Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Siemian -an opposing fans perspective

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Siemain is hard to honestly judge right now. It's rare a QB will find a perfect environment to allow them to excel to their full potential. Put that same QB in an extremely bad offense and it's hard to expect him to stand out for good reasons.

    Some of the already mentioned issues:
    • Lack of run game (putting it mildly) which the offense is built on (losing our FB didn't help either)
    • Poor blocking
    • Timely drops


    Add that to a first year QB who does not have the experience of seasoned vet it's easy to understand why Siemian can be up and down. How much would you trust the line being one of the most hit QBs in the league?

    Gil BrandtVerified account 9:35 AM - 14 Dec 2016
    ‏@Gil_Brandt
    Broncos have 100 QB hits this season (7.7 per game). That's the highest per-game average since the stat was first tracked in 2000.
    It's easy to understand why he would struggle with his reads.

    Throw in conservative play calling that plays to the opponents favor than it does to our offense, it says the coaches do not trust Siemian. I get that to a degree but, like Schofield on an island against Mack last year vs. the Raiders, no changes were made to help - so nothing evident seems done to help Siemian. Why can't we mix it up, run no huddle some more, more plays from shot gun, something that will give pause to the defense - or since they can easily rush with only three men, give Siemian an extra second?

    I can't say if Siemian will ever be elite or just an average journeyman, but it's safe to say without some changes with the offense, we may never know what he can be or is with this offense.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by QBs win games View Post
      Oh OP I bet you love some Semian. He gave your team a rare win in Denver scoring only 3 points despite the broncos defense completely shutting terrific Tom down. And good old pet project Semian had a 0% 3rd down conversion rate in the second half at home. I would bet you and other patriots fans hope Kubiak rolls with this next version of the texans QBs the patriots always had fun knocking them out of the playoffs due to no QB that could compete with Brady.

      The patriots love them some Trevor "Kyle Orton" Semian.

      I bet raider, chiefs and charger fans feel the same.
      Funny! Will it be time for Romo next year? Put him on the traveling gypsy show. The Texans took (pirated) Osweiler away to do just what is happening. Dog eat dog, no touchyfeely bull, but would good ole Hollywood Brock really been worth it in Denver?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Rastic View Post
        Siemain is hard to honestly judge right now. It's rare a QB will find a perfect environment to allow them to excel to their full potential. Put that same QB in an extremely bad offense and it's hard to expect him to stand out for good reasons.

        Some of the already mentioned issues:
        • Lack of run game (putting it mildly) which the offense is built on (losing our FB didn't help either)
        • Poor blocking
        • Timely drops


        Add that to a first year QB who does not have the experience of seasoned vet it's easy to understand why Siemian can be up and down. How much would you trust the line being one of the most hit QBs in the league?



        It's easy to understand why he would struggle with his reads.

        Throw in conservative play calling that plays to the opponents favor than it does to our offense, it says the coaches do not trust Siemian. I get that to a degree but, like Schofield on an island against Mack last year vs. the Raiders, no changes were made to help - so nothing evident seems done to help Siemian. Why can't we mix it up, run no huddle some more, more plays from shot gun, something that will give pause to the defense - or since they can easily rush with only three men, give Siemian an extra second?

        I can't say if Siemian will ever be elite or just an average journeyman, but it's safe to say without some changes with the offense, we may never know what he can be or is with this offense.
        By the same token he has the PFF graded best defense in the league and an easy schedule playing a lot of bad defenses. He is a rookie but shouldn't we expect a lot more? A 3.8% TD percentage is even below game manager standards and scoring points is the QB's job (scoring drives that turn into points).

        What happens when our defense is 10th or even 20th ranked? You can make the oline better and running game but any QB would do well with a top ranked defense, solid running game and oline. Ryan Leaf would do well with those condtions...

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by MDN1959 View Post
          Funny! Will it be time for Romo next year? Put him on the traveling gypsy show. The Texans took (pirated) Osweiler away to do just what is happening. Dog eat dog, no touchyfeely bull, but would good ole Hollywood Brock really been worth it in Denver?
          I am not even sure Kubiak with will work with a franchise caliber QB. Brock leaving Denver was the best thing that happened to this franchise in a long time.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by QBs win games View Post
            By the same token he has the PFF graded best defense in the league and an easy schedule playing a lot of bad defenses. He is a rookie but shouldn't we expect a lot more? A 3.8% TD percentage is even below game manager standards and scoring points is the QB's job (scoring drives that turn into points).

            What happens when our defense is 10th or even 20th ranked? You can make the oline better and running game but any QB would do well with a top ranked defense, solid running game and oline. Ryan Leaf would do well with those condtions...
            There is no by the same token. I simply said, and stand by it, that he's hard to pin down because of how bad the offense is on so many levels. Our defense has nothing to do with how poor the offense is playing and if they play better or worse, it makes not difference that the offense struggles to score. Win or lose, the offense is what it is.

            Comment


            • #36
              Don't know why the Broncos abandon the run game so quickly. Last year CJ's best quarter was the 4th??? We need help?? the defense is working their tails off every game. I feel sorry for them.

              Comment


              • #37
                I think he should be our future franchise QB over Lynch

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by QBs win games View Post
                  Oh OP I bet you love some Semian. He gave your team a rare win in Denver scoring only 3 points despite the broncos defense completely shutting terrific Tom down. And good old pet project Semian had a 0% 3rd down conversion rate in the second half at home. I would bet you and other patriots fans hope Kubiak rolls with this next version of the texans QBs the patriots always had fun knocking them out of the playoffs due to no QB that could compete with Brady.

                  The patriots love them some Trevor "Kyle Orton" Semian.

                  I bet raider, chiefs and charger fans feel the same.
                  So you blame a 2nd year, 7th round draft pick for the Broncos woes. A guy making short money compared to say a Thomas who is making top WR money and dropping easy passes or passes that are hard but a WR should make? That's interesting aren't he and Sanders suppose be the ELITE duo at WR? Also I heard Sanders whining that he "wasn't shut down that anyone can play deep cover 2" well then why didn't they adapt the play calling so he went under said coverage? Oh wait that's also on the Young QB.

                  Or wait maybe that Young QB at fault for that O line of 5 giving up pressure in under two seconds on a three man rush!

                  Or it's his fault when he DOES recognize a 3 man rush and audibles to a run but the run still only gets 2-3 yards.

                  You sound like a Bills fan, everything is the QBs fault. I mean there isn't like 10 other players on the field and an OC involved.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    This is like Thanksgiving Dinner all over again. For years, this debate will live on until we get a good o-line and then we can see what any QB can do.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by QBs win games View Post
                      By the same token he has the PFF graded best defense in the league and an easy schedule playing a lot of bad defenses. He is a rookie but shouldn't we expect a lot more? A 3.8% TD percentage is even below game manager standards and scoring points is the QB's job (scoring drives that turn into points).

                      What happens when our defense is 10th or even 20th ranked? You can make the oline better and running game but any QB would do well with a top ranked defense, solid running game and oline. Ryan Leaf would do well with those condtions...
                      Let's take a look at what the difference between our current team and our championship team from last year.

                      Statistic 2015 Broncos 2016 Trevor Siemian
                      QB Completion Percentage 60.7% 61.3%
                      Yards per Attempt 6.96 7.24
                      Yards per Game 263.5 251.0
                      Touchdowns 19 16
                      Interceptions 23 8
                      Sacks 39 31
                      QB Rating 76.3 88.1
                      3rd Down Percentage 35.27% 34.92%
                      Rushing Yards per Attempt 4.18 3.59
                      Rushing Yards per Game 107.4 90.8
                      Rushing Touchdowns 13 8
                      Field Goals 30 22
                      Points per Game 22.2 22.0
                      To me, the major differences I see are less turnovers and a less efficient run game. Trevor is performing better than our QB situation from last year, which netted us a 12-4 record and home field advantage in the playoffs. Our pass game seems to be better than last year, and our run game seems to be worse, yet we're relying a bit more on the run this year than last.

                      Personally, I'd like to see what the kid could do with some offensive line improvements.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
                        Let's take a look at what the difference between our current team and our championship team from last year.

                        Statistic 2015 Broncos 2016 Trevor Siemian
                        QB Completion Percentage 60.7% 61.3%
                        Yards per Attempt 6.96 7.24
                        Yards per Game 263.5 251.0
                        Touchdowns 19 16
                        Interceptions 23 8
                        Sacks 39 31
                        QB Rating 76.3 88.1
                        3rd Down Percentage 35.27% 34.92%
                        Rushing Yards per Attempt 4.18 3.59
                        Rushing Yards per Game 107.4 90.8
                        Rushing Touchdowns 13 8
                        Field Goals 30 22
                        Points per Game 22.2 22.0
                        To me, the major differences I see are less turnovers and a less efficient run game. Trevor is performing better than our QB situation from last year, which netted us a 12-4 record and home field advantage in the playoffs. Our pass game seems to be better than last year, and our run game seems to be worse, yet we're relying a bit more on the run this year than last.

                        Personally, I'd like to see what the kid could do with some offensive line improvements.
                        SA - how DARE you use stats and logic!
                        (Humor intended)
                        Our Offense doesn't even pass the eye test. The D is great; just not as great as last year. We miss a great NT and Danny Trevathian.
                        The offense is a head scratcher... Isn't Denver supposed to be getting back to running the ball and playing great D?
                        Kind of hard to do that if you only hand the ball off 12 times a game...

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Broncodoodle View Post
                          SA - how DARE you use stats and logic!
                          (Humor intended)
                          Our Offense doesn't even pass the eye test. The D is great; just not as great as last year. We miss a great NT and Danny Trevathian.
                          The offense is a head scratcher... Isn't Denver supposed to be getting back to running the ball and playing great D?
                          Kind of hard to do that if you only hand the ball off 12 times a game...
                          I agree completely. However, many of the reason we see the run, run, pass, punt formula so often is that our running game is very ineffective early on. Eventually we have to do something to get a rhythm going. I think the problem is we can't seem to block our guys long enough to open any holes. The most frustrating sequences I see are an 8 or 9 yard pass on first down followed by two stuffed runs leading to a punt. When we can't pick up 2 yards on 2 consecutive plays that tells me that it's likely poor OL play.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Jim Benoit View Post
                            That's depends who is the coach instead? If you put Trevor say in NE,. Yes if not better than he did this year. But you put him on say Cleveland , He'll no since they are clueless.

                            OR if it's a different coach in Denver, that depends on the coach.

                            That's unfair,because the main problem in Cleveland is that they lack experience on both sides of the ball.They're the second youngest team and have the most young players starting in the league.

                            It's basically an expansion team,because they had to get rid of all the poor players that got drafted by the previous regimes and on top of that the owner thinks he's Jerry Jones without the rings.

                            Let me remind you that,Mike Petitine and Ray Farmer(the last coach and GM) wanted to get Derek Carr,but got overruled by the owner to draft Manziel

                            With that said,I get what you were saying and I think Hue Jackson can turn it around..
                            I support Kaepernick 100%

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                              This is like Thanksgiving Dinner all over again. For years, this debate will live on until we get a good o-line and then we can see what any QB can do.
                              Gotta say I've been digging some of your posts lately. You have a dry sense of humor that cracks me up. :thumb:
                              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                                Not to be a naysayer but you are stating if you give an NFL QB a really good o-line protection , a run game and chemistry with his receivers he can be successful? Doesn't that apply to every one of them? What separates the good QBs from the average is the ability to overcome the the myriad of things that can go wrong in a game.

                                Just about every QB to make it in the NFL has the talent to be there. There is a long list of QBs that "under the right situation" can be a starter. Siemian is getting his chance to run a horrible offense because the Broncos had no other choice once they backed themselves into a corner, not because he is the preferred QB.

                                Siemian is a a wonderful story of overcoming the odds and apparently a really nice young man.. He is even a decent competent QB in the NFL. His family should be proud. I just do not see the long term faith some of you are giving him.

                                Maybe it is my own misguided bias, but I am still seeing a limited journeyman QB in Siemian. His play yesterday was indicative of what we have seen all year long except on a few occasions. Uninspired. Do not get me wrong, not blaming all the offensive issues on him, just not ready to anoint him the continued starter based on this season.

                                I will not be surprised to see him have a long career as a backup "looking for his next great opportunity to start. Add him to the long list of marginal QBs like Hoyer, A. Davis, Sanchez or Fitzpatrick. Give it five years and a couple of teams hoping to see the QB that "won games in Denver". Siemian will fit right in on that list.
                                Question Tim, would you say he's earned a chance to start next year based on this season or roll the dice with Lynch?

                                I think he's more than earned a shot to start next year. Maybe even plummer cutler situation happened. If the talent is improved and say by week 7 we sitting 2-4 3-3 maybe you make the switch but I don't want to throw Siemien to the wolves. He's a solid Qb in my opinion I mean I see glimpses of a quality starter so I'd want to see him lead the offense next year to start see what an off season does for him.
                                :go:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X