Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this mean we're rooting for the raiders Thursday???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does this mean we're rooting for the raiders Thursday???

    Which loss is more favorable for Denver this Thursday?

    An oakland loss puts Denver fewer games behind for the 1 seed but...
    A kc win gives them a superior division record that Denver can't match....
    A tie would be cool wouldn't it? (LOL).

    Someone here I'm sure has superior playoff analysis skills than I do so chime in. From my perspective, I get the feeling an oakland win is more favorable despite it potentially keeping them 2 games ahead

  • #2
    Originally posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
    Which loss is more favorable for Denver this Thursday?

    An oakland loss puts Denver fewer games behind for the 1 seed but...
    A kc win gives them a superior division record that Denver can't match....
    A tie would be cool wouldn't it? (LOL).

    Someone here I'm sure has superior playoff analysis skills than I do so chime in. From my perspective, I get the feeling an oakland win is more favorable despite it potentially keeping them 2 games ahead
    I've been trying to figure this out myself. But I think a Raider's win helps us more. I do not think we are going to win the division so we want to win the wildcard as the 5th seed I think which would give us HOU in the wildcard round instead of BAL. If we beat HOU, then we would play OAK in the divisional round instead of NE.

    But these are just what I was trying to figure out when I looked at the playoff standings as they are now on NFL.com. I'm sure others might know this stuff better than I.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

    Comment


    • #3
      Never.

      I'm not about to give up on winning the division, it's still doable so tell me why that shouldn't be Broncos' goal heading into week 14? Home-field advantage, especially at Mile High is a factor that cannot be underestimated. No way in hell I'll be cheering for the Raiders to win any game.

      As for the game in Nashville. We need to look past the record and acknowledge we're playing one heck of a football team this week. Tell me who's playing better than Mariota right now? If we can win down there, we can win any game. It's not the season but man this game is important and could end up being the catalyst this team has been looking for. I'm actually more worried about this week's game than the one against the Patriots.
      Adopted Poster
      AZ Snake Fan

      Comment


      • #4
        Nope. I am cheering for a Chiefs win. That will put both teams only 1 game up on us. And we play both of them 1 more time. And Oakland has a rough schedule and can lose another. Chiefs can always lose again because, like us, their offense isn't that great.
        Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

        Comment


        • #5
          Well...

          Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
          Never.

          I'm not about to give up on winning the division, it's still doable so tell me why that shouldn't be Broncos' goal heading into week 14? Home-field advantage, especially at Mile High is a factor that cannot be underestimated. No way in hell I'll be cheering for the Raiders to win any game.

          As for the game in Nashville. We need to look past the record and acknowledge we're playing one heck of a football team this week. Tell me who's playing better than Mariota right now? If we can win down there, we can win any game. It's not the season but man this game is important and could end up being the catalyst this team has been looking for. I'm actually more worried about this week's game than the one against the Patriots.
          Of course it's a goal to win the division, and win every single game. This thread does not question that mindset. The question has to do with which team's loss is more favorable to Denver.

          Denver could win out and still not win the division. Thursday's game creates a very interesting situation which begets the original question. You'd prefer kc win? Explain. Not saying you're wrong but interested in the perspective.

          Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
          Nope. I am cheering for a Chiefs win. That will put both teams only 1 game up on us. And we play both of them 1 more time. And Oakland has a rough schedule and can lose another. Chiefs can always lose again because, like us, their offense isn't that great.
          If that happens, KC will have 4 division wins and Denver would be REQUIRED to have a better overall record than them to get the division (virtually win out). On the flip side a raider loss gives Denver a better chance to match or beat oaklands division record but in all scenarios, Denver needs both teams to lose more than they win to get the division. A lot of interesting scenarios....
          Last edited by 602BroncoFan; 12-06-2016, 04:52 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
            Nope. I am cheering for a Chiefs win. That will put both teams only 1 game up on us. And we play both of them 1 more time. And Oakland has a rough schedule and can lose another. Chiefs can always lose again because, like us, their offense isn't that great.
            That is the way I see it as well. If the Raiders win, the Broncos can kiss the AFC West goodbye.

            Comment


            • #7
              I just like that one of them WILL LOSE. No matter what we still will need more help ... first thing is we need to win our last games to have any serious chance at a division title.

              I'm ok with a wild card. Get in and see what happens.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Just curious? Come playoffs, if Denver had to play @ Oakland or @ NE, which would be preferable?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by furi0usbee View Post
                  Just curious? Come playoffs, if Denver had to play @ Oakland or @ NE, which would be preferable?
                  Interesting question, off topic but deserving of its own new thread! But to answer your question, preference is either of them IN DENVER :-)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
                    Of course it's a goal to win the division, and win every single game. This thread does not question that mindset. The question has to do with which team's loss is more favorable to Denver.

                    Denver could win out and still not win the division. Thursday's game creates a very interesting situation which begets the original question. You'd prefer kc win? Explain. Not saying you're wrong but interested in the perspective.



                    If that happens, KC will have 4 division wins and Denver would be REQUIRED to have a better overall record than them to get the division (virtually win out). On the flip side a raider loss gives Denver a better chance to match or beat oaklands division record but in all scenarios, Denver needs both teams to lose more than they win to get the division. A lot of interesting scenarios....

                    It just depends on who would be more comfortable playing in the post season which stadium we rather play in. It's extremely hard to pick A team to root for at this point because would we be more comfortable going into arrowhead?

                    Our defense can stop their offense but their defense is extremely strong and creates a lot of turnovers and yes I understand that any defense in itself the league can stop Denvers offense right now but the turnovers created by KCs would be a key factor against us.

                    Would it be better to go into Oakland and attempt to shut down their high-powered Offense? Can our defense do this? While our plays against a much weaker defense than KC yet will make them look like a bunch of hall of famers.
                    Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-06-2016, 07:37 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      As long as there are multiple paths to the #1 seed, I hold hope. This week, if KC beats Oakland, and Baltimore beats NE, we are CLOSE to controlling out own destiny for #1 seed. Baltimore's defense is #1 in both points/drive and yards/drive and playing on fire, so they can beat NE. We would just need SD or Tenn to be KC. So that is the scenario I am hoping for. Go Chiefs!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                        As long as there are multiple paths to the #1 seed, I hold hope. This week, if KC beats Oakland, and Baltimore beats NE, we are CLOSE to controlling out own destiny for #1 seed. Baltimore's defense is #1 in both points/drive and yards/drive and playing on fire, so they can beat NE. We would just need SD or Tenn to be KC. So that is the scenario I am hoping for. Go Chiefs!
                        With that being said, looks like every body is taking an "all-in"approach rooting for kc. It's the riskiest way to get #1 because it could risk the 5 seed and requires Denver to virtually win out to get 1, while hoping kc gets no more than 1 win again if they beat the Raiders

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          With the remaining schedules I see the Ravens and Steelers both making it. Therefore I want KC to lose bc I feel we need to overtake them to get a WC. I just don't see with this offense that we can pass them both

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Would prefer KC to lose.
                            I believe.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by furi0usbee View Post
                              Just curious? Come playoffs, if Denver had to play @ Oakland or @ NE, which would be preferable?
                              @ne is more preferable imho w gronk out.

                              Oakland is the real deal this year. Sadly
                              Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X