Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are we not trying to pick up players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are we not trying to pick up players?

I see the Pats just claimed Floyd & while I see he has troubles why not take a flyer on him? Surely our receiving corp other than DT & Sanders could use some help. And why not Devin Hester for returns? Surely he can't be worse than what we have here? Watch the Pats claim him too.
    Bronco Bob

Originally posted by bfallona View Post
    I see the Pats just claimed Floyd & while I see he has troubles why not take a flyer on him? Surely our receiving corp other than DT & Sanders could use some help. And why not Devin Hester for returns? Surely he can't be worse than what we have here? Watch the Pats claim him too.
    They brought in Hester for a workout today as well. Hester is not the same guy anymore though. He was terrible in the game between BALT/NE.

I'd rather they give more playing time to Jordan Taylor before bringing in another WR. They aren't using him as much as they could so why bring in another guy who has had 2 DUI's. No thanks.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 12-15-2016, 03:34 PM.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Many people want DT's head for a few drops still this year. Floyd might have more drops than catches this year. Would love to see him in their for the Pat's and drop a crucial touchdown, causing the Pat's to settle for a field goal when they could have gone up by 10 instead of just 6. Then wait! Trevor leads the broncos to a last minute touchdown with a pass to A.J Derby with less than 13 seconds left. Wow, the Pat's lose at home in the divisional round of the playoffs.

Headlines, "Did Belichick's risky moves finally come back to bite him?"

Yes. Yes they did.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but the patriots claimef him before he cleared waivers and they have priority.
        Last edited by Rastic; 12-15-2016, 03:48 PM.

Comment

We have soooo much invested at the position between sanders and DT that the only way to justify bringing him on is to eventually see if it would allow us to move either DT or sanders. Floyd is having an off year but could be an excellent #2(preferably keep sanders) Use the savings to fortify the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong but the patriots claimef him before he cleared waivers and they have priority.
            Is waiver wire based on last year's standings or does it change on a weekly basis according to current standings?

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
              Many people want DT's head for a few drops still this year. Floyd might have more drops than catches this year. Would love to see him in their for the Pat's and drop a crucial touchdown, causing the Pat's to settle for a field goal when they could have gone up by 10 instead of just 6. Then wait! Trevor leads the broncos to a last minute touchdown with a pass to A.J Derby with less than 13 seconds left. Wow, the Pat's lose at home in the divisional round of the playoffs.

Yes. Yes they did.
              Wait.. But before all that happened, Devin Hester muffed a punt and then Raymond scoops and scores a TD. And before that happened, the P*ts defense weren't able to get any pressure on Siemian because BB sent Jamie Collins to the Browns for some reason that only he can knows, because no one else can understand it. And the Boston sports media has been lamenting ever since.

Now, Headlines, "Did Belichick's risky moves finally come back to bite him?"

Yes. Yes they did.
              Last edited by broncoslover115; 12-15-2016, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Lets see ... we signed Justin Forsett, Marlon Brown (he did go on IR so we promoted Raymond) recently, signed RB Zac Brooks (PS) in the last week - released Watson to make room, earlier this month they signed DL Travis Raciti (PS), signed LS Thomas Gafford to fill in for injured Krieter, signed LB Quetin Gause and TE Steve Scheu to PS back in October and then just signed Gause to the active roster, claimed G Billy Turner back in October ... we also tried to claim Ronnie Hillman off waivers but SD was awarded him.
                I don't think we need any help at WR at this time ... Floyd is trouble that shouldn't be welcome if he has had 2 DUI's; IMO he is not an upgrade over any of our top 4 receivers anyway ... 5th year guy with just 13 starts in the last 2 seasons - overrated, Floyd is.
                Raymond is doing fine at KR for now.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
                  Is waiver wire based on last year's standings or does it change on a weekly basis according to current standings?
                  Exactly. We won the SB so every other team has priority based on their standing at the end of last season.

Comment

Yes. Yes they did.
                    That would never happen because Derby would fumble it sealing our fate.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, we really need ANOTHER wide receiver......

All we need is a couple more and we can line them up at every position on offense, that'll be fun

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                        Ohhh, hit below the belt!

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                          Well to be fair to Derby, he had that ball totally ripped away from his arms, it Seemed he had the ball tucked
                          High And tight to his body, but the defender had good leverage on the ball and was successful ripping it from his arms. Hopefully he has learned from this and goes down before having the defender get him over powered again.
                          I really like Derby, and think he will be a good TE for us, for the rest of this year and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                            Yeah, we really need ANOTHER wide receiver......

All we need is a couple more and we can line them up at every position on offense, that'll be fun
                            That's what I thought too.

Comment

Yes. Yes they did.
                              OMG don't you think you should win the first round game on the road first before putting the Broncos in the second round. Hell shouldn't you worry more about winning 2 out of the next 3 to guarantee a playoff spot. Broncos are fighting for their playoff life while 1 win guarantees a first round bye for NE.

That said I ddon't not see Floyd getting much playing time and def no red zone targets till BRADY not BB trusts him.

Comment

Working...
                              X