Should we bring on Mike Shanahan as a consultant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we bring on Mike Shanahan as a consultant

What do you guys think is it completely ludicrous to think maybe it is time that we bring on Mike Shanahan as an offenseive coordinator and offensive line consultant?

Would it look like a desperate move?

Shanahan already stated that he'd like to work as a consultant somewhere but really didn't want the responsibilities of a head coach at the moment.

The season is far from over but we are on the brink of elimination.

Another thing to think about is if you look at other teams like Atlanta and Seattle, who are running similar schemes and realize that theyre systems work so why can't you ours?

Obviously somebody's in this organization is doing something wrong the past two seasons.

This O line has talent yet they have been complete garbage and that is very unprofessional and unacceptable.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-29-2016, 08:26 AM.

I feel like part of the O-Line struggle has to be coaching. Not sure if Shanny is the answer to that, but a change in coaching at that position group may be needed.
    You should leave a Bronco game at Mile High with little to no voice...

Comment

Shanny is looking to be a coach next year. I wouldn't want to bring him in for a couple months.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
        Shanny is looking to be a coach next year. I wouldn't want to bring him in for a couple months.
        Maybe he could teach Clancy and Dennison and Kubiak something for that matter lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          What do you guys think is it completely ludicrous to think maybe it is time that we bring on Mike Shanahan as an offenseive coordinator and offensive line consultant?

Shanahan already stated that he'd like to work as a consultant somewhere but really didn't want the responsibilities of a head coach at the moment.

Another thing to think about is if you look at other teams like Atlanta and Seattle, who are running similar schemes and realize that theyre systems work so why can't you ours?

Obviously somebody's in this organization is doing something wrong the past two seasons.

This O line has talent yet they have been complete garbage and that is very unprofessional and unacceptable.
          Seattle has a great defense and their O-line is just as atrocious as ours. Russell has more experience, so he's a bit better about knowing what to do when the pocket collapses. I'd say theirs works just as well as ours.

As for Shanny, I'm sure if his consultation was necessary, it would have happened already. Especially with how much our offense struggled last season. You have a lot of experience on that coaching staff as it is so I'd be shocked if they brought him in any capacity.
          I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

I wouldn't be against bringing back Shanny as an offensive consultant but who we really and desperately need to bring back before anyone else is Alex Gibbs as O-Line Coach and fire Clancy Barone.

Gibbs is/was the mastermind of the ZBS and was the O-line coach in Denver, Houston, Atlanta & Seattle when the ZBS was implemented with each team.
            Last edited by Mel B.; 11-29-2016, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Yes. Gibbs would put the fear of no other in them. I just worry if our guys would respond positively to that kind of coaching though.
              You should leave a Bronco game at Mile High with little to no voice...

Comment

Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
                Seattle has a great defense and their O-line is just as atrocious as ours. Russell has more experience, so he's a bit better about knowing what to do when the pocket collapses. I'd say theirs works just as well as ours.

As for Shanny, I'm sure if his consultation was necessary, it would have happened already. Especially with how much our offense struggled last season. You have a lot of experience on that coaching staff as it is so I'd be shocked if they brought him in any capacity.
                So when your opinion what would be the fix? Do we change up the scheme in the off-season completely and try to install a different style along the offensive line or keep the same coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball and have the same problem next year?

Because in my opinion this is a very talented group along the offensive line but this system just doesn't work anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                  I wouldn't be against bringing back Shanny as an offensive consultant but who we really and desperately need to bring back before anyone else is Alex Gibbs as O-Line Coach and fire Clancy Barone.

Gibbs is/was the mastermind of the ZBS and was the O-line coach in Denver, Houston, Atlanta & Seattle when the ZBS was implemented with each team.
                  Gibbs can draw up the same designs but I think the problem with him would be they are not very physical in practice anymore so I'm not sure how much he would help.

Comment

Gibbs was never the o-line coach in Houston and came in 2 years after the ZBS had been implemented as a part time consultant.

And he was never the o-line coach in Seattle, he was a consultant and was asked to leave in August of the only year he was there.

He wore out his welcome in Denver, twice, and lasted for 1 month in Seattle before wearing out his welcome.

Comment

Have to agree.

What freaks me out the most is that Kubes acquired a greatness for scripting plays from Shanny. We suck at scoring in the first quarter this year. Never would've thought that would be an issue. Leads me to believe that we could use a fresh perspective on what our gameplan going into the game should be. I get that we've had success playing it conservatively, and relying on the defense, but I think it's time to open it up early. I'm sure Kubes is already considering all of this, and trying to find ways to be creative w/o being silly in the first couple drives. It always helps to have a fresh set of eyes give you a little constructive criticism, is all.

Not saying that means bring in someone else necessarily, but maybe do a little more creative thinking collectively with the people we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                        Gibbs was never the o-line coach in Houston and came in 2 years after the ZBS had been implemented as a part time consultant.

And he was never the o-line coach in Seattle, he was a consultant and was asked to leave in August of the only year he was there.

He wore out his welcome in Denver, twice, and lasted for 1 month in Seattle before wearing out his welcome.
                        Can we all agree though, that it's time for a change at least?

Comment

Shanahan is not the answer, especially not at this part of the season. Add to that the offense looked good in the second half this week, once the QB started playing like he owns the job. That's the missing link in this offense, not Shanahan and certainly not Alex Gibbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                            Can we all agree though, that it's time for a change at least?
                            Not at this point in the season. You have to go with what you have, maybe change some priorities, but this is what they have, that's it.

In the offseason they should be all in on Dave Magazu.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                              Not at this point in the season. You have to go with what you have, maybe change some priorities, but this is what they have, that's it.

In the offseason they should be all in on Dave Magazu.
                              I didn't mean right this instant on the OLine thing, but yeah. Definitely in the offseason.

Comment

Working...
                              X