No announcement yet.

Post game rants -- Week 18 -- Patriots and Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just read that too. Defense says what we all think every week. Things are getting ugly. Okung was the last person who should have wanted to speak
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
      Well it's a week before Christmas and call me a bleeding heart but, I wouldn't want to see anyone lose their job like that right now.
      And would it even make a difference? I kind of doubt it.

A Dennison firing would maybe make some people feel better but, all it accomplishes is providing a scape goat. That's it.
      It's not really a scapegoat if Dennison really is the problem. Elway isn't one for brash decisions or caving to fan pressure. He's got his thumb in the pulse of this team and knows who isn't pulling his weight. So any move he makes will probably be for the best.

Also, before xmas? I don't really care, these guys are all rich enough to retire tomorrow if they wanted to. More time at home might actually be a blessing for them at this point especially if their heart isn't in it and the team is suffering because of it.
      sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
      Sig by: MHS

Comment

• The way the game started, I was nervous, as I always am playing @ Denver. Then Brady couldn't get anything going in the first quarter, but I was very happy with the Patriots defense. I always worry about the defense, then I look and they have allowed fewer points than the rest of the NFL. I think they still have their best ball yet to play and that makes me feel good going into the playoffs.

I didn't accept the W until the clock read 0:00. Strange things happen in Denver to Brady. I'm just glad we got out of there. Will be rooting for you guys vs Chiefs and Raiders. Who knows what BB is going to do @ Miami. If he has the #1 locked up, I don't expect him to try, and that would not be good for you guys.

Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
          I don't even know if that will solve the problem. I suspect we have Dennison because he won't get in Kubiak's way or argue for playcalling. Kubiak may not stand for having his guy fired and another brought in for this reason
          What's Kubiak going to do about it? If his offense doesn't work, it doesn't work; and if Elway makes that determination then Kubiak needs to do what's best for this team and take a step back.

This is just a speculation of course because we don't know all the ins and outs of what's going wrong here, but I bet Elway does and if Dennison is a big part of that problem then Kubiak can learn to work with a different OC or he can kick bricks.
          sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
          Sig by: MHS

Comment

• Before I'd become a cheerleader for firing anyone I'd have an idea who their replacement might be. I can't think of anyone better than the guys we have. This season was like a dose of smelling salts and I would think the seasons to come will be better.
            sigpic

Comment

• We were tied this week, but we were the WC team based on common opponent factor.

If DEN wins out, MIA loses to BUF and beats Ne? Would that impact something? If MIA beats BUF but loses to NE, I imagine we are still the WC team (being that not much changed last 3 weeks).

Comment

• I can't blame the defense. That's a heroic effort, stopping the Pats to 16 points, while being on the field what seems the equivalent of two games. And then watching your offense go 3 and out time after time, it's too much.
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                  You know any other situation I would agree with your statement but in this situation and IMO the Broncos coaches are stubbornly trying to install the zone blocking scheme that just doesn't work anymore particularly because of the rule changes put fourth that work against it.

They need to go with more of a power blocking scheme if they successfully want to run the ball.
                  They have. Most of their rushing attempts today were angle blocked plays. At this point having tried both and not succeeded with either, having tried multiple backs, you'd have to point to the o-line, they aren't capable of getting it done. That's it. It's not the scheme, because they've changed that, it's the personnel.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinkofLegend View Post

Hard to blame the defense.... we allow 3 TDs the last 3 weeks and are 1-2.... offense scored 13 points last 2 games.... Fowler selfishly races for a TD (instead of not scoring so we can burn the clock) so we lose vs KC.

Today was a disgrace on coaching and playcalling.... not attempting a 55 harder (not calling a better play in that third down).... not going for it at end of first half....

Calling Bad plays in the red zone.... sticking with Norwood and using Booker....

Then DT drops 2 huge passes, the TEs dropping easy catches....

OL couldn't block 3 man rushes in the second half....

Defense gets into a brawl last week with HD, and the offensive captain goes out and exchanged a jersey with the guy.... says he wasn't aware about the fight.... clueless.... then drops 2 balls (cost Broncos at least 6 points).

If not for the dT drops, it's at least 16-9 and DEN has a shot to tie it.

Comment

• The defense is a fiery bunch and we are lucky to have them. The offense is a bunch of scrubs and deserves the criticism.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                        I can't blame the defense. That's a heroic effort, stopping the Pats to 16 points, while being on the field what seems the equivalent of two games. And then watching your offense go 3 and out time after time, it's too much.
                        It really was heroic. Even after losing Malik Jackson, still the best defense in the NFL.

Comment

• Defense is totally in the right to call out the weak ass offense.

Comment

• "I definitely understand their frustration," Okung told NFL.com. "They played well enough to win, and they held that team to 16 points, which a lot of teams don't do. We're an emotional team; that's what makes us so good. To me, that's part of who we are.

"When our defense is out there, they're an emotional group, and they hold themselves to a high standard. As an offense, we need to do the same. So, I think (their frustration) is warranted. We've got to be better."

Stunning to hear Okung say, "that's what makes us so good." Newsflash Russell.....you and the offense are not good. Stop saying you've got to be better and play well for one game.....start by blocking without holding.

I'm glad Talib objected.....

Comment

• Earlier in the half, when we were backed up near our GL, TS was asked to throw a quick out to the far side of the field.... it took forever to get there.... I thoughttfor sure it was a pick 6....

To as TS to make that throw again on third down in the red zone was asinine.... and still that wasn't even as dumb as it was throwing it to Booker on third down when we were in the ref zone.

Coaches have no clue how to get DT or ES the ball in the ref zone.... they don't feature Sunshine as our third option.... they continue to run the same nonsense, despite it failing each week.

Do we really need to see Booker run the ball again this season on second or third and short?

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                                Hard to blame the defense.... we allow 3 TDs the last 3 weeks and are 1-2.... offense scored 13 points last 2 games.... Fowler selfishly races for a TD (instead of not scoring so we can burn the clock) so we lose vs KC.

Today was a disgrace on coaching and playcalling.... not attempting a 55 harder (not calling a better play in that third down).... not going for it at end of first half....

Calling Bad plays in the red zone.... sticking with Norwood and using Booker....

Then DT drops 2 huge passes, the TEs dropping easy catches....

OL couldn't block 3 man rushes in the second half....

Defense gets into a brawl last week with HD, and the offensive captain goes out and exchanged a jersey with the guy.... says he wasn't aware about the fight.... clueless.... then drops 2 balls (cost Broncos at least 6 points).

If not for the dT drops, it's at least 16-9 and DEN has a shot to tie it.
                                Hold on now, with the amount of time left and putting the team up by 8, there's nothing wrong with scoring there. The problem was the defense decided to stop playing at that point, allowing the Chefs to drive the field twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X