Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
    But we still have a chance.
    How about you show me in ways not involving other teams getting the Broncos in, that they have a chance? Let's entertain that for some miracle, we win every game and then every other WC team loses. Fine. Bring this team to the playoffs. Are they going to...learn how to block offensively? Is...the play calling going to get more creative? Will the run game be suddenly revived? What exactly do you think is going to happen if we play in the playoffs? Let's really hash this one through since we all want to fantasize this is a SB team.

We just lost to a playoff caliber team, and have been losing to playoff teams since week 5. So really, what's the point?
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 12-18-2016, 08:01 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
      lol I'm not mad, just laughing at the stuff you write. 'False claim?' okay. that's reaching. I made a mistake on "Playoff season starts now" vs "playoff hunt." Who cares. Move on. The bigger issue is that you seem to not accept the current state of this team and will probably claim all the way until game 16 that we can still win the Superbowl. I'm sure you're out there saying if the Dolphins lose, steelers lose, KC lose, Raiders lose, etc that we're even still going to win the division. Like...get real. Look at this team, the spelling is on the wall that this season ends in 2 weeks.

And that's fine, no one wins the SB all the time, just identify the issues, address them as much as possible, and get ready for next season.
      Broncos have Von, Wolfe, CHJ, Talib, Stewart and Marshall. We should be able to sign Vance Walker to a team friendly contract - at least I hope so. We need a NT to replace Williams. Simmons and Parks are young DBs with potential. Crick has been a solid contributor and we have him signed through 2017. Shane Ray is coming on strong. We have Roby through 2017.

The defense has the potential to be elite next season.

I think we can build around Siemian - Lynch can compete for the job however Siemian shows a lot of potential especially if he has a better line. CJ will return however not sure if he can remain healthy. Booker has potential and this season is giving him experience. If he learns how to read the cutbacks better and square up through the holes he'll be much improved. Bibbs was also showing signs he can run well. Heuerman made some plays tonight - I would not give up on him. Derby, despite the drop has shown he can make an impact. Green has disappointed.

This team can compete with the defense. It will be up to Elway to rebuild the line with the draft and free agency. I'm thinking we need a new OC and line coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
        Defense including TJ Ward held the Patriots to 16 points. That's with Norwood's turnover, Siemian's INT and the offense failing to get a 1st down from the middle of the 2nd quarter through end of the 3rd quarter. The offense had 19 yards in the 3rd quarter.

We're focusing on TJ Ward? Oh my.....
        No, I am focusing on our leaders. Offense, defense, teams. When leaders make decisions that hurt the team, that is a leadership problem. Fans brush it off as "penalties are part of the game." Who is holding them accountable?

New England doesn't make those penalties. Elway says he changed the culture here, but I don't see it. I thought we would be the next New England.

So you and all the others can just keep thinking we just need a better o-line and run stopper and we will be back to a #1 seed and SB contender. We have cultural problems at all levels. Without leaders who hold everyone accountable, we are just a collection of players.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
          No, I am focusing on our leaders. Offense, defense, teams. When leaders make decisions that hurt the team, that is a leadership problem. Fans brush it off as "penalties are part of the game." Who is holding them accountable?

New England doesn't make those penalties. Elway says he changed the culture here, but I don't see it. I thought we would be the next New England.

So you and all the others can just keep thinking we just need a better o-line and run stopper and we will be back to a #1 seed and SB contender. We have cultural problems at all levels. Without leaders who hold everyone accountable, we are just a collection of players.
          You obviously did not see the Titans play last week and today. Their monster Oline won them two games in a row. I don't even know why they threw a single pass against us last week when they could run for 5+ at will.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeFanatic View Post
            You obviously did not see the Titans play last week and today. Their monster Oline won them two games in a row. I don't even know why they threw a single pass against us last week when they could run for 5+ at will.
            LOL - for real!
            They moved our D-line 5 yards off the LOS at the POA on most running plays.

Comment

Working...
            X