Week 15 Power Rankings: The "All I Want For Xmas" Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 15 Power Rankings: The "All I Want For Xmas" Edition

Well, this week could have went better... a lot better. Not as discouraged as I thought I would be. Nothing we can do about a coach who won't make changes and open a playbook, so I can't get too mad that we lose such close games. This will probably be a quick one this week as I have a crap ton of work today. Let's do this:

1-5

NE
    DAL
    KC
    OAK
    SEA

Seriously, a defense needs to make Brady eat some friggin dirt. The amount of holding calls on the NE* Oline last night was insane. Our boys can lose this weekend I really don't care, but I want to see Brady in the dirt at least 10 times. But seriously, that 80 yard pass to Hogan last night had me looking at the Baltimore defense like:

Hang on a second, let me pull something up. "Can they topple the #1 seed this week? I think so." I said this last week about the Giants. I just wanted to gloat about being right. Doesn't mean squat for us, but I hate Dallas, so at least that made me happy after a day of disappointment.

It seems like most people wanted KC to win, but I would have preferred Oakland to win. Don't ask why, probably so at least one team would have stayed neck and neck with NE for the #1 seed. I mean c'mon, you don't want those bean town losers to get the #1 seed! Whatever, at this point, NE won't lose another game most likely.

Seattle remains in the top 5 not only after losing, but losing big! Like by 4 TDs big. But sure, they are a top 5 team while teams with similar or better records are below them.

6-10

PIT
    DET
    NYG
    DEN
    WAS

So people, we are getting to the point where we might have to start cheering for PIT to topple NE in the playoffs. Accept it now.

How bout dem Lions! Don't be sleeping on Staffy, he's the real league MVP this year, not that cheater everyone continues to gush over. But Stafford and the Lions know how to stay alive! Just when you think you have them beat...

Way to go Big Blue. I gloated before about being right about you beating the Cowboys this week, but I am just going to go ahead and gloat some more. Told ya!

Oh look it's our season!

Washington. This game was the best game of the week. Don't believe me? Go watch it.

11-15

ATL
    GB
    TB
    BAL
    MIA

Atlanta scores 42 points against the Rams, the Rams fire coach. The circle of life everyone.

So while Dallas might be on top still, I am pulling for Detroit and Green Bay in the NFC. Like both these teams. When a team has a QB that you just like, you always pull for that team. Way to lay the smack down on the Seahawks. Hope these guys make the playoffs.

So Tampa is 8-5. Anyone else see that coming?

Baltimore losing is actually good for us playoff wise, but I would rather they won last night. Top defense in the league? Bahahahaha, seriously? That's a joke right?

Oh bugger off Miami! When I want you to win you lose, when I want you to lose you win, sick of this team. Hope your season crumbles!

16-20

HOU
    MIN
    IND
    TEN
    BUF

147 yards and 0 TDs. Apparently that is enough for the Texans to win against the Colts. You could sit there and try to figure out either one of these teams all day and still be just as confused tomorrow. These are 2 confusing teams that don't know what they want to be. But imagine this: Luck on the Texans. Can you imagine the Texans with a good QB? They would be down right scary.

Vikings took down JAX in a meh game, but Bradford had some nice plays. Normally I would give props to the team that beat us, but sorry Titans this week you get squat from me after you tried to end the career of one of our players in one of the dirtiest plays I have ever seen. Karma... you wait and see.

Buffalo's season has been over for a while now, but I think there is hope for the future of this team. They just need to play a little smarter and they have a few more wins this season.

21-30

CIN
    CAR
    ARZ
    NO
    SD
    PHI
    CHI
    LA
    NYJ
    JAX

Thought the Browns could have beat the Bengals. I was wrong.

You beat the Bolts, so you have nothing to be proud about Carolina. Then again we are most likely going to be home with SD in January this year, and Arizona didn't help that situation at all but I knew they were going to blow it.

Brees had probably one of his worst games ever. Ugly ouch.

Great game Philly, tough loss though, but seriously, awesome game this week.

Tough loss for the Bears, but a good game against a good team. This QB could be their future. So at least it is not all doom and gloom in Chicago, unless you actually live in Chicago.

Got nothing to say about the Rams this week, they are just bad.

Did anyone watch the 49ers/Jets game? I mean, yea it was on TV by me, but I still don't know why. But of course they decide to play this week, after I needed them to play last week, and they flat out gave up. Go suck lemons Jets!

I got nothing on the Jags. Well, um stop with the 3 and outs, they don't help you. We would know.

31- SF

They actually played good but then gave up and lost to the Jets. That's got to sting a bit, but the Jets were playing for some pride, and their coach.

32- CLE

Cheer up Cleveland. At least the new Star Wars movie comes out this week. So you got that.

All I want for Xmas is for the cheating Patriots* to not make the Super Bowl and I'll be happy. I am easy to please. What are your Xmas wishes!?

awesome thread. Love the work you put into these.

What I want for Christmas? I want this season to be over already tbh
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

All I want for Christmas is a playoff birth, A PLAYOFF BIRTH?, Yeah a play off birth.

Cause I'm a sucker for punishment.

Comment

Other rankings

CBS: 9 Broncos (last week 5) The Super Bowl champions are in big trouble now. They can't afford another loss.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings/

FOX: 13 Denver Broncos (last week: 7)

The Broncos have a Super Bowl-caliber defense, just as they did last season, but the offense is nowhere near as good as it was in 2015 – and that’s saying something. The main reason is that they can’t run the ball despite Trevor Siemian playing decent of late.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery...andings-121316

ESPN:13. Denver Broncos

2016 record: 8-5 | Week 14 ranking: 9

The Broncos are not only in real danger of missing the playoffs following their loss to the Titans, but also of losing out. Their next three games are against the Patriots, Chiefs and Raiders, teams who are a combined 30-8 this season. Good luck, champs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...as-city-chiefs

NBC: 9. Broncos (8-5; Last Week No. 7): Lose to the Patriots on Sunday, and the Broncos may not get the chance to lose to the Patriots in the playoffs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-rankings-6/

Football Outsiders DVOA: DEN 13
        (last week 11) off-25 def-1 ST-20

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...4-dvoa-ratings

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Conner McGovern

Anyone have any idea how he is coming along. I thought with all the O-line troubles this season he might have had a look by now. As far as I know he has not had any playing time.

Comment

He hasn't been active in a single game, so that doesn't bode well. I hold out hope that he is like Paradis and will thrive in year two. But what expectations should you have for a 5th rounder?

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
              He hasn't been active in a single game, so that doesn't bode well. I hold out hope that he is like Paradis and will thrive in year two. But what expectations should you have for a 5th rounder?
              For him to turnout as valuable as Malik Jackson, on the opposite side of the line

Comment

We probably wont see guys like McGovern unless we are out of playoff contention.

Comment

Lack of experience aside, how much worse than Garcia/Schofield can he be at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                    We probably wont see guys like McGovern unless we are out of playoff contention.
                    And what's really going to piss me and everyone else off is that if/when we do see him, he is a freaking upgrade over Garcia...

If that happens I really do hope the entire offensive staff gets the boot.

Comment

Kubiak said Conner is coming along fine. He's getting reps at Center as well.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
                        And what's really going to piss me and everyone else off is that if/when we do see him, he is a freaking upgrade over Garcia...

I really wish they would approach things with more of a "what do we have to lose?" Attitude and experiment more. Luck is playing with his 35th line combination this year. Sounds like they are playing every guy they have until they find something that works. We should be doing the same.

Comment

who the Suck cares! it's all been pitiful

Comment

It took until last week to put in Billy Turner and he wasn't terrible. Certainly more serviceable than not. I think with us being essentially outbid the playoff picture its time to put McGovern and let him get some live game reps
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post

Never under estimate the power of the ego.

Comment

Working...
                              X