Denver has 3 of the worst offensive linemen in NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
    We need an all new o-line cause this one is hot garbage and young players or not, they stink and have not gotten 'significantly' better from years 1 to 2 to 3. And the two vets (Okung & Stephenson) have been nothing worth writing home about either.

Also Clancy Barone needs to be fired as o-line coach and/or demoted to another position coach. And if Alex Gibbs isn't brought back as full-time o-line coach then maybe Rick Dennison needs to go to being o-line coach since he learned under Gibbs.

I have no idea who the OC should be in this case but it should be someone from the Shanahan/Kubiak tree, whether currently in-house or otherwise.
    Dennison has always been a problem... He was the last time Alex left, and trust me Alex is good now in Atlanta (I think that is where he is at) and he will never come back due to the way Fox and Elway dismissed him after he was caught yelling at John Fox during the Superbowl.

Elway is a special case for taking Fox's side and letting Gibbs go, if it were not for Alex Gibbs Elway would not have any Superbowl Trophy's.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
      Dennison has always been a problem... He was the last time Alex left, and trust me Alex is good now in Atlanta (I think that is where he is at) and he will never come back due to the way Fox and Elway dismissed him after he was caught yelling at John Fox during the Superbowl.

Elway is a special case for taking Fox's side and letting Gibbs go, if it were not for Alex Gibbs Elway would not have any Superbowl Trophy's.
      Gibbs was in ATL in '05-'06, then HOU with Kubiak in '08-'09 then in SEA in '10 and back with us in '13.

He's been home chill'N since SB48. The only thing I think that would stop Gibbs from coming back is his age (75) which some have mentioned. Other than that I think Elway & Co. can mend those fences that he (Elway) allowed Fox & Gase to tear down.
      Last edited by Mel B.; 12-16-2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
        The problem is, our window is closing. How long can we maintain an elite D? If our offense were even mediocre we'd still be legit contenders. As it is, we're not. I don't want to wait and see if Garcia and Sambrailo pan out. Okung? Hell no to paying that guy huge money for several years. And forget Stephenson. He's a backup at best.
        if it makes you feel any better I dont know if our defense is elite anymore. Sure our offense goes 3 and out to give the ball right back but often times even after a long rest our defense gets gashed through the running game for a 5-8 minute drive. Its hard to have an elite defense when we have one of the worst run defenses in the league.

On the bright side we are still not allowing a whole lot of points

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
          Gibbs was in ATL in '05-'06, then HOU with Kubiak in '08-'09 then in SEA in '10 and back with us in '13.

He's been home chill'N since SB48. The only thing I think that would stop Gibbs from coming back is his age (75) which some have mentioned. Other than that I think Elway & Co. can mend those fences that he (Elway) allowed Fox & Gase to tear down.
          He left (was asked to leave) Seattle in August of that year, he didn't even make it into the season. And he's burned bridges in every spot along that tour. Based on that track record is very likely that Fox and Gase didn't do things that need fences to be mended, but rather Gibbs did things to need to mend fences.

Comment

Apparently Clancy Barone was absolutely laying into the linemen during practice on Wednesday, hopefully that helps.

Comment

IIRC Schofield played quite a bit at LT and RT during camp, pre-season and early in the season due to injuries. He played pretty well at LT and I think somewhat better than Okung. With off season work he looked better at RT. With Stephenson and Sambrailo struggling would it be worth putting Schofield at RT and try McGovern at RG?

We know Schofield's issues last season at RT however he improved coming into this season. I'm not sure Siemian will make it through the season with Stephenson and Sambrailo.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                He left (was asked to leave) Seattle in August of that year, he didn't even make it into the season. And he's burned bridges in every spot along that tour. Based on that track record is very likely that Fox and Gase didn't do things that need fences to be mended, but rather Gibbs did things to need to mend fences.

I hear you!

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  Apparently Clancy Barone was absolutely laying into the linemen during practice on Wednesday, hopefully that helps.
                  Somebody should've been laying into Clancy Barone for these past 2 seasons.

I swear I hope he's relieved of o-line coaching duties at season's end because 2 seasons of garbage o-line play is beyond un-acceptable and beyond un-excusable!

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                    The problem is, our window is closing. How long can we maintain an elite D? If our offense were even mediocre we'd still be legit contenders. As it is, we're not. I don't want to wait and see if Garcia and Sambrailo pan out. Okung? Hell no to paying that guy huge money for several years. And forget Stephenson. He's a backup at best.
                    The offense line is bad, everybody knows that.

They went into straight rebuilding mode on offense this year, this might be the youngest offense in Broncos history. The average age on offense is 25, with the average NFL experience less than 3 years. We're seeing the results of that every week. I'm not trying to make excuses though, they need to play better.

Nobody knows about the window, everybody said it would close when Manning retired, yet thanks to the defense it's still open. NFL teams go up and down every year, the Cowboys as an example went from 8-8 in 2013, to 12-4 in 2014, to 4-12 in 2014, to currently 11-2.

This team will need some new players next year, nobody will argue with that. But the fact is, much of the core of the defense is already resigned for the next few years. Also, there are some offensive pieces to build around, 2 good receivers, some young players showing potential in Siemian, Taylor, Derby, and Bibbs (until his injury), Paradis might end up being a decent center, and of course CJ will be back.

Comment

3 of the worst in the league ? ! ! Wow that does surprise me.

Thought it would be more

Comment

The line has it's issues however Booker needs to do a better job. This article breaks down film on Booker and I thought it was worth reading. He does some things well and hopefully he can improve - it wouldn't take much for him to be more productive. I thought it was interesting to see the line create the opportunities only to have Booker fail to cutback on the outside zone stretch plays.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/12/10...denver-broncos
                        Last edited by Fantaztic7; 12-17-2016, 03:31 PM.

Comment

It is fitting

IMO we have one of the worst OL coaches I have ever seen
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

The fact that Scofield is even still on the team, let alone a starter, is beyond me. He's been horrible since his first day, and he's still horrible now.

Scofield, along with Sambraillo, Stephenson, Latimer, and Norwood...if any of these dudes survive to next year, Kubes and rest of his offensive staff should be fired on the spot. Norwood should be gone tonight.

Comment

Working...
                            X