Losing the Edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing the Edge

Is it only me that says your path to victory is by stomping your opponent. When you have them down you don't let them up. Prevent defense is for when your winning by more points than 8 with less than 2 minutes remaining and your opponent is out of timeouts. Pressure and penetration first, containment and sure tackling second. Kick 'em when they're up and kick 'em when they're down. Don't play deep zone and blitz your SS, or FS for that matter. Blitz LBs, go FS deep, Corners man to man, SS Roaming the middle striking blows when you're holding on to the lead and your opponent is holding good cards.

The Chiefs played well and the Broncos played crappy, especially down the stretch backing off like a child in front of a lion. So disconcerting to be complacent w/ one SB, though the personnel has changed considerably and the NFL is on a new agenda. It's unbelievable the things I've seen. Like Bradford getting hit in the face this past night, and the smirk the Head ref gave him when he complained. The Raiders are darlings again and the NFL doesn't want some drab Broncos, Chargers, Ravens, Cardinals, Bengals, Vikings, Lions, Colts, etc. They want Hollywood and glamour, and now that the Cowboys and Raiders are on a roll with all the fanfare (in Mexico too), the Patriots still the Patriots, the Steelers renowned, and Sea the NFL is gonna usher them in regardless of how the calls should be made. Sorry for the rant but although the Chiefs are drab they for some reason get accolades up and down but it appears the glamour is taking the front and good old fashioned beat 'em down football is history.

I hope the Broncos continue to beat 'em down with their uninteresting way to play, but that may prove to be futile unless they dig deep down in their football souls, get their heads together, Maintain The Edge, and destroy the Jaguars - as hopeless as they are, yet hopeful. God Bless the Child Who's Got His Own.

I didn't understand giving a QB who struggles to throw down field all the underneath stuff, either. Alex Smith loves short throws, and on the final drive that's exactly what they gave him.

Comment

This loss could be the best thing that could happen. It highlighted areas of needed work. It could also be the fire that needed to be light under there tails. They need to use this loss as motivation for the long and hard finish. Assuming we go in as a wildcard, there are 9 games left if we can finish.(5 regular and 3+1 postseason) This was a hard loss for the team and maybe it can wake something up.
      sigpic

Comment

Von and CHJ...

"We did everything we possibly could to lose the game," Von Miller said. "And guess what? We lost."

"We went braindead," cornerback Chris Harris Jr. said.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
          This loss could be the best thing that could happen. It highlighted areas of needed work. It could also be the fire that needed to be light under there tails. They need to use this loss as motivation for the long and hard finish. Assuming we go in as a wildcard, there are 9 games left if we can finish.(5 regular and 3+1 postseason) This was a hard loss for the team and maybe it can wake something up.
          But what have they done since Sunday to show they have a different mentality?!? Nothing. No reports of a players only meeting. No accountability. No captain said "that loss was on me for X reason, and I told my teammates I can't do that anymore." This wasn't a normal loss, yet they are treating it as such. They don't seem like a team that realizes how close they are to the edge. We may not have another chance to have a meaningful players only meeting.

Comment

It would appear they are satisfied with the Super bowl win from last season

Comment

Maybe Wade's getting soft
              I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                It would appear they are satisfied with the Super bowl win from last season
                Indeed it has appeared that way,, I guess Von is tired from his mini tour ..lol At least they won and it will be a more memorable SB then others that have already been and will come.. SB 50 only happens once..

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                  But what have they done since Sunday to show they have a different mentality?!? Nothing. No reports of a players only meeting. No accountability. No captain said "that loss was on me for X reason, and I told my teammates I can't do that anymore." This wasn't a normal loss, yet they are treating it as such. They don't seem like a team that realizes how close they are to the edge. We may not have another chance to have a meaningful players only meeting.
                  Curious question? What does a players only meeting do ? I mean the coaches are the ones that call the plays so how does that benefit a win?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                    Curious question? What does a players only meeting do ? I mean the coaches are the ones that call the plays so how does that benefit a win?
                    For the first time ever (most likely) I will actually agree with you here. The Broncos lost for a few reasons, but ultimately they lost because the defense went into prevent defense late, and played not to lose rather than to win. I'm sure that's not the coach you want to blame, but it's the truth.

A players only meeting for what? To discuss giving up 6 yard completions when they're lined up 10 yards off?

Comment

Last year the Chiefs scored 29 and 24 points against us. It took a miraculous fumble to beat them the first game, then we were killed the second game.

The Chiefs have learned how to put up against this defense, that should be obvious after the last 3 games.

Comment

Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
                        Maybe Wade's getting soft
                        Maybe Lady Gaga is still in his head from SB50?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                          Last year the Chiefs scored 29 and 24 points against us. It took a miraculous fumble to beat them the first game, then we were killed the second game.

The Chiefs have learned how to put up against this defense, that should be obvious after the last 3 games.
                          9 of 30 points weren't due to the defense, but directly related to the offensive line woes. And 14 points came when the Broncos went to prevent defense, for whatever reason. So really the Chefs put up 7 points against the Broncos D when they were playing how they normally play. 7 points in 59 minutes, I'm not sure that's putting up points on this defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                            9 of 30 points weren't due to the defense, but directly related to the offensive line woes. And 14 points came when the Broncos went to prevent defense, for whatever reason. So really the Chefs put up 7 points against the Broncos D when they were playing how they normally play. 7 points in 59 minutes, I'm not sure that's putting up points on this defense.
                            Ok, they know how to put up points on the Broncos........

Still doesn't change the fact they've averaged 28 points in 3 games, a number nowhere close to any other team.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                              Ok, they know how to put up points on the Broncos........

Still doesn't change the fact they've averaged 28 points in 3 games, a number nowhere close to any other team.
                              I agree. I just meant to point out that the Broncos defense had played fairly well and limited what the Chefs had done all game, until they somehow decided to go to prevent. UGH!

Comment

Working...
                              X