Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos vs. Pats just got a little more interesting with Gronk injury.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos vs. Pats just got a little more interesting with Gronk injury.

He's supposedly out 8 weeks.The AFC is going to be wide open, now. Man, I hope Kubes can somehow extract blood from a stone with out terrible O-line.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/re...t-eight-weeks/

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
    He's supposedly out 8 weeks.The AFC is going to be wide open, now. Man, I hope Kubes can somehow extract blood from a stone with out terrible O-line.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/re...t-eight-weeks/
    Me too. I'm worried a bit with Trevor out. At least we should win at Jags but I'm hoping we can take advantage unlike those teams who couldn't beat NE while Brady was out.

Man, I'm feeling bummed these days.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

NE has won without Gronk before
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

The Patriots defense is coming into its own. Brady is playing his best ball. They have a stable of receivers and ends. We will have our hands full.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          Me too. I'm worried a bit with Trevor out. At least we should win at Jags but I'm hoping we can take advantage unlike those teams who couldn't beat NE while Brady was out.

Man, I'm feeling bummed these days.
          Don't be worried, Dennison said that if Lynch plays they will cater to his strengths.

You know what that means, more shot gun and less Kubiak under center Offense.

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
            NE has won without Gronk before
            They just have not won a SB without Gronk at full health. Gronk and Edelman being at full health was the key to winning vs Seahawks with each catching a TD and exploiting mismatches. They always have receiving RBs, but Bennett is not the same TE that Gronk is.

As far as the Broncos game goes, you guys won't be able to run on the Pats, so your passing game needs to be sharp and your defense against pass catching RBs needs to be sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
              The Patriots defense is coming into its own. Brady is playing his best ball. They have a stable of receivers and ends. We will have our hands full.
              Don't mean to argue, but no they're not. Their defense is not playing well at all. And even if they've won the last few games, they struggled against the 9ers and Jets.

I live in Boston and the Boston sports media has been concerned about the defense for weeks and the offense lately has not been as strong as it was. Not saying they won't win but they are not the juggernaut they were in the beginning.

Just heard Tedi Brueschi say the same thing today on NFL Live.

Comment

I like to think of this as Karma presenting itself. I think his career is shorter now especially with this injury. Should make fit an interesting December in the American Football Conference.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                  I like to think of this as Karma presenting itself. I think his career is shorter now especially with this injury. Should make fit an interesting December in the American Football Conference.
                  True and I think we need to focus our sights on MIA. We want them to lose too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                    Don't be worried, Dennison said that if Lynch plays they will cater to his strengths.

You know what that means, more shot gun and less Kubiak under center Offense.
                    I'll believe it when I see it
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

I don't care who's out. It could even be Brady. If our special teams doesnt play better and the amount of penalties we take aren't limited by a large amount we have no shot

Comment

We are definitely gonna get the 1st or 2 and seed. We will railroad Tennesse, Jags, Pats ( They don't win in our house). We will win one against either KC or Raiders. We're in excellent shape with this schedule folks.

Comment

Man, just when I got over the KC loss.... this surfaces. Now that loss stings again.... the 1 seed was well within our grasp again.

Still.... now odds of us finishing 4-1 has improved.... heck, I bet if we win out and finish 12-4.... DEN would be the 1 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                            Man, just when I got over the KC loss.... this surfaces. Now that loss stings again.... the 1 seed was well within our grasp again.

Still.... now odds of us finishing 4-1 has improved.... heck, I bet if we win out and finish 12-4.... DEN would be the 1 seed.
                            This loss took the air out of me. I'm trying to feel optimistic but it's really hard. We have to come out firing in these last 5 games, hope MIA KC, NE and OAK loses too. Lot's to focus on. I liked it so much better when the playoffs were a given.

Comment

Patriots without Gronk are nothing special. They haven't been as good as their record indicates, anyways, considering they have had the 4th easiest schedule in the NFL. All their mediocre receivers take a huge hit without Gronk being on the field to get the opposing team's full attention. They will be better prepared than in previous years since they have Bennett, but still, he's nowhere near Gronk as a player.

They have a below average defense(according to the credible advanced metrics) and their offense will be just "good" without Gronk, rather than great.

The AFC is the most wide open it has been in a long time. Unfortunately, the Broncos may miss the playoffs by 0.5 games, because Kubiak decided to take his 5% chance to play the lottery with a minute left in OT.

Comment

Working...
                              X