Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Elway go all out on the O-line for next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    What's the deal with Donald Stephenson? He is set to make some pretty good money so I kind of feel like we are forced to make that work somehow. What's the penalty of cutting him?
    Next year: 2 million dead
    Next year after: 1 million dead

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      Do you credit the Jaguars GM for finding Brandon Marshall? Same thing as Lichtensteiger.

Myers was a one year starter in Denver, started several years in Houston. That's why I say his career was made elsewhere.

Both might have ended up being great Broncos if not for the coaching change in 2009, so I will note that.

Not sure how we got off on a Shanahan tangent on this, so I'll just end it with this: Shanahan produced a tremendous run game between the 20's during his entire time here. Linemen and backs executed it well. But the team did fail in pass protection at times and also struggled in short yardage. I don't blame Shanahan for that though, the zone game isn't built for short yardage situations.

Now back on topic, yes Elway needs to make some moves to fix the o-line. They'll need to add 2-3 players who can come in and help immediately, whether that's via free agency or the draft remains to be seen.
      And Elway would be wise to get the opinion of someone like Shanahan that knows the system and has a proven record of finding solid OLs to fit the system.

Also, FA and the draft aren't the only ways to get OL. As I pointed out above, trades are also an option.

Comment

Do you credit the Jaguars GM for finding Brandon Marshall? Same thing as Lichtensteiger.
        Actually, not the same at all. Shanahan drafted Lichtensteiger in 2008(?). Both Shanahan and Lichtensteiger were out of football in 2009. Shanahan became the coach for Washington in 2010, the same year Lichtensteiger began his Washington career and Lichtensteiger started every game Shanny was there, except for the games he was injured.

Since Shanahan brought Lichtensteiger to both the Broncos and Washington, I think a better question is why you don't give Shanahan credit for finding Lichtensteiger?

Comment

Are we discussing the Denver broncos offensive line, this year? Except for the center, are any of them worthy of starting in the NFL? Perhaps keeping "some" for replacement if one of the starters need a break or gets injured.

Is anyone here related to Schofield? Is he an improvement from last year? Wow, get real?

All I want is for my Broncos to win, so I tend to be critical of their weakness. Nothing personal, we need some changes.

Comment

What I'm concerned about his how bad our drafting has been on the offensive side of the ball over the last 4 years or so. Has any player on the offense drafted within the first 4 rounds even worked out just a bit over that time? There has been a lot more misses than hits, that for sure and it looks like Osweiler is a major bust down in Houston and a bullet we were lucky to dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by sendacash View Post
              What I'm concerned about his how bad our drafting has been on the offensive side of the ball over the last 4 years or so. Has any player on the offense drafted within the first 4 rounds even worked out just a bit over that time? There has been a lot more misses than hits, that for sure and it looks like Osweiler is a major bust down in Houston and a bullet we were lucky to dodge.
              HOU has a legit chance of making the playoffs, so I wouldn't say that he's a major bust & who knows, he might turn out better than both Lynch & Sieman
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Osweiler is terrible, if you can't see that with the eye test, then his #31 QB rating should be some sort of revelation. The fact the he's still in contention in a crappy division does not alter the stats.

Comment

Originally posted by sendacash View Post
                  Osweiler is terrible, if you can't see that with the eye test, then his #31 QB rating should be some sort of revelation. The fact the he's still in contention in a crappy division does not alter the stats.
                  He's still young. He could still turn it around. Young was 26 before he even came close to being good
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Yes. (Ten char.)

Comment

YES!!! The O-line is an embarrassment. They are the seven blocks of silly putty -- period. I'd only keep Paradis and maybe Okung. The rest are crap. Kubiak is the architect of this disaster and Elway needs to snap his buddy up and lay down the law. Kubiak's "system" needs a serious upgrade with some INNOVATION and CREATIVITY. He didn't win last year with it, he won't win this year with it. He didn't win in Houston with it. Let's admit the fact that this offense is garbage and Kubiak needs to be told a better system is required for next year. I'm a devout, life-long fan and I'm sick of this crap. Eventually the D will start airing their feelings and then what happens?

Comment

I think spending a first on George Foster permanently undoes any genius attached to Shanahan and o-line.
                        he had hits and misses, but alot more hits in my opinion, his lines have been good solid run blocking units through the years, lotta running backs made the pro bowl behind them.
                        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Stay the course.

Draft BPA - Always.

I get that we have need at O line... but we also have need at DE, DT, LB,

There is going to be plenty of quality players where we are drafting.

Load up on whatever talent falls to us.

Comment

Yes. Go all out to improve the O-Line. It should be the #1 priority. I don't know that drafting anyone is going to fix it though. I think they are going to have to go FA.
                            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

We are missing a dynamic RB coupled with that oline. I mean we really need a RB threat. Even CJ is up and down more up than down but we miss a good RB that can take advantage of the holes and run up hill. I miss the likes of TD Mike Anderson guys that put their head down and just ran. We have not been getting good Rbs at all. A good rb makes the passing game that much easier.

I believe we got a good qb in Siemien not to take away some blame on him but behind an oline coupled with a good rb I promise you we will have something there. Defense don't have room to make any mistakes because it's unlikely the offense can overcome it.
                              :go:

Comment

Working...
                              X