How do you grade Lynch's second start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I agree with this.... I mean, not one pass attempt s in between the numbers? We avoided the middle of the field like the plague. By design or do we drill it into his head so much not to turn the ball over that he steered clear of the middle?

But.... remember..... the game plan and the game itself dictated this vanilla, conservative approach. We knew if we protected the ball we could beat JAX, then we took a 17-3 lead.
    Basically, it was four-corners after that.

Lynch didn't turn the ball over and he made the right decisions (where to go with the ball). Sure, he badly missed guys open on these deep balls.... but if he hit 1 or 2 of those throws we are praising the rookie for his play.
    Not me. The only thing positive Lynch did was not turn it over. What did we have 208 yards of total offense? He had 104 passing. Putrid.
    sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

• I give him a D+. No ints, which was good, but other than that I'd say he had a very lackluster performance. I know JAX has a good secondary, but he under threw his receivers all day. There were a couple times where DT and ES had their guys beat but they had to stop and wait for the ball which allowed the DB to break it up.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
        I agree with this.... I mean, not one pass attempt s in between the numbers? We avoided the middle of the field like the plague. By design or do we drill it into his head so much not to turn the ball over that he steered clear of the middle?

But.... remember..... the game plan and the game itself dictated this vanilla, conservative approach. We knew if we protected the ball we could beat JAX, then we took a 17-3 lead.
        Basically, it was four-corners after that.

Lynch didn't turn the ball over and he made the right decisions (where to go with the ball). Sure, he badly missed guys open on these deep balls.... but if he hit 1 or 2 of those throws we are praising the rookie for his play.
        Middle of the field is where young QB's make mistakes so limiting those throws is a good idea.

Lynch had a bad day, but it wasn't a buttfumble or sixpack of INT's kind of day. I think Denver has a bright future at QB with Siemian and Lynch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canmore View Post
          Not me. The only thing positive Lynch did was not turn it over. What did we have 208 yards of total offense? He had 104 passing. Putrid.
          The thing is I use the same standard I did with Tebow, Plummer, Os and in reverse with Cutler and Orton. The job of the QB is to make sure the team wins the game, and it does not matter if it is from a fieldgoal or a pick six. Like Elway, Tebow and Plummer I expect that if needed they will put together a drive that wins the game, and it does not have to be pretty. I hated the lack of urgency that we had with Orton where somehow we got so many almost comebacks, and few real ones.

Lynch is 1-1 in his 2nd start - worse than Trevor, same as Tebow and better than Cutler.

I love how Trevor seems to be on top of the mental game, and I don't think that you can currently conclude anything else than Lynch is rough on the surface but we do not know if he is a lump of coal or a diamond in the rough. Time and opportunity will tell, and in Kubes I trust!

Comment

Working...
          X