Post game rants -- Week 18 -- Patriots and Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post game rants -- Week 18 -- Patriots and Broncos

Will it be possible to fix all the holes in a single off-season?

They need at least 2 competent offensive linemen, a RB if CJ isn't in game shape, at least 2 players for the defensive front 7, another receiving option outside of Sanders/DT, etc. Plenty of holes to fix in 1 off-season IMO.

I'm not a fan of either Siemian or Lynch, but it's a no-brainer to stick with them at their current salaries IMO. I believe it would be foolish to acquire a bigger name at QB(like Romo) and waste salary cap when the team has egregious holes at key positions outside of QB.

Average QB(which is fine for the salary the Broncos are paying)
    2 very good WRs, no other option inside
    Nothing at TE
    1 solid RB coming off an injury/other RBs are bad
    No RBs or WRs that play an explosive role(like the Pats have with Lewis/White or the Chiefs have with Hill)
    1 solid offensive lineman
    3 horrible offensive linemen

There just isn't much talent on the offensive side of the ball for the 2nd consecutive season.

Comment

The Broncos need at least 4 new starters on the O line, a new DE to complement Wolfe, a NT that won't get pushed around, a TE that can catch, a punt & kickoff returner, a new OC and a new ST coordinator.

I would say no they can't get all of that done in 1 off season. I would be fine with fixing the Oline and getting a NT in the off season. Those weaknesses have been glaring in every game.

Comment

Let's look on the bright side folks, at least we did not get stuck with Brock Osweiler's $72 million contract like those foolish Texans! I tell you what though, we need to do a better job in the draft. You can't really hope to maintain long term success via free agents, because eventually that bill comes due.

Comment

They still get pressure with three, SMH

Comment

Originally posted by sendacash View Post
            Let's look on the bright side folks, at least we did not get stuck with Brock Osweiler's $72 million contract like those foolish Texans! I tell you what though, we need to do a better job in the draft. You can't really hope to maintain long term success via free agents, because eventually that bill comes due.
            This is true. The positive regarding Siemian is that his contract is extremely cheap. Although I don't think he'll ever be anything more than decent, he's still great value for his contract.

That Osweiler contract would have crippled the Broncos' future, considering how many holes they currently have.

Comment

Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post
              Average QB(which is fine for the salary the Broncos are paying)
              2 very good WRs, no other option inside
              Nothing at TE
              1 solid RB coming off an injury/other RBs are bad
              No RBs or WRs that play an explosive role(like the Pats have with Lewis/White or the Chiefs have with Hill)
              1 solid offensive lineman
              3 horrible offensive linemen

There just isn't much talent on the offensive side of the ball for the 2nd consecutive season.
              Siemian isn't the problem,when you have a coach that was brought here to fix the offensive line and hasn't done it,it's a problem

Not only is the offensive line is problem the play calling is horrendous...I've seen people on here blame the offensive coordinator for the play calling and yet Kubiak does all the play calling on offense
              I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                Siemian isn't the problem,when you have a coach that was brought here to fix the offensive line and hasn't done it,it's a problem

Not only is the offensive line is problem the play calling is horrendous...I've seen people on here blame the offensive coordinator for the play calling and yet Kubiak does all the play calling on offense
                don't worry, it's just "execution."
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post
                  Will it be possible to fix all the holes in a single off-season?

They need at least 2 competent offensive linemen, a RB if CJ isn't in game shape, at least 2 players for the defensive front 7, another receiving option outside of Sanders/DT, etc. Plenty of holes to fix in 1 off-season IMO.

I'm not a fan of either Siemian or Lynch, but it's a no-brainer to stick with them at their current salaries IMO. I believe it would be foolish to acquire a bigger name at QB(like Romo) and waste salary cap when the team has egregious holes at key positions outside of QB.
                  I agree with this. I hope RT, LT, and LG are all upgraded next year. We might need two DL next year if Walker can't return to form and Williams leaves. A LB to replace Todd Davis is also in order. As far as skill positions, Derby has shown flashes, but also has some critical drops. I think Sunshine can be a decent 3rd WR. Now, assuming Elway fixes the OL in FA, I would love to get a guy like Dalvin Cook. I know it may seem like a luxury pick, but C.J. is unreliable and Booker has looked horrible lately.

In any event, first, priority is OL, then run defense, then RB/TE.

Comment

Here's something to ponder, if the Broncos knew they had issues on their o-line why did they wait until the 5th round of this year's draft to select an o-lineman? And if they did not think there was an issue with this o-line, then don't you think that's even a bigger problem? Seems like the "holes" could extend beyond the playing field if you ask me.

Comment

Fire Dennison...tonight!

It's time to let this guy go.

Bring in someone that knows how to coach an offense.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                      Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                      Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                      Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                      I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

It is not possible to acquire a good O-line. They take years to develop together. We can pick up Interior D-line easily. I just think Elway missed the o line for hrhe past three years.

Comment

Here we go again lol.
                          I believe.

Comment

What did we expect?

A repeat? We had to have some sort of tempered expectations. Mine going in was probably a one and done at best.

What surprised me most, was the horrific play of the o line.

But, in all fairness we should've expected something similar to an 8-8 season. Repeats are very hard to do, especially with a rookie QB.

Just know that JE will address the line this off season. I'm looking forward to siemian behind a tolerant o line.

Comment

Originally posted by sendacash View Post
                              Here's something to ponder, if the Broncos knew they had issues on their o-line why did they wait until the 5th round of this year's draft to select an o-lineman? And if they did not think there was an issue with this o-line, then don't you think that's even a bigger problem? Seems like the "holes" could extend beyond the playing field if you ask me.
                              I don't disagree. While I love Elway and he deserves a ton of credit for building a historic defense that won a SB in an unconventional way(minimal offense), it can't be ignored that he was fully committed to giving Osweiler a giant contract. It makes me question his judgment, to an extent.

Comment

Working...
                              X