Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It Aint about how hard you hit...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Aint about how hard you hit...........

To me Trevor Siemian is our Rocky Balboa....Comes onto the scene as a lowly 7th rounder with little hopes of success and a huge underdog...just like my man Rocky in the original rocky....And boy TS gets hit and then gets hit again and again thanks to our joke of an O line but it seems the more he gets hit the more he then responds with high caliber play.The guy is Rocky tough.He has that eye of the tiger.Give him a half decent O line of NFL standard and watch this guy become a champion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4dtiw997iU

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    To me Trevor Siemian is our Rocky Balboa....Comes onto the scene as a lowly 7th rounder with little hopes of success and a huge underdog...just like my man Rocky in the original rocky....And boy TS gets hit and then gets hit again and again thanks to our joke of an O line but it seems the more he gets hit the more he then responds with high caliber play.The guy is Rocky tough.He has that eye of the tiger.Give him a half decent O line of NFL standard and watch this guy become a champion.

Sure but the issue is that great Qb's dont need great OL play. PM had poor OLs and made them look like studs.

Comment

It's not all on the o-line, part of the reason he gets hit at times is because he's too slow to make decisions. He has a quick release when he decides where he's going with the ball, but he truly has a slow release because it takes him awhile to go through his reads.

However, he did a much better job in the second half last night, and it looked like he was gaining confidence, as he does that the game will slow down for him and he'll make his decisions quicker and start getting hit less.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
        Sure but the issue is that great Qb's dont need great OL play. PM had poor OLs and made them look like studs.
        FWIW Manning looked pretty terrible behind this same o-line

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          It's not all on the o-line, part of the reason he gets hit at times is because he's too slow to make decisions. He has a quick release when he decides where he's going with the ball, but he truly has a slow release because it takes him awhile to go through his reads.

However, he did a much better job in the second half last night, and it looked like he was gaining confidence, as he does that the game will slow down for him and he'll make his decisions quicker and start getting hit less.

Guy was getting sacked after 1 second of the snap.No QB gets their reads that quick consistently.Let alone a QB making his tenth start.Still throw for over 300 Yds and 3 TD's and 0 Int's on a thoroughly dominated O line.

Comment

Guy was getting sacked after 1 second of the snap.No QB gets their reads that quick consistently.Let alone a QB making his tenth start.Still throw for over 300 Yds and 3 TD's and 0 Int's on a thoroughly dominated O line.
            He played better in the second half last night. But in his first 10 games he's had issues with taking too long, which has led to hits. That's not an indictment of him in any way, most young QBs go through that, it's just an acknowledgement that it's not all on the o-line all the time.

Comment

He played better in the second half last night. But in his first 10 games he's had issues with taking too long, which has led to hits. That's not an indictment of him in any way, most young QBs go through that, it's just an acknowledgement that it's not all on the o-line all the time.
              Fair enough.The guy has the toughness of a champion and he has laser like accuracy.Most of the incompletions last night was stellar play from the KC'S DB's who were in the broncos WR's pockets all night.But even then the passes were straight into the numbers of the broncos WR's it was just unfortunate that the KC DB,s were all over our receivers last night.

Comment

Fair enough.The guy has the toughness of a champion and he has laser like accuracy.Most of the incompletions last night was stellar play from the KC'S DB's who were in the broncos WR's pockets all night.But even then the passes were straight into the numbers of the broncos WR's it was just unfortunate that the KC DB,s were all over our receivers last night.
                He was great in the second half, showed me something that I hadn't seen outside of the 2 passes v Cincy. A couple of times I thought he could have completed the ball by leading his receiver a little more (one slant play in particular) but those are things that come with experience and reps with the receivers.

If he can continue to play that way, and even get a little better, again it'll come with experience, it will help the Broncos a lot in getting into the playoffs. It might be unfortunate to him, but the time for him to be a QB who just "doesn't make mistakes" is over, the Broncos need him to be a guy who can make plays and help them win. And in the second half last night he showed that he's capable of it.

And he also did a nice job of helping the offensive line out by stepping up in the pocket, or to the side a few times, and those timely runs. And that's not even including the run he made to the left sideline and then back which enabled Taylor to get some separation and for Siemian to put a nice strike right on the money!

Comment

Please stop it with blaming simian. I watched that oline last night get blown backwards every play. They are terrible. Yeah 2013 Peyton manny could make them look better by getting rid of it quick but that just covers up flaws doesn't make them any less of a dumpster fire.
                  Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                    Not true at all.
                    I believe.

Comment

He was great in the second half, showed me something that I hadn't seen outside of the 2 passes v Cincy. A couple of times I thought he could have completed the ball by leading his receiver a little more (one slant play in particular) but those are things that come with experience and reps with the receivers.

If he can continue to play that way, and even get a little better, again it'll come with experience, it will help the Broncos a lot in getting into the playoffs. It might be unfortunate to him, but the time for him to be a QB who just "doesn't make mistakes" is over, the Broncos need him to be a guy who can make plays and help them win. And in the second half last night he showed that he's capable of it.

And he also did a nice job of helping the offensive line out by stepping up in the pocket, or to the side a few times, and those timely runs. And that's not even including the run he made to the left sideline and then back which enabled Taylor to get some separation and for Siemian to put a nice strike right on the money!

I agree with this sentiment.I am a little surprised to see that TS has "only" been sacked 22 times this year behind our jOOOOke line.Perhaps his reads and release is quicker than some are thinking.

Comment

In IND PM had ALL-DAY to throw. I know because he was on my fantasy team
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I like Siemian and with our line and only 10 games he's done pretty well all things considered. He is still working on accuracy. In the New Orleans game he had some accurate throws, for example the TDs Taylor and DT. He also had a couple of throws that DT had to bail him out with one handed catches - two of them. He'll never be perfect but just the idea of being more consistent. It doesn't help to be behind the line we have.
                          Last edited by Fantaztic7; 12-04-2016, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                            FWIW Manning looked pretty terrible behind this same o-line
                            Not really a fair comparison. He was also being asked to learn a completely different offense. That has to be factored in.

Comment

I love that video. Everyone should listen to those words and apply them. Football players are no different as they need to remember these words about taking the hits and keep moving forward. Learning from your experiences and apply what you have learned and keep moving forward.

EVERYONE can learn from these words. Never give up, take the hits and keep moving forward. Believe in yourself.:clap:

sigpic
                              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                              X