Denver can maybe get in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver can maybe get in

Well, obviously I'm hoping to go 10-6, just like everyone else is at this point.

The sad news is that we do NOT control our own destiny and 10-6 does not guarantee us anything. It sure would be sad to win the final 2, only to watch Miami or Pitt take that 6 seed from us. If Pitt takes the 6 seed, that would mean Miami gets the 5 I believe and KC can miss out as well

And we havn't lost in KC since 2010. And we havn't been swept by Oak or KC since 2010 as well. So we have that going for us. I just hope for back to back shutouts, since I don't know if we can score more than 3 points. But IF we only win 1 out of our next 2, there is still a chance

And here is how:

1. Denver beats either KC or Oakland.
    2. Miami loses BOTH games left ( Buffalo, New England)
    3. Baltimore loses BOTH games left ( @ Pitt, @ Cincy)
    4. Houston Texans lose to Cincinnati Bengals week 16
    5. Titans WIN OUT. ( at Jax, Vs Houston)

There are other wild ways we can get in at 9-7, but I believe that is the simplest way to get in at 9-7 and I also believe all that stuff is very possible.

Also, a side note, It'd be nice if Indy could lose 1 of thier next 2. ( @ Oakland , vs Jax).

Because if Indy wins out, and they end up winning the division over the Titans or Texans, we could miss out at 9-7 to them both. Based on conference records, ( if there is multiple teams bunched up at 9-7).

So there are other ways to get in at 9-7, rather than my scenario.

But lets just hope for 10-6, and hope that Pitt beats Balt and Buffalo beats Miami.

8-8 will not get us in. Go Broncos.
    :salute: :goz: :salute:

Do you really want to be in the playoffs with this offense? It is worst than taking a knife to a gun fight.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
      Do you really want to be in the playoffs with this offense? It is worst than taking a knife to a gun fight.
      I agree. I don't want to give up, but if you are going to play the way that they did against NE, they won't last long. The Steelers or Raiders will crucify them in the WC Round if they have to go on the road and play those teams.

Comment

It'd be neat and a nice surprise if they can get in, but I'm not expecting anything. If the Broncos can prove to handle adversity and make it to 10-6 then yeah, they're showing character and grit we hadn't seen the entire season. But really the chances of winning out are slim, not even including whatever is going on with other competing teams to get into the playoffs.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

If we make it in and get blasted who cares, playoff experience is playoff experience no matter how ugly. The offseason is freaking long, let's keep this season going one more week. But I'm weird like that (apparently), I love to watch the broncos whether they look like crap or not for as long as possible.

Comment

10-6 isn't out of the realm of possibility. We did score some against KC and if we can muster some offense against them at home it could happen. Then if the Pats win their last 2 they lock the 1 seed so the Raiders would have the 2 seed win or lose and might let us slip into 10-6. There is the question of whether we really want a WC though. I say yes. One and done beats just done and raises our credibility as strong team in a strong division.
            Last edited by SkyFlash1; 12-21-2016, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Will you as a fan renew season tickets? It's not that the team is struggling, the offense is atrocious and dull. Figured some may be fed up...

As for the playoffs, l just don't see it happening...

Comment

Broncos just need to worry about themselves. Win both games and let the let the chips fall where they will.

I think the Broncos could win both games. I think they could win a playoff game.

Just not very likely the way they are playing on offense. So far they have not fooled anyone and have been outplayed. Not a good combo. But the offense has shown some flashes of competency and the defense is capable of making big plays to flip the field, score points or at the very minimum keep the game close despite the poor offence.

Although I may not be overly optimistic I could care less how they get into the playoffs or how badly it might go even if they do. I will be rooting for it to come together for a couple more games. .

Comment

Do you really want to be in the playoffs with this offense?
                  Yes.

It was supposed to be one and done last season too.
                  sigpic

Comment

Maybe we will get in and our OL coach will magically start to figure out how to coach and our offensive blockers and pass catchers will all the sudden get some mental toughtness and strong will to get their job done

Because if that does not happen and we make the playoffs we just end up with another loss and worst draft position
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                      Yes.

It was supposed to be one and done last season too.
                      One and done to people who did not know our team...in fact some of those people did not even think we would make the playoffs at the end of the season

People actually watching the team learned about week 11 or week 12 that the defense was good enough to carry the team the whole way....it just took the rest of the world to see it happen in the Super Bowl to admit it was possible

This defense is not good enough to carry a Tim Tebowish type offense
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

This. While I would love to see Denver salvage the last two games and somehow get into the playoffs, do we really want to see them get destroyed in the first game??

Comment

The only way they'd have a glimmer of hope in the playoffs is if we saw something new/different with the offense for these last two games (which I think Kubes should try anyway since our chances of getting in are low at this point).
                          I believe.

Comment

at someone asking me if I really want to make the playoffs with this offense. I want to make the playoffs every year. With any offense or any defense. I'd much rather watch my team an extra weekend or 2, as opposed to not watch us at all.
                            :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosPWNn00bs View Post
                              at someone asking me if I really want to make the playoffs with this offense. I want to make the playoffs every year. With any offense or any defense. I'd much rather watch my team an extra weekend or 2, as opposed to not watch us at all.
                              100% agree with this & anybody who doesn't is not a true fan
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X