Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KC Vs Oakland - Big Game For Them And Us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC Vs Oakland - Big Game For Them And Us!

I am looking forward to tonight's game! Lots on the line.....given one of these teams will likely take the division. Yes, I still have hopes for us, but realistically it's going to be tough. But still, a loss for KC could even lose them a playoff spot, whereas I do not think Oakland can fall that much. But an Oakland loss opens the door a bit more for our Broncos, in terms of #1. The trouble with this optimism, KC has three straight games at home, and that gives them the best schedule of the three teams.

Yes, it looks clear and muddy simultaneously, given that playoffs and wildcards are not usually decided this early.....and from my perspective, I could argue that both teams tonight have serious flaws.

Lets start with KC. Hard to imagine a good team being 23rd on overall O, and 29th on D!!! And it is a balanced situation as follows:
    Run game is 26th on O, and 27th on D
    Pass game is 21st on O, and 22nd on D

Not good stats! Of course, sometimes stats are for losers, also we have to look closer at the details to ascertain why these overall poor results equate to a pretty decent season.

Oakland is strong offensively, 5th in the league overall, including 7th in run game and 4th in passing. But on D they kinda suck.....30th overall, 29th in the run and 24th in passing defence. For me, this may end a long run in the playoffs. You catch a good team and your D struggles, and GOODBYE!

Regardless, this game might give us some clues as to who is for real. A one sided game might be telling, but of course, a tight one may keep us in more suspense.

I am excited to watch this one. What say you?

This is how I see it.

Let's say things are as they are for a moment. OAK #1, NE #2.

Currently HOU at #3 would play #5 KC, and DEN #6 plays #4 BALT.

I think if we don't get the division win, and HOU wins their division, being #5 is an easier spot for us. Beating HOU in the WC round is easier than BALT. If we advance then we'd play OAK in the divisional round instead of NE.

So, if we don't win the division, our path is easier in the #5 spot instead of the #6 spot if they stay as is and we move up over KC. Therefore I'm hoping KC loses Thursday.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Should be a great game to watch. I'll be looking closely at the Chiefs plays, they seem to do a good job of mixing it up and using their RB and TE very well.
      Last edited by haciendadad; 12-08-2016, 12:44 PM.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

These teams need to beat each other to a pulp tonight.... that would be cool.

I am going for KC as they have home-field on a short week.
        sigpic

Comment

I am soooo sooo torn. But, just cannot root for Oakland.
          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post

I am going for KC as they have home-field on a short week.
            Best case scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              Best case scenario.
              Because? Can you explain how that helps us? If they win, we stay behind them don't we. If they lose and we win Sunday, don't we tie them?

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                Because? Can you explain how that helps us? If they win, we stay behind them don't we. If they lose and we win Sunday, don't we tie them?
                I don't see much point in moving up in our division if we don't win the division. A higher seed may or may not be better depending on how things shake out. I'd rather be just 1 game behind both than tied with one (who will have tie breaker anyways) and then 2 games behind the other. Unlikely yes, but I'm still rooting to win the division, gotta get close to winning out regardless of how you look at it. Many different scenarios could play out at this point........I just can't root for the Raiders.
                Last edited by rkymntskier; 12-08-2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rkymntskier View Post
                  I don't see much point in moving up in our division if we don't win the division. A higher seed may or may not be better depending on how things shake out. I'd rather be just 1 game behind both than tied with one (who will have tie breaker anyways) and then 2 games behind the other. Unlikely yes, but I'm still rooting to win the division, gotta get close to winning out regardless of how you look at it.
                  If you look at the current playoff picture, the #5 seed has a much easier road than #6. 5 plays either HOU/IND 6 plays BALT/PIT.
                  Winner of HOU/IND Plays OAK, vs NE in the divisional round. I like those odds better than the 6 seed odds.

I think realistically we have a better shot at 5 then division winner. I'm hoping KC loses tonight. If they do and we win Sunday, we have a better shot to overtake them at 5.

Comment

I will pull for KC, although the consequences have me in a conundrum (whoa.....big word!!!). I want so bad for us to win the division, but it may not be in the cards. Making the playoffs is all that really matters. So if KC loses, we have a better chance to catch them. BUT who knows how those last 3 games will go for each of them and us??

I have a solution....lets win out!

Comment

If you look at the current playoff picture, the #5 seed has a much easier road than #6. 5 plays either HOU/IND 6 plays BALT/PIT.
                      Winner of HOU/IND Plays OAK, vs NE in the divisional round. I like those odds better than the 6 seed odds.

I think realistically we have a better shot at 5 then division winner. I'm hoping KC loses tonight. If they do and we win Sunday, we have a better shot to overtake them at 5.
                      I completely get what you're saying and I agree as long as nothing changes seeding wise. Bal/pit and Hou/Ind could swap seeds by the time it's all said and done, only a game difference and Bal's gotta play NE this week, if that was to happen then we'd probably want the sixth seed. We just got to keep winning. Good news is KC and Oak can't both win.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                        Exactly my sentiment. Wouldn't wish injury on anyone but I do want the teams to completely exhaust each other out physically and mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by rkymntskier View Post
                          I completely get what you're saying and I agree as long as nothing changes seeding wise. Bal/pit and Hou/Ind could swap seeds by the time it's all said and done, only a game difference and Bal's gotta play NE this week, if that was to happen then we'd probably want the sixth seed. We just got to keep winning. Good news is KC and Oak can't both win.
                          That's part of the beauty of tonight.....only one team can win (at most)! That means one team loses, or two teams tie. But there will not be 2 happy teams after this game.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            I will pull for KC, although the consequences have me in a conundrum (whoa.....big word!!!). I want so bad for us to win the division, but it may not be in the cards. Making the playoffs is all that really matters. So if KC loses, we have a better chance to catch them. BUT who knows how those last 3 games will go for each of them and us??

I have a solution....lets win out!
                            That's the only solution until it's not.

We can speculate all we want but there's a quarter of football left to be played. Who knows what will happen in other tightly contested divisions such as AFC North and AFC South.
                            Adopted Poster
                            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Getting a 5th Seed u guys are forgetting Titans are tied with Colts and Houston aswell so u can't really count them out on being the 5th seed and to till you the truth Tennessee scares me more than Indy or Houston.

Comment

Working...
                              X