Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DT's Jersey Swap with Douglas fracture the locker room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
    I want you to use your head.. Let's say your neighbor almost runs over your kid on PURPOSE, and later that evening your wife/husband bakes them a cake and takes it to them...

What do you think is going to be the atmosphere in the house when he/she returns...

And just because Von said things are good doesn't really mean things are good.. Where there is smoke there is fire..

And as far as I am concerned DT is overpaid anyways, would love to see us cut ties with him soon.

But we will all see what the mood is once DT starts screwing up and dropping balls...
    DT and Sanders combined lead the league in receiving with 1883 yards. Considering the issues with the line, a 2nd year QB and a rookie QB under center, that's very good production. DT has played very strong over the past three games.

The defense needs the offense to improve over the final three games - last thing they would want is to make this into an issue with DT. He is one of the players helping the offense.

You don't cut ties with a player that combined with the other receiver makes the best 1-2 in the league.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 12-16-2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      DT and Sanders combined lead the league in receiving with 1883 yards. Considering the issues with the line, a 2nd year QB and a rookie QB under center, that's very good production. DT has played very strong over the past three games.

The defense needs the offense to improve over the final three games - last thing they would want is to make this into an issue with DT. He is one of the players helping the offense.

You don't cut ties with a player that combined with the other receiver makes the best 1-2 in the league.
      Now you know just as much as I do that DT has been under performing since he signed that contract.. I get it, the last 3 (THREE) games he has stepped up...

But compare his numbers since he signed that contract to other top 10 WR's... I dare ya.

Comment

Now you know just as much as I do that DT has been under performing since he signed that contract.. I get it, the last 3 (THREE) games he has stepped up...

But compare his numbers since he signed that contract to other top 10 WR's... I dare ya.
        Not going to rehash DT's contract.There isn't a question that DT struggled at times last season and this year. I'm not worried about any of those setbacks now. The fact is that he is playing strong.

Jersey swap is a non-issue according to CHJ. Saying there's an issue in the locker room is pure speculation.
        Last edited by Fantaztic7; 12-16-2016, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          Here's an article from the Denver Post, Von Miller said it wasn't a big deal and that the players don't care. Also went on to say that Thomas has known Douglas for a long time, so he doesn't understand why people would think it's bad he swapped jerseys.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/16...s-jersey-swap/

I guess if the team is pitted O v D and the locker room is "fractured" then Miller is siding with the offense...
          Noticeably absent from this article are quotes from the secondary.... I wonder why?

Von's quotes proves why he is a true leader and worth every penny. On and off the field, Von sets the example now.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
            Noticeably absent from this article are quotes from the secondary.... I wonder why?

Von's quotes proves why he is a true leader and worth every penny. On and off the field, Von sets the example now.
            There were articles with Harris quotes where he didn't mind either. So pretty much it boils down to this.

Some fans hate dt with a passion and locker room is fractured.

Players don't mind and have moved on.

I'm pretty sure the fan base had a better gauge on the locker room than the players.

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
              There were articles with Harris quotes where he didn't mind either. So pretty much it boils down to this.

Some fans hate dt with a passion and locker room is fractured.

Players don't mind and have moved on.

I'm pretty sure the fan base had a better gauge on the locker room than the players.
              What are the players suppose to say? "Yeah we hate DT now, he should have put the team first, so we won't have his back now."

People are all about saying the 'right' thing and being politically correct nowadays.

But most of us know where there is smoke there is fire, and rumors do have legs...To say that everyone was fine with DT putting his friendship before a teammate and it didn't cause any waves is silly.

We already saw a defensive member go after a offensive guy a few games back, so we know there is some bad feelings about how the defense can't hold their own. And TBH I don't blame the defensive guys for feeling like that, if they would just step up we would be in a good place right now.
              Last edited by SammyWinder; 12-17-2016, 12:39 AM.

Comment

The trade could be DT's way of telling him that he may need a disguise to get away.
                sigpic

Comment

What are the players suppose to say? "Yeah we hate DT now, he should have put the team first, so we won't have his back now."

People are all about saying the 'right' thing and being politically correct nowadays.

But most of us know where there is smoke there is fire, and rumors do have legs...To say that everyone was fine with DT putting his friendship before a teammate and it didn't cause any waves is silly.

We already saw a defensive member go after a offensive guy a few games back, so we know there is some bad feelings about how the defense can't hold their own. And TBH I don't blame the defensive guys for feeling like that, if they would just step up we would be in a good place right now.
                  If this is still a thing in the locker room then the Broncos need to clean house, starting with every player still carrying a grudge over this ridiculous slight.

On a football team you'll never have 53 guys who all like each other, there will always be players that don't like each other, that's just the way it is. But you go out and do your job to the best of your abilities for yourself and for the guys you do like, and for the guys you don't like, because you trust that they will do the same for you. I'd have just as much distrust for the guy who decides he's going to not go all out because someone traded a jersey as I would for the player who traded the jersey.

Petty things ruin weak teams, championship teams have a way of rising above the little things (and in the grand scheme of things this is extremely little) and continuing to fight.

Again if the defense gets upset and it becomes a fractured locker room because of this, the first players I'd look to get rid of are the players who caused the fracture, that's not the player who traded the jersey, that's the players who decided someone traded a jersey was a big deal and enough for them to start making it about themselves.

But based on everything you read, this is more about fans who already dislike a player looking for another reason to dislike him than it is about players actually caring. They've all seemed to move on, it's about time these fans do as well, at least until there actually is evidence that it's an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    If this is still a thing in the locker room then the Broncos need to clean house, starting with every player still carrying a grudge over this ridiculous slight.

On a football team you'll never have 53 guys who all like each other, there will always be players that don't like each other, that's just the way it is. But you go out and do your job to the best of your abilities for yourself and for the guys you do like, and for the guys you don't like, because you trust that they will do the same for you. I'd have just as much distrust for the guy who decides he's going to not go all out because someone traded a jersey as I would for the player who traded the jersey.

Petty things ruin weak teams, championship teams have a way of rising above the little things (and in the grand scheme of things this is extremely little) and continuing to fight.

Again if the defense gets upset and it becomes a fractured locker room because of this, the first players I'd look to get rid of are the players who caused the fracture, that's not the player who traded the jersey, that's the players who decided someone traded a jersey was a big deal and enough for them to start making it about themselves.

But based on everything you read, this is more about fans who already dislike a player looking for another reason to dislike him than it is about players actually caring. They've all seemed to move on, it's about time these fans do as well, at least until there actually is evidence that it's an issue.
                    Great comments.

Comment

That and the comments that follow almost make it sound like the absence of proof is proof.

Comment

Demaryius Thomas explains why he swapped jerseys with Harry Douglas

At the time, I didn’t even know about it,” Thomas said. “I stayed on the sidelines. I don’t get into brawls. I didn’t really see it until after the game. I’ve known Harry for around eight-plus years now. He’s a great dude. I know he didn’t mean anything bad, but from seeing the play, he could have stayed up and not done that to [CB] Chris [Harris Jr.]. I’m always going to have my guys’ back. I fight with him every day. I see him every day. At the time, I didn’t know it was him. I thought it was No. 18 at the time. Once I saw it, I saw it was him.”
                        http://milehighsports.com/demaryius-...harry-douglas/

Hopefully this ends this thread.....

Comment

Working...
                        X