I support Aqib - Team Dissention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I support Aqib - Team Dissention

There's a report that the defense is hot headed about the offense not pulling their weight for this organization. Of course, we are not in the locker room- but it sounds like guys like Talib, CHJ and Ward are vocalizing some dissatisfaction with the offensive unit...

This is football- anybody who says "you can't know this validity of this report because your not in the locker room" - that's naive. Of course the defense is dissatisfied, they are entitled to that based on their performance.

This is the sort of stuff that happens in the locker room. Careers, passion, money, legacy is all on the line here- we've got one of the best defense units in history lately- even with our inability to stop the rush we still preform outlandish stuff like holding the PATS to 16 points on a day where our offense and special teams seem to take every opportunity to hand the ball over. THIS DEFENSE is ridiculous. The heart and soul of this thing Talib, CHJ, Ward- if they are upset and voicing passions, I am with them.

I've not been been the biggest Talib fan, he's the guy you hate to love- the guy who makes you feel bad watching him cheap shot another team... but he's our guy, he sticks up for our team... he's got passion. Last week sticking up for CHJ in the way everybody wanted to see happen. When Von Miller says Talib is the heart and soul of the D- it is what it is.

If Talib is on the hot seat with coach for calling out the offensive unit, coach is in the wrong. Got to look in the mirror and be accountable. If Talib is out of Denver next year... it's the WRONG direction for this organization.

Talib is the leader of the defense, which has been echoed by several Broncos. It would be foolish to get rid of him, despite any off-field issues.

Comment

Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post
      Talib is the leader of the defense, which has been echoed by several Broncos. It would be foolish to get rid of him, despite any off-field issues.
      Some off field issues do trump talent. Talib is damn lucky he didn't end up like Sean Taylor after foolishly shooting himself in the leg.

Comment

Ward should never be saying anything to anyone, he's been Denver's worst defender, by far, this season. If he's not missing a tackle then he's providing poor coverage. Today he stupidly throws Edelman down and then gets up flexing like a big man, directly towards the official who was throwing the flag because of his stupidity.

You replace Ward and Todd Davis and the run defense with average to slightly below average players and the run defense improves considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          Ward should never be saying anything to anyone, he's been Denver's worst defender, by far, this season. If he's not missing a tackle then he's providing poor coverage. Today he stupidly throws Edelman down and then gets up flexing like a big man, directly towards the official who was throwing the flag because of his stupidity.

You replace Ward and Todd Davis and the run defense with average to slightly below average players and the run defense improves considerably.
          Well, certainly Jackson and Trevathan haven't been replaced properly. Do you think either Parks or Simmons could take over for Ward?

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
            Well, certainly Jackson and Trevathan haven't been replaced properly. Do you think either Parks or Simmons could take over for Ward?
            Parks would have to be the guy, because he's more of a strong safety, I think Simmons is a free safety. If they did move on from Ward (which they should) I wouldn't be shocked to see them move Stewart to Strong Safety and Simmons to Free Safety.

All last year and in the offseason I would say how Trevethan was just a guy and not special, I stand corrected. They miss him big time. On New England's first two big runs today Davis didn't do his job on either. The first one he ran passed the play, and you could see him leaving the gap to go to his right just as the RB was hitting the LOS, it wasn't any sort of cutback, he just did the wrong thing and took himself out of position. On the next play, he just stood there watching, the RB was passed the LOS when the o-lineman got onto him 5 yards away from he LOS, Davis just stood there waiting to get blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Ward has had a bad season, no arguing with that

Comment

I don't support the secondary here. They aren't helping the team win by trying to humiliate offensive players. This is Talib being Talib. He is just an angry, volatile person who is probably going to end up arrested again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                  I don't support the secondary here. They aren't helping the team win by trying to humiliate offensive players. This is Talib being Talib. He is just an angry, volatile person who is probably going to end up arrested again soon.
                  Should we coddle and give the offensive players participation trophies to make them feel better? These are grown men. They are failing miserably. If it hadn't been vocalized yet I'm glad it is now. This is a team game and one side of the ball isn't giving the team an effort it deserves.
                  sigpic

Comment

The offense had no business even trying to speak up. Okung had yet another drive killing penalty and is the week link. Kubiaks play calling was the worst I have ever seen. Elway wants the team to go down kicking and screaming, but I don't see any of that out of Kubiak. He abandoned the run that was working. I am starting to wonder if Kubiak is the right coach.
                    sigpic

Comment

+1 for team Talib
                      Last edited by OrangeFanatic; 12-18-2016, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                        The offense had no business even trying to speak up. Okung had yet another drive killing penalty and is the week link. Kubiaks play calling was the worst I have ever seen. Elway wants the team to go down kicking and screaming, but I don't see any of that out of Kubiak. He abandoned the run that was working. I am starting to wonder if Kubiak is the right coach.
                        Our run game worked for like 2 plays. It then disappeared just as it has all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                          Should we coddle and give the offensive players participation trophies to make them feel better? These are grown men. They are failing miserably. If it hadn't been vocalized yet I'm glad it is now. This is a team game and one side of the ball isn't giving the team an effort it deserves.
                          This isn't about coddling the o-line. They are terrible and they know it. This is about Talib dividing the room at the very time we need to be reborn as a whole team.

If I thought Talib's outburst would help us get into the playoffs, I would be all for it. But it should have been vocalized after the KC loss. And ironically that loss was on the defense for blowing an 8-point lead in the final minute.

Or another time to vocalize would have been last week after Tennessee. The leaders on this team missed the opportunity to be reborn as a whole team. And now they are too late to make a difference. So that is why I don't support Talib.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                            This isn't about coddling the o-line. They are terrible and they know it. This is about Talib dividing the room at the very time we need to be reborn as a whole team.

If I thought Talib's outburst would help us get into the playoffs, I would be all for it. But it should have been vocalized after the KC loss. And ironically that loss was on the defense for blowing an 8-point lead in the final minute.

Or another time to vocalize would have been last week after Tennessee. The leaders on this team missed the opportunity to be reborn as a whole team. And now they are too late to make a difference. So that is why I don't support Talib.
                            It's just unrealistic for this defense to win every single game... sure, they blew the KC loss... football happens, KC is good. For the last two seasons, every single game that Denver won it's been because our defense has kept the game close and the offense has done "just enough" to score more points than the opponent's who regularly get suffocated and turn the ball over to Denver.

When was the last time this offense won the team again?

I mean really, won us a game in a shoot out? It's been since 2014 when Manning was wrecking people.

Comment

I absolutely think its warranted to light a fire under the offenses tail end. The D has been carrying this team the past two years. How long are they supposed to squander this special unit with sub par offense? This has began back in 2015 / late 2014.

Comment

Working...
                              X