Playoff Scenarios - Who to cheer for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Scenarios - Who to cheer for

I know we have problems on offense and winning out may seem a long shot at the moment, but this thread is purely to look at ways we can sneak in. Then who knows.

We CAN get in at 9-7 but a TON of unlikely things need to happen, so basically we need to win out. If we need to beat Oakland at home I believe we will. We just need to find a way to win at Arrowhead.

This week the relevant games are -

Miami @ Buffalo / Baltimore @ Pittsburgh - Obviously we want the home teams to win.

If the 2 results go our way then we need either NE to win at Miami OR KC to win at SD

Our game against Oakland is AFTER the NE/Miami game. So if Oakland beat Indy at home this week (and I would expect them to) then NE would lose the #1 seed with a loss and Oakland win, so bottom line is they would have a lot to play for against Miami as long as Oakland win this week.

I don't think Tennessee are relevant. If they have enough wins to match our 10-6 then they win the division due to a week 17 match up against Houston, Houston cannot overtake us for a wildcard.

Obviously you never know how results are going to go in an unpredictable league, but I think if we find a way to win at Arrowhead then there is a good chance we make the #6 seed.

Miami winning this week is not a big problem, it just means we need NE to beat them the week after. We are in trouble if Oakland lose and let NE rest their starters.

got this from bronco wire

At 8-6, the Denver Broncos’ chances of making the 2016 NFL playoffs are slim (17 percent, to be exact). But the Broncos still have a chance.
    Here are some playoff scenarios for Denver:

If Broncos beat Chiefs, the Bills beat the Dolphins and the Steelers beat the Ravens, Denver will become the AFC’s sixth seed after Week 16.

If the Titans beat the Jaguars and the Texans beat*the Bengals next week, Tennessee would be the AFC’s sixth seed. If the Titans lose and the Texans win, Denver would be the AFC’s sixth seed. If the Titans and Texans both win, Denver would be the AFC’s sixth seed entering Week 17.

Here’s who Broncos fans should root for over the next two weeks:

Week 16: Dolphins vs. Bills: Root for Buffalo
    Week 16: Titans vs. Jaguars: Root for Jacksonville
    Week 16: Ravens vs. Steelers: Root for Pittsburgh*

x
    Week 17: Ravens vs. Bengals: Root for Cincinnati*
    Week 17: Texans vs. Titans: Root for Houston
    Week 17: Patriots vs. Dolphins: Root for New England*
    If Denver wins out, it has a 61 percent chance to make the playoffs.
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Tennessee are irrelevant.

Tennessee and Houston are both 8-6. They play each other in week 17. One wins the division and the other finishes 9-7 at best. We need to finish 10-6 to have a realistic shot.

Comment

Should have never come down to this.

Comment

Could have just sured up the O-line and we wouldn't even be discussing this. It isn't Kubs or Dennison..it's the O-line.

And I know everyone is having good fun dancing around about Brock, but let's not forget Mr. Elway (my boyhood idol) did offer him a lot of money to stay, so let's not pretend we are the smartest guys in the room.

What I would do is sure up the O-line next season. Only think we HAVE to do. I would trade Lynch while he still has value (I don't see it), keep Simian and sign Romo and I think we would be the favorites to win the SB.
          Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
            Should have never come down to this.
            It is what it is. We have fought hard with a tough division and schedule, just a shame the O is so terrible. Just gotta keep fighting til the end.

Comment

Originally posted by dshawg1 View Post
              Could have just sured up the O-line and we wouldn't even be discussing this. It isn't Kubs or Dennison..it's the O-line.

And I know everyone is having good fun dancing around about Brock, but let's not forget Mr. Elway (my boyhood idol) did offer him a lot of money to stay, so let's not pretend we are the smartest guys in the room.

What I would do is sure up the O-line next season. Only think we HAVE to do. I would trade Lynch while he still has value (I don't see it), keep Simian and sign Romo and I think we would be the favorites to win the SB.
              We dodged a bullet with Brock and that big contract.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                We dodged a bullet with Brock and that big contract.
                Agreed-but he clearly could be our problem, we BARELY dodged a bullet.

Comment

We are just lucky to even be in the position where we still have a chance to make the playoffs at this point.

We are a missed FG (Panthers) and a blocked XP returned for 2 pts (Saints) from being 6-8 instead of 8-6.
                  Denver Broncos
                  New York Yankees
                  New York Knicks
                  Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

We need to root for the raiders and chiefs so we can get a slightly better draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                      We are just lucky to even be in the position where we still have a chance to make the playoffs at this point.

We are a missed FG (Panthers) and a blocked XP returned for 2 pts (Saints) from being 6-8 instead of 8-6.
                      You could just as easily say we are a Bennie Fowler catch (Titans) and a stopped 2 point conversion (Chiefs) from being 10-4 instead of 8-6.

Comment

Every team in the league win/lose games on a play or 2. The Chiefs have made a season of it.

You just are what you are.

The KC game is huge. Win that and we have a good chance of making the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
                          You could just as easily say we are a Bennie Fowler catch (Titans) and a stopped 2 point conversion (Chiefs) from being 10-4 instead of 8-6.
                          You could also say we should be 6-8 with a field goal miss in week one and a non blocked kick return for a score against the Saints.

Comment

Or if Kubiak would have punted the ball, the game would have probably ended in a tie and we would have a fighting chance.

Comment

Originally posted by dshawg1 View Post
                              Or if Kubiak would have punted the ball, the game would have probably ended in a tie and we would have a fighting chance.
                              You play to win, not to tie at home. I never agree with teams who play scared.

Plus a 62 yarder in Denver is do-able, it was a shocking effort though

Comment

Working...
                              X