What has happened to our running game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all about the OL.

Who have the best 2 OL's in the league this season ? Dallas and Oakland. It's no surprise that Dak and Zeke are playing well and Carr has had a break-out year.

It's impossible to evaluate Booker, Lynch, or TS properly because the OL gets beat up and pushed around on an almost play-by-play basis.

Comment

This is a clear example of Booker leaving a lot of meat on the bone:

It does not get much better than that in the NFL.

Good blocks except for Max Garcia (as usual), who misses the ILB. Anyway, Booker hits the hole, 1-on-1 vs the ILB that Garcia missed.

The ILB goes low and brings Booker down by tackling his left leg. The RB has to break that tackle. Look at the open space.
      sigpic

Comment

An interesting stat in today's Denver Post that said we have the third lowest total of our salary cap spent on the OL.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/06...on-lynch-bust/

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
          An interesting stat in today's Denver Post that said we have the third lowest total of our salary cap spent on the OL.

Makes sense with Paradis, Garcia, Sambrailo and Schofield on their first contract. I think Okung's cap hit is $5.2 million this year. Stephenson's cap hit is $4 million.

Plenty of comments already posted about the line and what our backs haven't done right.

Booker did seem better catching out of the backfield. With 4 games left I would like to see Kubiak find ways to use Booker with short passes.

I'm going to be optimistic that Forsett brings an attitude to prove he can still be productive.

Comment

Someone already mentioned this, but Booker doesn't have good field vision, he seems to run into his own blockers and can't adjust in mid run. It's his first year and maybe it is something that comes with time but right now I think he is thinking too much as he looks a little like a deer in headlights. Something the RB position is the easiest but as you can see it will take a couple more season before he look comfortable like CJ does.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Thanks lv! The salary storyline does make one wonder about the expected output of same. You have to choose your spending priorities, but I'd like to think you not only appreciate the value of the Trenchers, but pay accordingly.

Comment

What really surprises me about the o-line is that Max Garcia has not been benched. Kubiak has not even tried McGovern or Turner at LG. Last season, I thought Tyler Polumbus clearly was the better RT, but Schofield was kept there allowing sack after sack. Now it's Max Garcia who is somehow entrenched as the starting LG since OTAs, yet he is constantly whiffing on blocks. Garcia played center at Florida and perhaps this should be his position in the NFL, just blocking the NT in front of him. It's really bad when he has to move quickly and get to the second level to reach a defender.
                sigpic

Comment

Well its official that Forsett is going to be playing next week. He'll be splitting snaps with Booker according to Kubiak

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl...a74%26sr%3Damp
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

The ZBS requires vision and patience from the RB. While the OL play has not been good, there have been many plays that have been there for more yards to be had, if the RB (Booker mostly) would be just a slight bit more patient to allow the O-lineman to secure his down block and get up field to 2nd level. Again, this is not to give the OL a pass, as they have not been good as a unit this season. They are missing cut blocks all the time. But I do think there is some responsibility to be taken by the RB's. I am curious as to whether Forsett will have a bit more success, due to his veteran experience with a ZBS. Don't know, we'll see.
                    Geaux Tigers

Comment

Working...
                    X