Post game rants -- Week 13 -- Broncos and Jaguars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PUNCHJEANS View Post
    Not every carry is going to be 5-10 yard gain. They give him a couple touches then done. I personally think he has potential.

No, you misunderstood me. I was answering the question posed in the thread title. They gave him two carries in a situation where the D knew we needed to run the ball. The plays looked pretty vanilla and they weren't blocked particularly well. He did about as well as you could expect him to.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• That does not at all show promise as a RB in the NFL. You need more than that. Just needs to work his potential indeed.
      Ready for October Falls

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
        He IS playing DT in a 43 defense in Jax. Kind of like he did before Wade came here with his defense, Malik played well in Wade's defense. Regardless of what you want to call it - and it being irrelevant to what I wrote - Wade's D does have 3 down lineman and Malik played mostly at what is traditionally called a DE even in Wade's defense.
        Denver's current defense is a 1 gap penetration style defense that has way more in common with a 40 under than it does a traditional 3-4 defense. Ware is basically a standup end, Crick and Williams are the defensive tackles, Wolfe is the other end and Miller is the SLB who's up on the line. People can call it a 30 all they want but it's a modified 40 under. Jackson played the Crick role, which is essentially the 3 technique role, although they will initially line up in a 4 technique, but the gap control and responsibility is the same as a 3 technique in a 40 defense.

When Del Rio was here they played a "40" defense that was actually pretty close to a traditional 3-4 defense, because 3 of the 4 linemen were two gapping. Jackson didn't play as much in this defense, except when they went to pash rushing sets. And almost all pass rushing sets (nickel and dime defenses) int he NFL have 4 linemen, 1-2 backers and then 5-6 defensive backs. The exception being under Dennis Allen the Broncos played some 3-3-5 nickel defenses, not sure if he still does that.

So Jackson is pretty much doing the same thing in Jacksonville as he was in Denver, he's just moved from being head up on the tackle to being on the outside shoulder of the guard.

Now bringing it around to what I meant in response to you, and failed to elaborate on, is that he's doing the same thing that he was in Denver, and he's surrounded by some very talented players in Jacksonville, so I meant he should be having the same level of success. And looking at it, sacks wise he's doing well, but his tackles are down.

Comment

• Couple of things:

We won the game, and I don't hear a lot of other teams' fans complain whether or not they deserved a victory. Were The Jax better? And how many times have we seen Seattle do zip for the first 3 quarters and pull out a win late in games. Heck, we're talking Russell Wilson....not some young gun.

For that matter, Seattle is going to miss Earl Thomas, and their Oline is suspect.

Last thing, you say we will blow it by making the playoffs and winning our first game, only to get kicked in the next one. Ask Cleveland, SF, Chicago and a number of other teams if they would like to be part of that journey......with basically rookie QBs.

Comment

• Love these threads. Thx bates..
            sigpic

Comment

• I love reading this each week, it is the highlight of a....let's say tenuous outing for our team each week.

Keep 'em coming Bates. Let's Go Broncos
              [sigpic

Comment

• This has to be the only fanbase in the NFL that complains about wins

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  Didn't Seattle just lose to Tampa in a game where they only scored 5 points? Seattle's line is as bad, if not worse, than Denver's line. Their run game is worse and with the heart of their defense, and their best defensive player, out for the season. They're not a top 5 team. I think it's Dallas. And then a large gap where about 15 teams are all pretty close to each other.
                  Denver's o-line is bad. No more illegal chop blocking! No we know why Gary Kubiak was so upset over this rule change in the offseason.
                  Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
                    Denver's o-line is bad. No more illegal chop blocking! No we know why Gary Kubiak was so upset over this rule change in the offseason.
                    That must be it, of course Denver did have a bad o-line last year as well, and it didn't stop them from beating New England twice.

And yeah he was really upset..."It definitely changes some of your teachings." Why let facts get in the way?

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/03/22...our-teachings/

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      That must be it, of course Denver did have a bad o-line last year as well, and it didn't stop them from beating New England twice.

And yeah he was really upset..."It definitely changes some of your teachings." Why let facts get in the way?

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/03/22...our-teachings/
                      So I'm a little confused...has this ruling affected Kubiak's system or not?
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• No such thing as a bad win in the NFL. If you have a chance at the playoffs, you win, you take that no matter how it happened. Ask the 2012 Ravens if they care how they won some games late in the season and in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                          So I'm a little confused...has this ruling affected Kubiak's system or not?
                          Not especially. The Broncos o-line and RBs haven't been good enough. Teams are still having lots of success without the chop block, the chop block was more a product of one player trying to cut the backside and the second player just trying to help secure his double team before going to the next level, now you just have to have better communication, if a player is going to cut his backside player than the other player just needs to go straight second level.

Comment

Working...
                          X