Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who already think Lynch is a bust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who already think Lynch is a bust.

First, you have to consider he was probably the least pro ready QB of all the top prospects. He has perhaps the highest ceiling but also the longest learning curve. Let's compare him to other rookie QBs.

Carson Wenz, who looked like a rookie phenom, has come back to Earth in a big way. He and the Eagles were the darlings of the early NFL season and now they will probably miss the playoffs. Our own Trevor Siemian, who is only slightly more experienced than Wentz, has more TD passes and a higher QB rating.

Jared Goff. Yeah, right...

Oh, but that Dak Prescott guy is awesome, you say. Yes, he's awesome behind the best O-line in the league. Not to mention a dynamic offense with the likes of Dez Bryant, Jason Witten and Ezekiel Elliott.

I think I remember the great John Elway himself saying the only way you get better is by playing. It's going to take a fair amount of starts to see what Lynch can or cannot do.
    Last edited by gerontion; 12-05-2016, 12:42 AM.

Cps tomorrow morning. I'm sure the people starting the "bust" and trade talks are the same people that were begging for Siemian to hit the bench in favor of starting Lynch. People on here are extremely fickle and are ridiculously hard to please. Even when we won the super bowl some posters on here kept their pouty attitude. So far, from my years as a spectator and a poster I've leaned that you're "damned if you do, damned if you don't."

Comment

I'm in no way ready to bust him but dude, if you're going long, go long. Don't slack up on it so the safety can recover.

Comment

Look I think a lot of Lynch's problems and all of our QB's tbh are our horrible Offensive Line and this horrible scheme Kubiak runs.

But I need to be honest here.. And I thought that Lynch was option A and Dak was option B in the draft...

Lynch looks horrible throwing the ball, just awkward as I don't know what...His footwork is a mess as well...Again Kubiak is not doing him any favors, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch doesn't pan out at this point..

Very good Quarterbacks have flashes when they play...I think I have seen one play where he "flashed" the rest has been pretty dull...

Comment

It's gonna take one more than 2 games to declare someone a bust.

BUT, he doesn't look any further ahead than he did 9 Oct. 2 months and he might actually even look worse.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I agree that it's to early to call him a "bust", but he has shown to be extremely inaccurate, even on his short to intermediate throws. He missed a wide open Sanders for a 1st down on an out route yesterday. That's an easy throw to make. He missed a lot of easy throws yesterday.
            Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
              First, you have to consider he was probably the least pro ready QB of all the top prospects. He has perhaps the highest ceiling but also the longest learning curve. Let's compare him to other rookie QBs.

Carson Wenz, who looked like a rookie phenom, has come back to Earth in a big way. He and the Eagles were the darlings of the early NFL season and now they will probably miss the playoffs. Our own Trevor Siemian, who is only slightly more experienced than Wentz, has more TD passes and a higher QB rating.

Oh, but that Dak Prescott guy is awesome, you say. Yes, he's awesome behind the best O-line in the league. Not to mention a dynamic offense with the likes of Dez Bryant, Jason Witten and Ezekiel Elliott.

I think I remember the great John Elway himself saying the only way you get better is by playing. It's going to take a fair amount of starts to see what Lynch can or cannot do.
              We're not going to be giving starts to someone so obviously ill-prepared to start in this league. That's only setting him up for injury and us up for failure.

Lynch I think has the tools to be successful, just like Tebow had the tools. The question is whether he can unlearn all those bad habits. If he can, that's going to be years from now, not next season. Tebow never could and he trained and practiced and tried to improve himself from sunrise to sunset every day. Does Lynch have his drive or more? I don't know, but I think that's what it will take for him to ever succeed and that's even a stretch.

So whether he can or he can't or he will or he won't is all going to be up to him and father time. It's not going to happen soon and we're not just going to play him for a few years watching him crap the bed in the hopes he gets good. He's gonna have to do it in the off-season and win the job legitimately; and I don't think he's gonna beat anyone for a starting job for a while. Although I'd love to be wrong, I don't think I am.
              sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
              Sig by: MHS

Comment

Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
                We're not going to be giving starts to someone so obviously ill-prepared to start in this league. That's only setting him up for injury and us up for failure.

Lynch I think has the tools to be successful, just like Tebow had the tools. The question is whether he can unlearn all those bad habits. If he can, that's going to be years from now, not next season. Tebow never could and he trained and practiced and tried to improve himself from sunrise to sunset every day. Does Lynch have his drive or more? I don't know, but I think that's what it will take for him to ever succeed and that's even a stretch.

So whether he can or he can't or he will or he won't is all going to be up to him and father time. It's not going to happen soon and we're not just going to play him for a few years watching him crap the bed in the hopes he gets good. He's gonna have to do it in the off-season and win the job legitimately; and I don't think he's gonna beat anyone for a starting job for a while. Although I'd love to be wrong, I don't think I am.
                Please, let's not get ridiculous and compare Lynch to Tebow. First, do you really think John Elway would draft someone that even remotely reminded him of Tebow, the guy he couldn't wait to get rid of?

Second, Tebow clearly did not have the tools to be an NFL QB. He was probably the worst passer in league history. His completion percentage in 2011 was 46.5. Paxton's completion percentage, albeit in only three games, is 59. That's only slightly below Siemian and only a few points behind guys like Rivers and Palmer.

Comment

I would add Cole Beasley as a key to supporting Dak's early success.

As far as Lynch we tend to lose sight of the 12 passes he made for receptions yesterday and no turnovers. This was his his second start on the road against a very good defense.

He has work to do in all the areas already mentioned. If those areas weren't a concern there is a chance he would already be starting over Trevor.

As Lynch should develop so will Siemian, so he'll need to develop and earn the job.

It is early we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Please, let's not get ridiculous and compare Lynch to Tebow. First, do you really think John Elway would draft someone that even remotely reminded him of Tebow, the guy he couldn't wait to get rid of?

Second, Tebow clearly did not have the tools to be an NFL QB. He was probably the worst passer in league history. His completion percentage in 2011 was 46.5. Paxton's completion percentage, albeit in only three games, is 59. That's only slightly below Siemian and only a few points behind guys like Rivers and Palmer.
                    While I agree that Tebow did not do well as a passer, he still won more games than he lost and won us a playoff game. I also stand by my comment that Tebow had the tools to succeed, he just couldn't unlearn bad habits that held back his game.

You can have all the sheer athletic ability in the world, but if you can't learn the basic mechanics and attributes of a franchise QB, then you'll never be one. Tebow couldn't learn them and neither may Lynch. Only time and Lynchs ability to adapt to a new system will tell, because there's for sure no way in hell we're going to completely change the entire offense and build around a guy whose not even showing that he can do the basics yet.
                    sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                    Sig by: MHS

Comment

Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
                      While I agree that Tebow did not do well as a passer, he still won more games than he lost and won us a playoff game. I also stand by my comment that Tebow had the tools to succeed, he just couldn't unlearn bad habits that held back his game.

You can have all the sheer athletic ability in the world, but if you can't learn the basic mechanics and attributes of a franchise QB, then you'll never be one. Tebow couldn't learn them and neither may Lynch. Only time and Lynchs ability to adapt to a new system will tell, because there's for sure no way in hell we're going to completely change the entire offense and build around a guy whose not even showing that he can do the basics yet.
                      The 2011 season was a mirage. Even if Manning hadn't signed I'm sure Elway would have done everything in his power to replace Tebow. Look, Tim was big, strong, and a very good athlete. He also had all the intangibles you could want. But, he couldn't do the one fundamental thing QBs are expected to do, throw the ball. If Lynch were anywhere near as bad a passer as Tebow he would have been a late round pick at best.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

BUT, he doesn't look any further ahead than he did 9 Oct. 2 months and he might actually even look worse.
                        Greetings from Jacksonville, went to the game yesterday and sat a few rows from the field, it was awesome! It was Bronco South yesterday!

In Elway I Trust, but I just don't see it with Paxton, but Elway knows more than we do. Keep the faith. I do agree with your assessment though, I was looking for progress and was disappointed. Some throws would have gotten picked by a better team IMO.

I think Romo is a choker, but I like the idea of brining him in next year with this D. We would have a strong favorite immediately to go to the SB. Just improve the O-line.
                        Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

Poor play calling in a 30 year old Offensive style where the rules were adjusted to work against it not to mention a poor offensive coordinator and o line coach.

Lynch is a lot better than he showed yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

Yea Cory. And I think what frustrates me is that Kubiak is suppose to be the 'QB Whisperer' and I would think some significant progress would have been made by now. That lob to Sanders in triple coverage that was under thrown (I think in the early 4th) was stupidity.

I think the offense had 104 yards passing and something like 13 3-and-outs. The entire offense is dysfunctional.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                              Yea Cory. And I think what frustrates me is that Kubiak is suppose to be the 'QB Whisperer' and I would think some significant progress would have been made by now. That lob to Sanders in triple coverage that was under thrown (I think in the early 4th) was stupidity.

I think the offense had 104 yards passing and something like 13 3-and-outs. The entire offense is dysfunctional.
                              Offense has been dysfunctional for the better part of two years. Broncos have gone through multiple QBs, RBs, Olineman and TEs. And the resllt is the same. Bad offense getting carried by exceptional defense.

Funny how perceptions are so different. Manning goes 13/23 /140 yds/ 1 int in the SB and he is a hero. With sacks 104 yards passing for comparison. But Lynch is a a "bust". with similar stats and being carried by defensive TDs.

The truly good to excellent offensive performances have been few and far between. Yet those are the ones that everyone remembers. So far this season a couple of really solid rushing games and a couple stellar passing games. The rest have been poor at best for the most part.

Many seem to be focusing on Lynch's missed long throws but seem to forget that other then a couple games Siemian has missed countless deep passes too, when he even attempts them. . Siemian has had the poor reads, throws and league "leading 3 and outs" too. Including quite a few "almost ints" that some seem to forget.

Lynch has work to do to get better. More then I would prefer at this point of the season. But in the end shouldn't we be judging him the same way we have every QB performance over the past two years. By the Broncos win. Despite all the negatives he still did just enough to get a Broncos win. Still think he can and will develop.

Young man does not deserve all the criticism and being labeled a bust.

Comment

Working...
                              X