Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is Kubes Leash?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What Is Kubes Leash?

    I am not advocating Kubiak gets fired. In fact, l think he had a big impact on our championship run. Out of curiosity, what would have to happen for Gary to be on the hot seat? Non playoff season? Poor offensive scheme?

  • #2
    Back-to-back non playoff years, minimum
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

    Comment


    • #3
      That is actually a great question that I've asked myself.

      And the answer is that it will probably end the same way things ended between good friends Patrick Roy and Joe Sakic. I'm guessing that Kubiak will walk before it gets to a point where Elway has to take action. However, I don't see anything happening in the foreseeable future unless it is related to Kubiak's health.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think if Kubiak has another medical espisode, he will retire on his own. Only a COMPLETE collapse by the Broncos would prompt Elway to fire him or urge him to step down. However, I think Elway will make Kubiak have a "Come to Jesus" moment if he see's things going south and Kubiak will have to adjust his offensive philosophy.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BroncoBrennan89 View Post
          I am not advocating Kubiak gets fired. In fact, l think he had a big impact on our championship run. Out of curiosity, what would have to happen for Gary to be on the hot seat? Non playoff season? Poor offensive scheme?
          failing to at least get to the SB with a #1 defense...while they still have it.
          or losing a playoff game/sb by missing a 62 yd fg

          Comment


          • #6
            During the Jacksonville post-game locker room speech, Elway was right behind Kubiak. I don't usually see him at those, or at least so close to Kubiak. When Fox was coach, Elway had to play bad cop when they weren't playing well. Was Elway's presence in the locker room a subtle way to show Kubiak and the team that he (Elway) was unhappy with the performance?

            I don't know if he gets fired up, but Kubiak isn't motivating the team now. That can't be good.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
              During the Jacksonville post-game locker room speech, Elway was right behind Kubiak. I don't usually see him at those, or at least so close to Kubiak. When Fox was coach, Elway had to play bad cop when they weren't playing well. Was Elway's presence in the locker room a subtle way to show Kubiak and the team that he (Elway) was unhappy with the performance?

              I don't know if he gets fired up, but Kubiak isn't motivating the team now. That can't be good.
              How do you know Kubiak isn't motivating the team? Do you have some insight into the Denver locker room? Kubes may not be "fiery," but from what I've read he is well liked and respected for being incredibly honest and forthright.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                How do you know Kubiak isn't motivating the team? Do you have some insight into the Denver locker room? Kubes may not be "fiery," but from what I've read he is well liked and respected for being incredibly honest and forthright.
                Fox was "well Liked"... I don't won't "well Liked", I want respected and followed.

                Kubiak has done nothing for this offense other then destroy it... How do you go from the best offense in the History of the game to what he brought us last year? If it were not for Cincy turning us down when we asked to make ther DB coach our Defensive Coordinator we more then likely would have finished last in the division last year.

                If and when Wade Phillips goes somewhere else we are pretty much going to be the Houston Texas during the Kubiak years... UGH!...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
                  Fox was "well Liked"... I don't won't "well Liked", I want respected and followed.

                  Kubiak has done nothing for this offense other then destroy it... How do you go from the best offense in the History of the game to what he brought us last year? If it were not for Cincy turning us down when we asked to make ther DB coach our Defensive Coordinator we more then likely would have finished last in the division last year.

                  If and when Wade Phillips goes somewhere else we are pretty much going to be the Houston Texas during the Kubiak years... UGH!...
                  He destroyed it? We had a system change last year, and this year we have 4 new starters on OL and two QBs who had never started, one a rookie who needs development. To say he ruined something that is being built is unfair. Massive turnover at the most crucial areas of the offense is not easy for any team in any system. Let's get a foundation, and see what some continuity can do, before we bring Kubiak to the gallows.
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hopefully as short as possible.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      He may be Elways
                      "Coach for life"!!!
                      As it should be!

                      Thanks KUBES for bringing a CHAMPIONSHIP to Denver!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
                        Fox was "well Liked"... I don't won't "well Liked", I want respected and followed.

                        Kubiak has done nothing for this offense other then destroy it... How do you go from the best offense in the History of the game to what he brought us last year? If it were not for Cincy turning us down when we asked to make ther DB coach our Defensive Coordinator we more then likely would have finished last in the division last year.

                        If and when Wade Phillips goes somewhere else we are pretty much going to be the Houston Texas during the Kubiak years... UGH!...
                        I guess you missed the part where I said he was well liked and "respected."

                        Also, your claim that he destroyed the offense is completely incorrect. The Manning offense started to decline during the 2014 season. By 2015, we had not only lost pieces like Julius Thomas and Wes Welker, but Manning was a shell of himself. This year, the O-line is still terrible, we have no receiving TE, our QBs are green, and our RBs are hurt. If you want to blame Kubiak for all that, go ahead.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Anything under an 8 win season or back to back seasons missing the playoffs.

                          This garbage offense doesn't work when you don't have the players to make it work and instead of acquiescing and finding a happy ground, It's Kubes way or the highway.

                          If the offense doesn't improve it wont be long.
                          sigpic

                          Hooray, beer!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Middle of next year at the most for me. I mean if we have a crappy offense like we hado last and this year I'd want to go in a different direction. I'm kind of there now but Kubiak doesn't have an oline to work with. His offense has been less than stellar though since he's been here.
                            :go:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
                              He may be Elways
                              "Coach for life"!!!
                              As it should be!

                              Thanks KUBES for bringing a CHAMPIONSHIP to Denver!!!!
                              I hope this is sarcasm
                              Superbowl 50 Champions!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X