X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Benoit
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Not to be a naysayer but you are stating if you give an NFL QB a really good o-line protection , a run game and chemistry with his receivers he can be successful? Doesn't that apply to every one of them? What separates the good QBs from the average is the ability to overcome the the myriad of things that can go wrong in a game.

Just about every QB to make it in the NFL has the talent to be there. There is a long list of QBs that "under the right situation" can be a starter. Siemian is getting his chance to run a horrible offense because the Broncos had no other choice once they backed themselves into a corner, not because he is the preferred QB.

Siemian is a a wonderful story of overcoming the odds and apparently a really nice young man.. He is even a decent competent QB in the NFL. His family should be proud. I just do not see the long term faith some of you are giving him.

Maybe it is my own misguided bias, but I am still seeing a limited journeyman QB in Siemian. His play yesterday was indicative of what we have seen all year long except on a few occasions. Uninspired. Do not get me wrong, not blaming all the offensive issues on him, just not ready to anoint him the continued starter based on this season.

I will not be surprised to see him have a long career as a backup "looking for his next great opportunity to start. Add him to the long list of marginal QBs like Hoyer, A. Davis, Sanchez or Fitzpatrick. Give it five years and a couple of teams hoping to see the QB that "won games in Denver". Siemian will fit right in on that list.
    First I will say NO WB will be good or great without at least an average O line in front of them. Right now IMO the Broncos O line in the bottom 1/3rd of the league.

Also chemistry? I consider that type of mistake being a WR Runs an out when the QB expects a slant not the QB hits THEM on your numbers and THEY drop the football. Drops happen but not as much as they did at least yesterday for Denver.

Running Game, again even Great QBs need the threat of a running game. (3-4 yards a carry) but a young QB needs it even more as they don't have the experience of reading D like a Brady, Rogers, Bree's etc.

IMO Siemiens played as well as any reasnable person would expect. He made one mistake and had numerous easy catches dropped which per experts really screws with a QB confidence.

I'm not saying Siemien is a HOF QB, but I think he is a starting caliber QB.

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I just have one question, would Trevor be as good as he has been without Kubiak???

That is the true question here.
    I don't think there is anything unique about Kubiak's system that would limit Trevor's effectiveness in say, an Erhardt-Perkins system. I even think he could do some read-option from time to time. In fact, his better play has come with more up-tempo, no huddle, more improvisation. That speaks more to his abilities than Kubiak-called plays.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Not to be a naysayer but you are stating if you give an NFL QB a really good o-line protection , a run game and chemistry with his receivers he can be successful? Doesn't that apply to every one of them? What separates the good QBs from the average is the ability to overcome the the myriad of things that can go wrong in a game.

Just about every QB to make it in the NFL has the talent to be there. There is a long list of QBs that "under the right situation" can be a starter. Siemian is getting his chance to run a horrible offense because the Broncos had no other choice once they backed themselves into a corner, not because he is the preferred QB.

Siemian is a a wonderful story of overcoming the odds and apparently a really nice young man.. He is even a decent competent QB in the NFL. His family should be proud. I just do not see the long term faith some of you are giving him.

Maybe it is my own misguided bias, but I am still seeing a limited journeyman QB in Siemian. His play yesterday was indicative of what we have seen all year long except on a few occasions. Uninspired. Do not get me wrong, not blaming all the offensive issues on him, just not ready to anoint him the continued starter based on this season.

I will not be surprised to see him have a long career as a backup "looking for his next great opportunity to start. Add him to the long list of marginal QBs like Hoyer, A. Davis, Sanchez or Fitzpatrick. Give it five years and a couple of teams hoping to see the QB that "won games in Denver". Siemian will fit right in on that list.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    I just have one question, would Trevor be as good as he has been without Kubiak???

That is the true question here.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied
    Siemian is a franchise quarterback on any team willing to give him the tools and support a QB will need to succeed in this league. But even then, he will need time from the front office and patience from the fans. I also believe he's not a great fit for what Kubiak is trying to employ.

Waste of young talent.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Benoit View Post
    Hey I am a pats fan but I must say I was impressed with your Young QB. I felt he played very well considering a few things:

1. Lack of time: it seemed even a 3 man rush was getting to him consistently.

2. Drops - not counting the Thomas drop on that 4th down (that was a great play IMO by McCourty) I saw no less than 7 drops in that game, the worst being the one went right threw the hands of the WR on that bomb. (I want say that was Thomas but I am not sure.)

3. Run Game: or in Denver's case yesterday a lack there of. When they were able to somewhat run (1st quarter) it seemed to buy him some time but when it vanished so did his time.

I would say his play was a solid B+/A- as he really only made one mistake all game. IMO he is a starting caliber QB who just needs be protected better.
    I agree with your assessment. Great post.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Benoit
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    That's mostly the sentiment around here regarding Trevor. He's getting better every snap.

If you've been lurking, a lot of people like to get on TS' case like he's a 10 year vet, but that's bull.
    I lurk a little here but wanted just say I like your young QB. He IMO wasn't the reason for the loss yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• 602BroncoFan
    replied
    Hey I am a pats fan but I must say I was impressed with your Young QB. I felt he played very well considering a few things:

2. Drops - not counting the Thomas drop on that 4th down (that was a great play IMO by McCourty) I saw no less than 7 drops in that game, the worst being the one went right threw the hands of the WR on that bomb. (I want say that was Thomas but I am not sure.)

3. Run Game: or in Denver's case yesterday a lack there of. When they were able to somewhat run (1st quarter) it seemed to buy him some time but when it vanished so did his time.

I would say his play was a solid B+/A- as he really only made one mistake all game. IMO he is a starting caliber QB who just needs be protected better.
    Agreed, he would do even better with protection. He didn't even get a couple seconds on a dang 3 man rush. ...THREE.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied

That's mostly the sentiment around here regarding Trevor. He's getting better every snap.

If you've been lurking, a lot of people like to get on TS' case like he's a 10 year vet, but that's bull.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Benoit
    started a topic Siemian -an opposing fans perspective

Siemian -an opposing fans perspective

Working...
X