 and make the wildcard. Our defense struggled late in the game and in OT - like the Steelers game last season when they came back on us. All we need is to get in the playoffs and our defense can go to another level.
                          I'd love for that to happen...but losing this game at home at the healthiest we've ever been makes it hard for me to believe this team will find ways again to win. We'll see. This team is more than capable of doing the impossible.
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                          X