• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Broncos-R-Great
    Hall of Famer
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I agree. I just meant to point out that the Broncos defense had played fairly well and limited what the Chefs had done all game, until they somehow decided to go to prevent. UGH!
    Yep, pretty frustrating.

I think they held them only 50 yards of offense in the first half, yet we were still down.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
      Banned User
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
      It would appear they are satisfied with the Super bowl win from last season
      Wolfe played with his elbow not healed in a brace, Talib came back after back spasms, Marshall played in NO with a hamstring injury. Sure they are satisfied.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
        Super Moderator
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
        Yep, pretty frustrating.

I think they held them only 50 yards of offense in the first half, yet we were still down.
        They were below 200 yards until their final drive in the 4th quarter, and I think after that they were at 205 yards going into OT. How can a team give up only 205 yards in 60 minutes and still be going to OT?!

Comment

• Fantaztic7
          Banned User
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
          Indeed it has appeared that way,, I guess Von is tired from his mini tour ..lol At least they won and it will be a more memorable SB then others that have already been and will come.. SB 50 only happens once..
          With Von leading the league in sacks, imagine how he could play if not for being so tired?

Comment

• DenverBlood
            Football Immortal
            • Nov 2005

Indeed it has appeared that way,, I guess Von is tired from his mini tour ..lol At least they won and it will be a more memorable SB then others that have already been and will come.. SB 50 only happens once..
            Von leads the league in sacks. And had 3 Sunday night. You need to take that absurd hate elsewhere.
            sigpic

Comment

• GiddyupGetEm
              Special Teams
              • Oct 2015

Curious question? What does a players only meeting do ? I mean the coaches are the ones that call the plays so how does that benefit a win?
              It was wrong to go Prevent, but CHJ dropped the game winning INT. Von and Ware gave them free plays. Ward took an illegal contact penalty. That is on the players.

A players only meeting does whatever the leaders of the team need it to do.
              But having it shows leaders see that they are going in the wrong direction and running out of time.

Not having one means either they don't think they are in trouble (which they are), they aren't playing poorly (which they are), the losses were normal, and they can correct it all on their own. But none of these are true.

Comment

• broncolassiter
                Special Teams
                • Aug 2009

The Defense needs to readjust there late game approach, mentally as well as the penalties are the biggest killers.. The rest of the time there playing lights out. Special teams was mental mistakes as well, as with much of the offenses issues. Eliminate some of those eras, and the defense would not need any late game heroics!
                sigpic

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                  Captain
                  • Oct 2015

Penalties are what really finally offed the entire team that was already rife with issues. If Special teams doesn't commit the illegal formation, we win by 4. If offense didn't have so many false starts maybe Trevor does more. It goes on and on, and every game is playing the same tune of 'gotta stop with little mistakes.'

Maybe a team meeting fixes these, maybe not. This was a team failure as a whole.
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Taos_Broncomaniac
                    Football Immortal
                    • Oct 2008

We've been playing "On the Edge" for some time now. We haven't really beat anyone since the Green Bay game and honestly they just laid down like they do lately.

The glaring O-line deficiency will have to be addressed before anything changes. Last year's exodus along with the contract demands of late have put us in a position where we'll have to draft wisely (possibly early ) and hope for a FA windfall next year. A punt returner and a real O-line is on the Christmas list for my Broncs.

I have a feeling we play inspired tomorrow...
                    [sigpic

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                      Captain
                      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                      We've been playing "On the Edge" for some time now. We haven't really beat anyone since the Green Bay game and honestly they just laid down like they do lately.

The glaring O-line deficiency will have to be addressed before anything changes. Last year's exodus along with the contract demands of late have put us in a position where we'll have to draft wisely (possibly early ) and hope for a FA windfall next year. A punt returner and a real O-line is on the Christmas list for my Broncs.

I have a feeling we play inspired tomorrow...
                      If we don't play well or even lose to JAX, then I think it is safe to say the season has ended and it is time to think about the draft.
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                        Super Moderator
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                        It was wrong to go Prevent, but CHJ dropped the game winning INT. Von and Ware gave them free plays. Ward took an illegal contact penalty. That is on the players.

A players only meeting does whatever the leaders of the team need it to do.
                        But having it shows leaders see that they are going in the wrong direction and running out of time.

Not having one means either they don't think they are in trouble (which they are), they aren't playing poorly (which they are), the losses were normal, and they can correct it all on their own. But none of these are true.
                        The problem with your scenario is that it was the leaders, or thought of leaders, of the team who were screwing up. So now you want them to have a meeting where they point out what everyone else wasn't doing right?

Some times a loss is a loss, that's the case here. Would you be calling for a players only meeting if the KC receiver was ruled down at the 1 or McManus makes the kick?

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                          Super Moderator
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                          If we don't play well or even lose to JAX, then I think it is safe to say the season has ended and it is time to think about the draft.

I completely disagree, they play 16 games for a reason. If Denver loses this week but then wins their remaining 4, they end up 11-5, which would put them in the playoffs most likely. Until you're officially eliminated play to win a Super Bowl, when you're eliminated then start looking to the future.

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                            Captain
                            • Oct 2015

I completely disagree, they play 16 games for a reason. If Denver loses this week but then wins their remaining 4, they end up 11-5, which would put them in the playoffs most likely. Until you're officially eliminated play to win a Super Bowl, when you're eliminated then start looking to the future.
                            If Denver can't beat Jacksonville, the weakest team on the schedule left, what makes you think they can beat NE, KC away, and the Raiders? Of course I don't think that they will lose to the Jaguars but if they do that has to be a telling sign of where this season is headed.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                              Super Moderator
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                              If Denver can't beat Jacksonville, the weakest team on the schedule left, what makes you think they can beat NE, KC away, and the Raiders? Of course I don't think that they will lose to the Jaguars but if they do that has to be a telling sign of where this season is headed.
                              It's not as easy as saying "this team is better than this team, so they'll win" Denver lost to San Diego. New England lost to Buffalo, last year Denver lost to Oakland. Look at the 2012 Ravens and the turmoil they had in December (replaced their OC late in the year) they made a change on o-line and things came together. Someone is going to lose to Cleveland this year.

The result of one game doesn't foreshadow the results of all other games. It's not a good thing if they lose to Jacksonville, but until they're officially eliminated from he playoffs, it's not the end of things either.

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                                Captain
                                • Oct 2015

It's not as easy as saying "this team is better than this team, so they'll win" Denver lost to San Diego. New England lost to Buffalo, last year Denver lost to Oakland. Look at the 2012 Ravens and the turmoil they had in December (replaced their OC late in the year) they made a change on o-line and things came together. Someone is going to lose to Cleveland this year.

The result of one game doesn't foreshadow the results of all other games. It's not a good thing if they lose to Jacksonville, but until they're officially eliminated from he playoffs, it's not the end of things either.
                                You make a great point. I may have been presumptuous in assuming the season is over following a loss at Jacksonville. The 2012 ravens and 2015 Broncos are a good example of mid season issues that still were overcome. Its not simple but this year it is not as easy as it was last year. Last year the division was not nearly this good nor was there as much reliance on other teams to win or lose, aside from KC. But the idea is that this is the best matchup we have left, and if we can't take advantage of that it seems that by week 14 it may be too hard to adjust to something that works. Miami's schedule is still difficult and that they may lose as many as we do, making it less certain of the outcome.
                                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X