Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    Offense needs a alpha type coach to teach these wimps how to be a man in the NFL player sense of the word. Get a drill instructor if needed.

Tired of these players looking like they are not even trying to block or catch passes on a weekly basis.

Also wonder why Alex Gibbs figured out how to use the RBs to help the OL AND be a check down on plays yet the current coaching staff seems to think it is one way or another. Like the concept of Rb/TE chips as they go out on a passing route is a dead art in Denver or something

Have said this many times but the OL coach needs to go...he has sucked at his job under two Denver Head Coaches now.

Leave a comment:

• drhiii
    replied
    Tomorrow is today. Today is anemic. Kubiak, Semien... between the two of them they have about as much visible passion, emotions, as a gnat. Telling ya... that matters.

Leave a comment:

• QBs win games
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Some still struggle with how we won it all last season. No doubt, our D was the answer to so many questions. #1 in the league! Hey, that's how you win. D can do it! After all, Peyton and company were not getting it done, even if Oz showed some glimpses of talent here and there.

Fast forward.....13 games in. Lets compare high level stats (based on league standing this year vs yearend '15):

Total O

2015 - 16th
    2016 - 25th

Passing

2015 - 14th
    2016 - 19th

Rushing

2015 - 17th
    2016 - 27th

Total D

2015 - 1st
    2016 - 3rd

Passing

2015 - 1st
    2016 - 1st

Rushing

2015 - 3rd
    2016 - 29th

OK.....what stands out? For me, as poor as we thought we were last season, our O was better overall than this season. Never mind Manning, and QB controversy. Never mind, we did not have a hope with that O.....we won it all. And this season we are clearly weaker in run D (which I have discussed in another current thread). But from 3rd in the league to 29th is telling. In fact, with this decline, and the fact our O appears to be even less effective, do we really believe we can repeat??

Well now....on one hand I will be the first not to get too hung up on stats, and especially high level ones. But the run D decline is worrisome. Come playoff time, you can not expect to win regularly with that type of production. You play a strong run team, you may be one and done!

Listen, I get the O issues, albeit, the Oline issue has not been properly attended to in my books. We knew this beforehand, and we really haven't made the best of it. And it's easy to second guess, but I would love to have seen a little more upgrade in that direction. Hey, as for QBs, we also knew what was coming, once we let Oz go. Not that it matters, because he is not lighting it up, and pound for pound, he cost far too much. So yes, we went with the young guns. It's a transition or a slight rebuild, or whatever you want to call it. And in so doing, you have to accept the consequences.

But still, a win tomorrow against a team you want to beat more than any other....will put us right back in the playoff talk. Beating The Pats wakes up everyone else. And as I have elaborated on elsewhere, we have to stop their run game. We can get to Brady otherwise, and limit him to dink and dunk. It still can hurt a bit, but we do have great coverage, and I'll take my chances with that game strategy.

And we still don't know what to expect of our QB, or our backs, or our Oline. But with a win, and with some production from those components.....could this be the turn around? Could this be the beginning of the gel process? Beating The Pats is definitely part of the formula. It will raise our value, but more important, our belief in ourselves. KC and Oakland will have a second or third look before they play us. In fact, we may be those gnarly junk yard dogs who take on anyone, and never back down. But in this case, this dog has the crown, still. That matters too.

Tomorrow gang. Might be that turning point. Might be the beginning of that long ride. Might be the day we look back to. Throw out most of the stats, it all begins anew. Hey, we all know what a loss will likely mean....no need to go there. We are big enough to accept that fate.
    Our offense got worse and so did our defense. That will make ti tough to repeat. Also, our offense is much worse than those numbers a lot of passing yards and TDs came when the game was out of reach against soft zone defenses.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
    It's time to see if this team are contenders or not.
    I Hope we play well.
    With the poor tacklining from players who simply put should know better and younger players either not being ready yet or perhaps not having the skill required to play for a tea who wants a Championship every year....we're in rough shape for tonight.

I also do not think we will see nearly as much of the run game as people think. Unless something major changes Davis is hurt but is slayed to start and Marshall is ruled out. The others who back both up have played so-so but simply lack a ton of in game experience. I expect the Pats to exploit our poor tackling and target players being covered by our LB'S and see how many YAC they get.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
    I Hope we play well.
    Yup. This game will tell us who the Broncos are....are we contenders or not.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I Hope we play well.

Leave a comment:

• haciendadad
    replied
    I'd like to see Kubiak put some urgency on this game and stop being a player's coach. I think everybody needs to step up their game. The slow starts need to stop!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Points given up 2015 = 18.5, 2016 = 18.6 ... virtually the same. Points scored 2015 = 22.2, 2016 = 22.8 ... again very close to the same. TO +/- 2015 = -4, 2016 = +5 ... much better in 2016; we let a couple games get away from us but a +5 is fairly good and typically is a major factor in winning games. NE is +3 ... We will have to win the TO battle tomorrow to win.

Good to know. But I will revert back to the glaring gap in run D, year over year. That was what made our D even more special, given it was clicking in pass and run. IF we can get some improved play in this area, I say we have another good chance to go far.

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Points given up 2015 = 18.5, 2016 = 18.6 ... virtually the same. Points scored 2015 = 22.2, 2016 = 22.8 ... again very close to the same. TO +/- 2015 = -4, 2016 = +5 ... much better in 2016; we let a couple games get away from us but a +5 is fairly good and typically is a major factor in winning games. NE is +3 ... We will have to win the TO battle tomorrow to win.

Let's hope the sleepwalking is over, 4 quarters of inspired play and this is a W!

Leave a comment:

• gtown53
    replied
    The low tonight in Denver will be 4 below zero. The high tomorrow, ......... 29 degrees. This is where we need Trevor Siemian to step up in a way he hasn't so far in his short career.

Remember how Peyton Manning couldn't play in the cold? I was at the Tennessee/Broncos game in 2013 when the high for the day was 11 degrees, and the field was like concrete. You know, when Peyton Manning was 39 of 59 with 4 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, 397 yards, and a 107.8 QB rating. A terrible cold-weather QB. LOL

That's the kind of performance we will need out of Trevor Siemian if the Broncos have any hope of beating the new england patriots.

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied

Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 12-17-2016, 02:09 PM. Reason: had TOs wrong on NE, corrected

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    We need better play from our nt.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    The teams are very similar. Games seem to develop the same way, with slow starting offense with little imagination. Defensively we just never can put teams away and get off the field late in the 4th. I think the biggest difference is our tackling has worsened.
    So in other words, you're kind of digging what we've got going on.

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    The teams are very similar. Games seem to develop the same way, with slow starting offense with little imagination. Defensively we just never can put teams away and get off the field late in the 4th. I think the biggest difference is our tackling has worsened.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Some still struggle with how we won it all last season. No doubt, our D was the answer to so many questions. #1 in the league! Hey, that's how you win. D can do it! After all, Peyton and company were not getting it done, even if Oz showed some glimpses of talent here and there.

Fast forward.....13 games in. Lets compare high level stats (based on league standing this year vs yearend '15):

Total O

2015 - 16th
    2016 - 25th

Passing

2015 - 14th
    2016 - 19th

Rushing

2015 - 17th
    2016 - 27th

Total D

2015 - 1st
    2016 - 3rd

Passing

2015 - 1st
    2016 - 1st

Rushing

2015 - 3rd
    2016 - 29th

OK.....what stands out? For me, as poor as we thought we were last season, our O was better overall than this season. Never mind Manning, and QB controversy. Never mind, we did not have a hope with that O.....we won it all. And this season we are clearly weaker in run D (which I have discussed in another current thread). But from 3rd in the league to 29th is telling. In fact, with this decline, and the fact our O appears to be even less effective, do we really believe we can repeat??

Well now....on one hand I will be the first not to get too hung up on stats, and especially high level ones. But the run D decline is worrisome. Come playoff time, you can not expect to win regularly with that type of production. You play a strong run team, you may be one and done!

Listen, I get the O issues, albeit, the Oline issue has not been properly attended to in my books. We knew this beforehand, and we really haven't made the best of it. And it's easy to second guess, but I would love to have seen a little more upgrade in that direction. Hey, as for QBs, we also knew what was coming, once we let Oz go. Not that it matters, because he is not lighting it up, and pound for pound, he cost far too much. So yes, we went with the young guns. It's a transition or a slight rebuild, or whatever you want to call it. And in so doing, you have to accept the consequences.

But still, a win tomorrow against a team you want to beat more than any other....will put us right back in the playoff talk. Beating The Pats wakes up everyone else. And as I have elaborated on elsewhere, we have to stop their run game. We can get to Brady otherwise, and limit him to dink and dunk. It still can hurt a bit, but we do have great coverage, and I'll take my chances with that game strategy.

And we still don't know what to expect of our QB, or our backs, or our Oline. But with a win, and with some production from those components.....could this be the turn around? Could this be the beginning of the gel process? Beating The Pats is definitely part of the formula. It will raise our value, but more important, our belief in ourselves. KC and Oakland will have a second or third look before they play us. In fact, we may be those gnarly junk yard dogs who take on anyone, and never back down. But in this case, this dog has the crown, still. That matters too.

Tomorrow gang. Might be that turning point. Might be the beginning of that long ride. Might be the day we look back to. Throw out most of the stats, it all begins anew. Hey, we all know what a loss will likely mean....no need to go there. We are big enough to accept that fate.
    Let's hope so. Winning tomorrow would be huuuuuugggggeeeeee!

By the way, my neighbor just gave me a Peyton Manning SB 50 Champion Christmas Ornament. How cool is that? Wonder if we can channel him tomorrow. Oom, Oom, and whatever the rest of the chant is.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X