Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did age catch up with Peyton...or was it this offense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did age catch up with Peyton...or was it this offense?

This has been nagging in my mind for a while.

Peyton puts up best season in history in 2013 as we all know. Prior to his quad strain in Nov 2014, he's pretty much doing the same thing.

Then, in 2015, Kubes and Dennison install this joke of an offensive system, while simultaneously failing to address the OL especially at both tackle positions. Peyton complies and suddenly has a precipitously bad season. Brock looks nearly as inept. Thank god for Wade.

Yet the few times Peyton is still prolific is when Kubiak lets him cut lose to his no huddle, like that comeback win against KC early and SD late.

The more I watch the Kubes/Dennison offense and the state of our OL, the more I wonder how any QB could hope to even be average or non-injured in this system.

Age. He started falling off mid 2014

Comment

Both, but Peyton's mind was enough of a weapon to be on the field.
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe a combo of both

Comment

Kubiak and his horrible offense

In 2014 it was the Offensive line causing issues for Manning, since it pretty much sucked. 2015 it was Kubiaks horrible offense and playcalling.

Justin Forsett gave us a hint about something earlier in the week when he said that 99% of the offense is the same from his time at the Ravens... That's way to much tape out there on your offense, and how to stop it.

Comment

This offensive line Manning would have taken so many self sacks it's not even funny.

But as for the question. I think Manning started to have issues. Maybe the injuries started to catch up to him. His arm wasn't as Strong. I'm not so sure our record would have been better with him on this year's team.

No run game defenders would have cheated up and took away the short game like they did last year.
            :go:

Comment

Oh yay, another PM thread resurrecting debates which have already been had here -to death!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                Oh yay, another PM thread resurrecting debates which have already been had here -to death!
                Seriously, I don't get the point of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                  Obviously it's because I have growing doubts in our coaching on the offensive side of the ball.

We have Siemian vs. Lynch debates when it just might be that neither one could actually succeed.

Comment

This is gonna be fun...
                    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Is this a Broncos forum?

Yes, so then does the op ask for bronco related discussion on whether
                      manning was really as gone as he seemed...or is the offense the biggest issue ...
                      Yes

So the point is discussion about the broncos
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

He may have been able to play one more year if the o-line and this offense didn't get him hit so hard and often.

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                          Is this a Broncos forum?

Yes, so then does the op ask for bronco related discussion on whether
                          manning was really as gone as he seemed...or is the offense the biggest issue ...
                          Yes

So the point is discussion about the broncos
                          This topic has been discussed to death already

Comment

This topic has been discussed to death already
                            And do you have to take part?
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I truly believe this crummy line stole 2 years away from the sheriff. Just greatfull the d helped him ride out on top

Comment

Working...
                              X