Post game rants -- Week 14 -- Broncos and Titans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post game rants -- Week 14 -- Broncos and Titans

I do believe as a whole Elway has done a great job, but to be a dynasty you need to draft well.

Here are the only draft picks I'd call successful in the last 10 drafts (2007-2016), across 78 picks.

2014 - Bradley Roby
    2014 - Matt Paradis
    2012 - Derek Wolfe
    2012 - Malik Jackson *Gone
    2012 - Danny Trevathan *Gone
    2011 - Von Miller
    2011 - Orlando Franklin *Gone
    2011 - Julius Thomas *Gone
    2010 - Demaryius Thomas
    2010 - Eric Decker *Gone
    2008 - Ryan Clady *Gone (but I don't miss his injuries)
    2008 - Eddie Royal *Gone

With the exceptions of Knowshon & Moss I do think our 1st round picks have been pretty good, but after that...

I wish we could've retained that 2011 and 2012 draft class. What good is it to draft and mold pro bowlers and then not retain them.

Comment

The list doesn't denote who was doing the Drafting. The problems with the "Draft" occurred before John Elway got here. And thus, the Broncos have had to rely, to a great extent, on FA.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
        I do believe as a whole Elway has done a great job, but to be a dynasty you need to draft well.

Here are the only draft picks I'd call successful in the last 10 drafts (2007-2016), across 78 picks.

2014 - Bradley Roby
        2014 - Matt Paradis
        2012 - Derek Wolfe
        2012 - Malik Jackson *Gone
        2012 - Danny Trevathan *Gone
        2011 - Von Miller
        2011 - Orlando Franklin *Gone
        2011 - Julius Thomas *Gone
        2010 - Demaryius Thomas
        2010 - Eric Decker *Gone
        2008 - Ryan Clady *Gone (but I don't miss his injuries)
        2008 - Eddie Royal *Gone

With the exceptions of Knowshon & Moss I do think our 1st round picks have been pretty good, but after that...
        Its the nature of the salary cap. Designed to force parity. IF we had unlimited funds I bet we still have Decker, Jackson, and Danny T.

You will notice that some franchises seem to struggle drafting certain positions. NE can't draft a WR. Denver can't seen to draft TE's / O line. Jax / Jets can't draft QB.

I agree that our drafting needs to improve overall. 1st 2nd and 3rds need to be on the rosters for a long time to come and we have too many of those who are washed out of the league because they suck.

Comment

Long time lurker, first time poster

I've been a fan of this team in all my 27 years of life, and I finally decided to start posting after this game. I think it was that dirty hit on CHJ, it just put a really bad taste in my mouth as a fan.

Anyway, I like what I see out of Trevor when he's allowed to throw the ball. I don't want the Broncos to become one of those teams (Browns, Raiders before Carr, Chiefs before Smith, Texans) that are always switching gears on QBs, that seems to be the mark of a bad team. That being said, we definitely need some new faces on the offensive coaching side. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but how vanilla can playcalling get? Is Trevor even allowed to audible out of plays like Manning did?

I don't know...I need to vent somewhere because I don't know any other Bronco fans I can talk to outside of the internet.

Comment

Trevor is fine when he gets time to throw. I don't buy into the narrative of some that the Broncos would be better off starting Paxton in the shotgun. If the Broncos had something that resembled a run game a lot of their problems on offense would go away. There is some play calling that might help cover up the deficiency but it's still going to exist and good teams will expose it.

Comment

Welcome to the boards. You makes some great points. If we don't go and get an established QB like R Firztrgerald, yes I know but he's actually pretty good but on a bad team, then we need to stick with Trevor or Pax and leave them in no matter what. Look at Carr, he had some rough patches for a few years and now he's very good.

Comment

Originally posted by VADER72 View Post
                Welcome to the boards. You makes some great points. If we don't go and get an established QB like R Firztrgerald, yes I know but he's actually pretty good but on a bad team, then we need to stick with Trevor or Pax and leave them in no matter what. Look at Carr, he had some rough patches for a few years and now he's very good.
                I think we'd be better off sticking with Trevor than pursuing Fitz imo. He wanted too much money that could be spent elsewhere. Thank you for the welcome, it's lonely out here in Vikings Country

Comment

Originally posted by MinkofLegend View Post
                  I think we'd be better off sticking with Trevor than pursuing Fitz imo. He wanted too much money that could be spent elsewhere. Thank you for the welcome, it's lonely out here in Vikings Country
                  Welcome to the MB.

We have something in common. Being surrounded by purple. I'm in Raven territory.

I want an O-line for Christmas.
                  Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Justin Forsett

I know he fumbled on his first carry, but he hit that hole nicely. From watching him during the game, I think he should be our starter the rest of the season and retain him beyond. The kid really showed his veteran instincts and next year with he and CJ that could be a great combo. Have Booker as our 3rd RB.

Comment

Playcalling the first drive of the game set the team up for disaster, bc it set off a chain of events that found us trailing 13-0.

First down completion for 8-9 yards and then we pass on second and third down.

Then we fumble.... next drive we have a third and inches and instead of a qB sneak we run it to booker (like the previous 15 attempts in these situations didn't convince the coaching staff that using Booker is akin to using Hillman in goalline carries).

2 of the first 3 dries were 3-&-outs all bc of the playcalling.

Then, after going 2-20 in third downs the previous 7 quarters of football, Kubiak decides to go for it on fourth (instead of taking the 3 points). Other than the Fowler drop in the the end zone and the Forsett fumble, not taking the 3 points was the biggest killer of them all. Cost dEN a chance to win game in OT.

BTW, it was these coaches that brought in Forsett (and he practically single-handedly gave the game to tEN with his fumble).

Comment

He does hit the hole with more confidence than Booker. Booker either doesn't have great vision, or is not confident in his decisions.
                        sigpic

Comment

Saying he is a better runner than Booker isn't saying much. He basically cost DEN the win today with his fumble.

Sure, his blocking on blitzes helped.... butbhe put the team in a 10-0 hole, from which the team never recovered. The Broncos were better off if he never played today.

Does it really matter what happens the next 3 weeks? He already fumbled away 1 game.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                            Saying he is a better runner than Booker isn't saying much. He basically cost DEN the win today with his fumble.

Sure, his blocking on blitzes helped.... butbhe put the team in a 10-0 hole, from which the team never recovered. The Broncos were better off if he never played today.

Does it really matter what happens the next 3 weeks? He already fumbled away 1 game.
                            They should have given him the chance to redeem his poor efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post

The sad thing is the Broncos probably win this game had they just thrown every single play. We might have the worst running game in NFL history

Comment

Working...
                              X