X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Benoit View Post
    lol as you know division games always tough no matter what the other teams record is.

I be lying if I said the game still worries me next year is Denver. I think the Pats could beat everyone else handily. Lol
    It does annoy me a little that the Pats get to play in a weak division every year....... but I guess it is what it is.

Our schedule will be tough next year but it always is, we just need to be good enough to handle it. The Chiefs are always a tough team with that D, Oakland have Carr who is getting better and better, and SD have Rivers and a ton of talent... most are on IR who will be back next season.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Benoit
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Every year we seem to get a tough schedule (unlike some teams who I won't mention who have played the Browns, 49'ers, Rams, Jets x 2, etc.......... )

It comes down to the division. The West is always strong so every year its a battle.
    lol as you know division games always tough no matter what the other teams record is.

I be lying if I said the game still worries me next year is Denver. I think the Pats could beat everyone else handily. Lol

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Be interesting see that Dallas game, their strength on O is the weakness (this year) for the Denver D. That's a tough schedule!
    Every year we seem to get a tough schedule (unlike some teams who I won't mention who have played the Browns, 49'ers, Rams, Jets x 2, etc.......... )

It comes down to the division. The West is always strong so every year its a battle.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Benoit
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Nope, its in Denver again -

2017 Regular Season

Home Away

New England Patriots Buffalo Bills

New York Jets Miami Dolphins

Dallas Cowboys Philadelphia Eagles

New York Giants Washington Redskins

AFC North Same Place Finisher AFC South Same Place Finisher

San Diego Chargers (Div.) San Diego Chargers (Div.)

Oakland Raiders (Div.) Oakland Raiders (Div.)

Kansas City Chiefs (Div.) Kansas City Chiefs (Div.)

Good post, generally TS has shown promise for a 1st year starting QB. Its hard to judge him with CJ injured and a terrible OL. We need serious offense investment his off-season in that OL.

It will be interesting to see if we go with TS, Lynch, or even Romo next season.
    Be interesting see that Dallas game, their strength on O is the weakness (this year) for the Denver D. That's a tough schedule!

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    lol I never thought this thread take on such a life of its own. I honestly was just coming here to give your Young QB props.

IMO Denver will be fine Come next year, Oakland caught lightning in a bottle and their schedule next year will be tougher as well, and KC is well KC. (Great regular season then pumpkin in the playoffs.) As long as (IMO) the Broncos fix the Oline somewhat to make it average I see an 11 or 12 win season no matter WHO the QB is. And God next year can we face you guys at the Razor finally lol
    Nope, its in Denver again -

2017 Regular Season

Home Away

New England Patriots Buffalo Bills

New York Jets Miami Dolphins

Dallas Cowboys Philadelphia Eagles

New York Giants Washington Redskins

AFC North Same Place Finisher AFC South Same Place Finisher

San Diego Chargers (Div.) San Diego Chargers (Div.)

Oakland Raiders (Div.) Oakland Raiders (Div.)

Kansas City Chiefs (Div.) Kansas City Chiefs (Div.)

Good post, generally TS has shown promise for a 1st year starting QB. Its hard to judge him with CJ injured and a terrible OL. We need serious offense investment his off-season in that OL.

It will be interesting to see if we go with TS, Lynch, or even Romo next season.

Leave a comment:

• proudbroncsfan
    replied
    lol I never thought this thread take on such a life of its own. I honestly was just coming here to give your Young QB props.

IMO Denver will be fine Come next year, Oakland caught lightning in a bottle and their schedule next year will be tougher as well, and KC is well KC. (Great regular season then pumpkin in the playoffs.) As long as (IMO) the Broncos fix the Oline somewhat to make it average I see an 11 or 12 win season no matter WHO the QB is. And God next year can we face you guys at the Razor finally lol

With a middle of the pack o if they can fix the o line we will definitely be 11 to 12 wins given our likely schedule next year.

As far as where the game will be played it's one more year at mile high based on the scheduling rotation. After that we will see.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied

QB threads tend to take on a life of their own!

Leave a comment:

• onanygivensunda
    replied
    Not sure who said it... maybe it was Gil Brandt... what he/they said (paraphrased) is... It takes about 30 NFL starts to know what you have in a QB.

So far, Siemian has 12 starts so the jury is stil out..... but he looks to be off to a decent start in the games that I have watched.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Benoit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    Question Tim, would you say he's earned a chance to start next year based on this season or roll the dice with Lynch?

I think he's more than earned a shot to start next year. Maybe even plummer cutler situation happened. If the talent is improved and say by week 7 we sitting 2-4 3-3 maybe you make the switch but I don't want to throw Siemien to the wolves. He's a solid Qb in my opinion I mean I see glimpses of a quality starter so I'd want to see him lead the offense next year to start see what an off season does for him.
    Of course Siemian has earned the chance to start next year. If situation remains the same Siemian has the edge as the starter going into off season workouts and camp. He has earned that respect.

That being said, IMO it should be a very open competition too. The preparation and attitude is best man wins between he and Lynch.. Just as I expect from the majority of positions on the field. Does any Olineman or RB have a role locked up next year? Some have advantages and are penciled in but by the start of the season there could be changes. Why not the QB position?

JMO but I do not think that Siemian has proven anything other then he is a competent starter. Far from being the "next Montana or Brady" that many want to fantasize about around here. . Despite all the distractions and poor play around him he has played better then I expected. But still a very average QB talent. Sadly that is the best the Broncos can field at this time.

Siemian has the advantage. If he continues to earn the position then what is the issue. If Lynch surpasses him so be it. My opinion has not changed for the long term. IMO Lynch is the better talent and will surpass Siemian for the starter role. That is not "hating " on Siemian, just my opinion. Same for those that believe in Siemian as the franchise QB. You have your opinion.

As long as one of them steps up and takes charge I am fine with it. Broncos need to solidify the QB position along with the oline. THe instability of both has cost this team a chance to repeat and quite possibly even making the playoffs this year. A waste of a dominant defense.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoyearound
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Not to be a naysayer but you are stating if you give an NFL QB a really good o-line protection , a run game and chemistry with his receivers he can be successful? Doesn't that apply to every one of them? What separates the good QBs from the average is the ability to overcome the the myriad of things that can go wrong in a game.

Just about every QB to make it in the NFL has the talent to be there. There is a long list of QBs that "under the right situation" can be a starter. Siemian is getting his chance to run a horrible offense because the Broncos had no other choice once they backed themselves into a corner, not because he is the preferred QB.

Siemian is a a wonderful story of overcoming the odds and apparently a really nice young man.. He is even a decent competent QB in the NFL. His family should be proud. I just do not see the long term faith some of you are giving him.

Maybe it is my own misguided bias, but I am still seeing a limited journeyman QB in Siemian. His play yesterday was indicative of what we have seen all year long except on a few occasions. Uninspired. Do not get me wrong, not blaming all the offensive issues on him, just not ready to anoint him the continued starter based on this season.

I will not be surprised to see him have a long career as a backup "looking for his next great opportunity to start. Add him to the long list of marginal QBs like Hoyer, A. Davis, Sanchez or Fitzpatrick. Give it five years and a couple of teams hoping to see the QB that "won games in Denver". Siemian will fit right in on that list.
    Question Tim, would you say he's earned a chance to start next year based on this season or roll the dice with Lynch?

I think he's more than earned a shot to start next year. Maybe even plummer cutler situation happened. If the talent is improved and say by week 7 we sitting 2-4 3-3 maybe you make the switch but I don't want to throw Siemien to the wolves. He's a solid Qb in my opinion I mean I see glimpses of a quality starter so I'd want to see him lead the offense next year to start see what an off season does for him.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
    This is like Thanksgiving Dinner all over again. For years, this debate will live on until we get a good o-line and then we can see what any QB can do.
    Gotta say I've been digging some of your posts lately. You have a dry sense of humor that cracks me up. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• assassin216
    replied
    That's depends who is the coach instead? If you put Trevor say in NE,. Yes if not better than he did this year. But you put him on say Cleveland , He'll no since they are clueless.

OR if it's a different coach in Denver, that depends on the coach.

That's unfair,because the main problem in Cleveland is that they lack experience on both sides of the ball.They're the second youngest team and have the most young players starting in the league.

It's basically an expansion team,because they had to get rid of all the poor players that got drafted by the previous regimes and on top of that the owner thinks he's Jerry Jones without the rings.

Let me remind you that,Mike Petitine and Ray Farmer(the last coach and GM) wanted to get Derek Carr,but got overruled by the owner to draft Manziel

With that said,I get what you were saying and I think Hue Jackson can turn it around..

Leave a comment:

• SecondsAway131
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncodoodle View Post
    SA - how DARE you use stats and logic!
    (Humor intended)
    Our Offense doesn't even pass the eye test. The D is great; just not as great as last year. We miss a great NT and Danny Trevathian.
    The offense is a head scratcher... Isn't Denver supposed to be getting back to running the ball and playing great D?
    Kind of hard to do that if you only hand the ball off 12 times a game...
    I agree completely. However, many of the reason we see the run, run, pass, punt formula so often is that our running game is very ineffective early on. Eventually we have to do something to get a rhythm going. I think the problem is we can't seem to block our guys long enough to open any holes. The most frustrating sequences I see are an 8 or 9 yard pass on first down followed by two stuffed runs leading to a punt. When we can't pick up 2 yards on 2 consecutive plays that tells me that it's likely poor OL play.

Leave a comment:

• Broncodoodle
    replied
    Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    Let's take a look at what the difference between our current team and our championship team from last year.

Statistic 2015 Broncos 2016 Trevor Siemian
    QB Completion Percentage 60.7% 61.3%
    Yards per Attempt 6.96 7.24
    Yards per Game 263.5 251.0
    Touchdowns 19 16
    Interceptions 23 8
    Sacks 39 31
    QB Rating 76.3 88.1
    3rd Down Percentage 35.27% 34.92%
    Rushing Yards per Attempt 4.18 3.59
    Rushing Yards per Game 107.4 90.8
    Rushing Touchdowns 13 8
    Field Goals 30 22
    Points per Game 22.2 22.0
    To me, the major differences I see are less turnovers and a less efficient run game. Trevor is performing better than our QB situation from last year, which netted us a 12-4 record and home field advantage in the playoffs. Our pass game seems to be better than last year, and our run game seems to be worse, yet we're relying a bit more on the run this year than last.

Personally, I'd like to see what the kid could do with some offensive line improvements.
    SA - how DARE you use stats and logic!
    (Humor intended)
    Our Offense doesn't even pass the eye test. The D is great; just not as great as last year. We miss a great NT and Danny Trevathian.
    The offense is a head scratcher... Isn't Denver supposed to be getting back to running the ball and playing great D?
    Kind of hard to do that if you only hand the ball off 12 times a game...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X