Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who already think Lynch is a bust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    That's simply not true. He needs to increase the number of accurate passes. He's completed 59% of his passes and that's with two starts and coming off the bench for half a game.
    Yeah but what are his yards per attempt, less than 5? Dinking and dunking 1 for 13 on third down, you are not going to be fortunate enough to face Blake Bortles who will just give the game away every week.

Comment

Originally posted by sendacash View Post
      Yeah but what are his yards per attempt, less than 5? Dinking and dunking 1 for 13 on third down, you are not going to be fortunate enough to face Blake Bortles who will just give the game away every week.
      Brady is king of dink and dunk and it's faired well for him.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        In order for Paxton Lynch to have been drafted in the fourth round of the 2016 draft, he would have to be available in the fourth round, and that clearly wasn't going to happen. Can you document any pre-draft ranking that gave Paxton Lynch a draft grade of fourth round or lower? If not, I want what you put on your breakfast cereal.

BTW, Russell Wilson was drafted number 75 in the third round of the 2012 draft, and Tom Brady was drafted number 199 in the sixth round of the 2000 draft. Facts are your friends.
        Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
        Dude, there are so many errors in this post. But, the only one I care to comment on is Paxton. I feel comfortable enough to literally guarantee you that he would not have fallen anywhere past the 2nd round. Probably not the first round either considering the cowboys tried trading up to get him as well. Just because you don't like him as a QB doesn't change the fact that he was going to be drafted high no matter what the broncos did.
        I think the better question is why would I post them 1 round lower than they actually were drafted? (Hyperbole?)
        it's easier to "discredit" someone if you want to point to an inconsistency that is not about the actual topic. So when all the experts give QB X a top grade, and they don't pan out, does that make them less an expert when you can point to "facts" that show the opposite?
        Look, ksu, you assume I don't like Pax; well, you're wrong. I don't like him as a QB that got drafted in the first round. That is all. Maybe I'm premature to call him a "bust in my book" because of where he got drafted and where the bar is set for rookies to perform.
        But again, the same measure needs to be used in arguments like the classic "Tim Tebow debate" - bad footwork, mechanics, etc... But winning record + playoff win. I'm no major Tebow fan as QB (I supported him as a Bronco and I'll support Pax); so should we apply the same standard to past arguments like that?
        Sam - you won't find ANY draft material that puts him lower than 2nd - then again, the same can be said for Blake Bortles. Remember all the comparisons to Big Ben + the arm? I just happen to disagree with most of the experts on things like this. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd always share my cereal with a fellow Broncos fan and brother in arms!

Comment

Lynch simply does not have the throwing accuracy to be an NFL QB at this point. It is not a matter of knowing the offense or not, he simply cannot accurately make the throws required to be a QB in the National Football League. You can see it quite easily, he cannot throw a receiver open or hit any sort of timing route. He can't do it and the Broncos know it.
          Now you are changing the subject. You said he cannot hit any sort of timing route. Now you change to yards per attempt.

Suggest you go back and look at every pass attempt/completion in the Tampa, Atlanta and Jacksonville games.

Nobody is saying he doesn't have a lot to improve. Time and more games will tell.

Comment

Working...
          X