Kalif Raymond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalif Raymond

Some quick research shows that Raymond was a serviceable returner in college.

In his 4 years at Holy Cross he returned 62 punts for 455 yards, 7.3 yards per return and 1 TD. He had 80 kickoff returns for 1809 yards, 22.6 yards per return and 2 touchdowns.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...d-player-stats

What the stats don't show however are what might make him valuable in Denver, speed. Raymond ran his pro day 40 at 4.34s and as a track athlete in college ran the 100m in 10.71 seconds.

Excited to see this change.
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Happy for him and I hope he succeeds. I went to Holy Cross, we're not known for football. Happy to see somebody make their mark.
      sigpic

Comment

As long as he gets the basics right I'm fine with this. That means no muffs (Norwood) or getting tackled at the 15 when he should have taken a knee (Bibbs).

Comment

If he can catch the ball I'll be happy.

My concern is he'll be trying too hard to make a play and prove himself which will cause him to make mistakes.

Comment

I would've preferred to have kept Bralon Addison from Oregon if we were going to have a dedicated return man on the team. He averaged 12.2 yards per return during his college career, with 3 returns for TD. 37 returns in 3 years, for 451 yards.

But, as noted above, I would be happy to have someone who can catch a return.
            Last edited by ChupaThingy; 12-02-2016, 06:35 PM.
            2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by ChupaThingy View Post
              I would've preferred to have kept Bralon Addison from Oregon if we were going to have a dedicated return man on the team. He averaged 12.2 yards per return during his college career, with 3 returns for TD. 37 returns in 3 years, for 451 yards.

You've gotta walk before you can run, at least now they've admitted there's a problem...hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by ChupaThingy View Post

Bralon looked special in college. But, he had no extra look to him during the preseason. Despite no big returns, I believe Raymond showed there was more potential there with him.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                  Bralon looked special in college. But, he had no extra look to him during the preseason. Despite no big returns, I believe Raymond showed there was more potential there with him.
                  I was going to say something very similar to this. There is also some weight behind Raymond's ability to sustain speed not only in short bursts but for a distance as well proven by his track records. As others have said we certainly don't have it with Norwood so we might finally have a coach willing to keep a guy in Raymond who is close to Holliday...min us the fumble issues (please).

The other thing which has gone unmentioned is that he can be a valued asset on offense as well. Raymond was and is a far better route runner then Addison is or was. Part of the reason why this is such a big deal is that usually teams toss their "fast DB" on Sanders. ..now what are you going to do when Sanders and Raymond are both in?

Comment

I didn't see it from Raymond in the preseason. I remember Mose Frazier looking better.

Why are there 8 WR and 2 RB on our team? Is Latimer on the team because he could turn into a comp pick next year?

Comment

Let's hope he does well, but how can he be worse? Not a tough act to follow with 2.8 yards per return.

Comment

He's definitely a threat and should had been on the active roster returning punts since week one.

Talib should go shove Clancy Baronne and Rick Dennison, maybe Kubiak will make a change there to. LOL

Comment

One thing Denver has always been lacking is using a speedster type player.. KC always has a guy like that, as we saw last week and in the past but we have never really had a guy like that.

Holiday if he could have just cured his case of the fumbles could have really opened up the field for us, but we know how that went.

Hopefully Raymond can show out. With our weak offensive line, we need guys that can create havoc 2 seconds into the play, since our O-line can only block guys for like 3 seconds...

Comment

Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
                            One thing Denver has always been lacking is using a speedster type player.. KC always has a guy like that, as we saw last week and in the past but we have never really had a guy like that.

Holiday if he could have just cured his case of the fumbles could have really opened up the field for us, but we know how that went.

Hopefully Raymond can show out. With our weak offensive line, we need guys that can create havoc 2 seconds into the play, since our O-line can only block guys for like 3 seconds...
                            We only get 3 seconds on our very best plays...most of the time in the past few games we have had mid 2s and sub 2 seconds to throw....it is pretty sad.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoNTemecula View Post
                              I didn't see it from Raymond in the preseason. I remember Mose Frazier looking better.

Why are there 8 WR and 2 RB on our team? Is Latimer on the team because he could turn into a comp pick next year?
                              He was most likely brought on the roster for this returning, not receiving. So, Frazier would not have looked better in that aspect.

Comment

Working...
                              X