Paxton Lynch is going to start on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paxton Lynch is going to start on Sunday

So it's looking more and more like Paxton Lynch is going to start Sunday anyone who heard Adam shifters radio interview this morning and most likely cannot help but to think that Paxton Lynch is going to start Sunday.

Shifter stated that the Broncos offense is putting in extra time with Paxton Lynch? If they're putting in extra time that means are getting ready for him to play but yet he's not ready. And from the way he was describing the situation with Trevor Siemian would lead one to believe that Siemian actually is not day today but most likely week to week.

So with that said do the Broncos continue to run the style of offense that they are running or do they install something more suitable for Paxton lynch development? Let's say something like the Memphis offense but he ran in Memphis?

I know it sounds crazy to you guys and Ludicrous to others but let's not forget just if you years ago the Broncos installed a high school offense to cater to keep them in team Tebo actually won a playoff game in that office that was designed for him.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...offense/10916/

Paxton lynch in my Opinion is going to start on Sunday and I say this often says simple and easy for him as possible even if that means install the Memphis softens and have everybody else adjust to his offense. It sounds crazy but perhaps that is the only way we will have a chance.

I heard this morning it's not that bad and considered day to day. Of course they might be minimizing but both Trevor and Kubes said the same thing. Trevor also said if he plays he won't have limitations.

After how he played last week, this sucks.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

First of all, if Lynch actually starts it will be interesting to see how he is progressed since his ATL start.

Secondly, I would assume Kubiak does the exact same thing he has all season. The same uninspired play calling and refusal to put struggling players in position to win. Curious which Jag pass rusher will have a career day. Losing Janovich will just add to the excuses of why the protection is so bad.

Hopefully I am wrong and Kubiak is able to tap into that "QB Whisperer" reputation he has and get the most out of a rookie and a struggling o-line. Who knows if maybe Kubiak makes use of Lynch's mobility by moving the pocket occasionally. Maybe the rushing game finds some life to help a rookie with some PAP opportunities.

We shall see on Sunday. Still think the Broncos win with either QB.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
        First of all, if Lynch actually starts it will be interesting to see how he is progressed since his ATL start.

Secondly, I would assume Kubiak does the exact same thing he has all season. The same uninspired play calling and refusal to put struggling players in position to win. Curious which Jag pass rusher will have a career day. Losing Janovich will just add to the excuses of why the protection is so bad.

Hopefully I am wrong and Kubiak is able to tap into that "QB Whisperer" reputation he has and get the most out of a rookie and a struggling o-line. Who knows if maybe Kubiak makes use of Lynch's mobility by moving the pocket occasionally. Maybe the rushing game finds some life to help a rookie with some PAP opportunities.

I agree that the play calling has been really bad this year but isn't it Dennison who calls the plays?

Also, I really hope Paxton has progressed since the Atlanta game because if he has made even small strides, I would be worried about our chances on Sunday.
        Last edited by JW7; 12-01-2016, 07:34 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Big game! KC and Oakland are in tough this weekend. Atlanta at home will be difficult for KC, and something about Buffalo can be a worry for anyone. If things go our way, we are 100% in the division race.

Comment

This might be best for the team to regroup after the KC loss. A rookie QB will force the defense to play at 100% against a struggling team. It gives our team a chance to become a new team heading into the home stretch.

Year after year Seattle's defense hits its stride in the final five-six games. That is what we need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
              I agree that the play calling has been really bad this year but isn't it Dennison who calls the plays?

Also, I really hope Paxton has progressed since the Atlanta game because if he has made even small strides, I would be worried about our chances on Sunday.
              Apparently it is the genius Dennison who designs the scripted first 15 plays of the game. Aren't they inspiring? :
              In all honesty, I really have no idea what Dennison brings to the table. Seems like a puppet to me.

I'm with FR Tim, the playcalling has been abysmal, no creativity, uninspired and predicable. My biggest complaint is the stubbornness to adapt sooner rather than later. Why in the world did he not pull Sambrailo sooner?

If Paxton plays, I hope he's improved from the ATL game. I think he will be. Our season is running out. This is a must win, as the rest are.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                This might be best for the team to regroup after the KC loss. A rookie QB will force the defense to play at 100% against a struggling team. It gives our team a chance to become a new team heading into the home stretch.

Year after year Seattle's defense hits its stride in the final five-six games. That is what we need to do.
                Defense is not my worry. They have played well all season for the majority of the time. A stretch run into and in the playoffs is well within the possibilities IMO.

The offense is another matter. Again "IF" Lynch starts it does give the Broncos an opportunity to shake things up. A rallying point and perhaps creates some changes in the play calling and offense to either protect the inexperienced Lynch or utilize his skillset in a different way. It will be interesting to see how this plays out for the game.

The commentary of Lynch not being ready is based on a game almost two months ago. That is a lot of practice and study time for Lynch. Has he progressed? Did he learn anything in his playing time? Will he be better prepared if he starts Sunday?

Although I have conceded that a QB change at this point of the season is not the best idea. I am excited to see how Lynch plays if he is forced to play because of Siemian's injury.

Just getting the win is the main priority though. However and with whoever it is accomplished .

Comment

I don't expect much progress. He really will only get better with consistent live game play.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                    I don't expect much progress. He really will only get better with consistent live game play.
                    This is true but with no offensive line protection, this could ruin a young quarterback and that's any quarterback.

Comment

Okung will have his hands full with Ngoque. Dude can play. As far as rookies, leads the league in sacks. The Jags have a top 10 defense despite their horrible offense. They have ever a top 3 run D IIRC. Their scoring D is 27th though. One matchup to keep an eye on is DT versus Ramsey. Dude has shut down some good WRs. Amukamara is the one who can be beat like a drum. Sanders should have fun against him. Booker needs to step his game up big time against that run D.

On defense we should win easy as long as Bortles keeps playing like he has all year. If he has some kind of resurrection to last year's play we could be in trouble. But I really like our pass rush against their OL. We can force Bortles into some mistakes. We just have to focus on stopping Ivory of we want to be successful. The match up I want to see is Talib on Robinson. Should be a fun one to watch.
                      Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

If I'm Kubes, I would start Pax so Trevor can get healthier for the final stretch.
                        The Jags aren't that good on O, but they're D does have a strong pass rush, but Pax is very mobile and can throw well on the run.
                        Plus more than likely our D will take over this game as Bortles is
                        Not a very good QB and interceptions will be there for the taking.
                        I think we got this game regardless who starts this week, so I would start Pax this week for sure, as I said, just to let Trevor heal for this final stretch.

Comment

Hopefully he plays better than he did against Atlanta, he was like Chris Simms bad most of that game.

But, it was his first start and the o-line had their usual terrible performance.

Comment

Well this doesn't sound too good. But Cole doesn't list his sources.

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report...Lynch-49453401

Paxton Lynch seems likely to make his second NFL start Sunday against the Jaguars, which reportedly is non-ideal for the Denver Broncos.

According to Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole, the Broncos are "holding out hope" that Trevor Siemian instead will be under center. Siemian's battling a left foot sprain that's kept him out of practice for the last two days, and he appears iffy for Week 13.

Offering no basis for his claims, Cole states that Denver has "major concerns" about the inexperienced Lynch. Lynch completed 23-of-35 passes for 223 yards and a touchdown in the team's Week 5 loss to the Falcons. He didn't set the world on fire, but did hang in there and deliver some nice throws. He was also under constant duress, sacked six times.

"The Broncos are concerned that backup Paxton Lynch may not be ready to play," Cole said. "Lynch showed a tendency to lose focus downfield when the pocket collapsed around him in his spot start against Atlanta earlier in the season."

For what it's worth, the first-round draft pick said he's "way more comfortable" now than in early October. Cole believes, if he's indeed the guy, they'll tailor the offense to suit his strengths and minimize his weaknesses.

"If Lynch is forced to start, expect Denver to try and get the ball out of his hands early, so he doesn't get flustered," Cole said.

Comment

I don't have more expectations for this season. 3rd place in the division with 5 games left... Teams in this situation usually are out of the playoffs. I want to see Paxton Lynch play to have an idea of his progress. Siemian played well against the Chiefs, but I really want to know what the 1st-round pick can do at this point..
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X