Post game rants -- Week 18 -- Patriots and Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
    We are going to need a lot of help to get in. KC, Miami, Baltimore, and Tennessee are all ahead of us.
    KC has Denver with a better divisional record. I believe a Baltimore, Tennessee, and Miami losses. Was trying to be optimistic, but looks like it's all but over.

Comment

We will be lucky if we are able to win a playoff game.

It could happen with this defense but it definitely will not happen twice in a row

Would rather start focusing on 2017 as this offense may be the worst even fielded in Bronco history
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

The offense has been weak for a long time...IMO going on three head coaches. Some could argue four.

Apparently there is no leadership on this team able to get these offensive players to grow a pair
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

May have to pick against the Broncos

I picked the Saints against the Broncos and somehow missed that one. Then I said I wouldn't pick against them again but after today when the Broncos played well enough to win, but dumb enough to lose, I'll have to pick against them twice more in order to have a chance at winning any of the pot in our Football Frenzy Pickem' contest. Bah, just certain plays called, poorly executed plays, and/or plus dumb penalties that have cost the Broncos a winning season, not to mention a repeat.

Comment

I don't feel any sense of heart or leadership on offense. Lack of focus, dropped passes, getting dominated on the line, no sense of team. I don't feel like they play as a team. It's almost like they've been sleep walking.

The defense is a different animal. They want to be great. They want to be the best. They play with heart and urgency.

But they've been put in a bad position. They are on the field a lot. And they're asked to do a lot. And I wonder if they're pissed off about it or if it's caused problems internally. I hope it's not causing some fracture.
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

You can forget about the playoffs....
              sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Leadership cannot make a player more talented than he is or fit a sheme he might not be suited to. We might have a leadership problem, I don't know, I haven't heard even rumors, but we definitely have a talent problem and/or a scheme problem.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                  I don't feel any sense of heart or leadership on offense. Lack of focus, dropped passes, getting dominated on the line, no sense of team. I don't feel like they play as a team. It's almost like they've been sleep walking.

The defense is a different animal. They want to be great. They want to be the best. They play with heart and urgency.

But they've been put in a bad position. They are on the field a lot. And they're asked to do a lot. And I wonder if they're pissed off about it or if it's caused problems internally. I hope it's not causing some fracture.
                  The offense does lack leadership, no doubt. That goes hand in hand with their age/talent though. We have a bunch of young players on offense who are not ready to be in a leadership role...... and the vast majority are nowhere near good enough to be respected leaders.

Comment

Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                    We need to win out.
                    Miami will need to lose to either NE or @ Buffalo
                    Tennessee will need to lose to either jax or Houston.
                    I was wondering if Miami wins at Buffalo, if the Patriots would purposely lose so Miami gets the wildcard spot instead of Denver.

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    We will be lucky if we are able to win a playoff game.

It could happen with this defense but it definitely will not happen twice in a row

Would rather start focusing on 2017 as this offense may be the worst even fielded in Bronco history
                    I would rather lose a playoff game then not make it there at all. Anything can happen and wildcard teams can make a run.

Comment

Bal needs to lose to PIT or CIN

And MIA needs to lose to BUF or NE

And TEN needs to lose to JAX or HOU

AND DEN needs to beat both KC and OAK

I'm confident MIA and BAL will lose a game. I'm not sure TEN will.

Comment

It's the same darn thing every week. The team is getting worse. The fact that there are fumbles after, you know, after last week's fumbles proves nobody cares.
                        sigpic

Comment

Everybody take a breath...

When you're at the top there's nowhere to go but down. We backed into the playoffs last year, we might again. I love this team!
                          [sigpic

Comment

The defense cares, but I think they are like us all and just disgusted with this pathetic offense. It must be so frustrating to play so hard to hold teams to few points only to see the offense puke, time after time. And, after holding NE to a 3 and out on the first series, to see Norwood (who should never return punts) turn the ball over and have to go right back on the field has to be eye poking frustrating. That set the tempo for the rest of the game.

The offense and special teams have gotten no better after 14 weeks. Something is terribly wrong and changes have to be made before next season.

Comment

I think Miami loses at Buffalo. I'm more worried about Tennessee winning out and getting in with the tie breaker over us. This is all moot if we don't win out.

Comment

I am still happy we won last year

Really did think the offense would be better. I realize the offense is young.

This OL coach has been responsible for three horrible OL performances under the last two head coaches.

I would fire him as soon as the team got to Denver.

Also need to take a good long hard look on how offensive players are drafted and developed.

IMO we need a seriously Alpha type coach on offense to whip these whimpy ball dropping poor blocking offensive players into manhood.

Comment

Working...
                                X