Gary Kubiak Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChupaThingy View Post
    I'm so thankful for his time with the Broncos as a head coach. I'm even happier that he was able to so masterfully navigate the 2015 season and bring us our third title. What makes me even more happy that he was able to do everything he had in the past two seasons is that he grew up a Bronco, that he landed his dream job with his best friend as his boss, and he took his job and team to the pinnacle of success. Best wishes on all of his future endeavors.

:lombardi:
    Now that it seems that Siemian has failed, Brock needs to perform like he did in 2015 etc, I think it is fair to say that too many did not respect Kubes ability to help QB's mitigate their limitations enough. Plummer was not the same after Kubes left, the corpse of Manning did not like it but Kubes created as much ultimate success in that one season at Peyton had for the rest of his career, and Kubes had Brock look quite promising and he has looked lost elsewhere.

I miss Kubes. He deserves a lot of respect, and you have to wonder if Trevor would have done as poorly with Kubes here!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
      Now that it seems that Siemian has failed, Brock needs to perform like he did in 2015 etc, I think it is fair to say that too many did not respect Kubes ability to help QB's mitigate their limitations enough. Plummer was not the same after Kubes left, the corpse of Manning did not like it but Kubes created as much ultimate success in that one season at Peyton had for the rest of his career, and Kubes had Brock look quite promising and he has looked lost elsewhere.

I miss Kubes. He deserves a lot of respect, and you have to wonder if Trevor would have done as poorly with Kubes here!
      I am sorry but if Kubiak was and is so skilled at the QB position and tailoring an offense to best support a QB then why was our offense so poor last year? Surely Kubiak had some say in players and who we drafted. So why did we miss the post-season? All Kubiak needed to do was get our offense back to mediocre...and he didn't.

I am curious to see what and who we end up drafting in the next draft with his input. I have a pretty open mind but the issue I have as a fan is it is never made public who Kubiak wanted to keep and who he wanted to grab.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
        I am sorry but if Kubiak was and is so skilled at the QB position and tailoring an offense to best support a QB then why was our offense so poor last year? Surely Kubiak had some say in players and who we drafted. So why did we miss the post-season? All Kubiak needed to do was get our offense back to mediocre...and he didn't.

I am curious to see what and who we end up drafting in the next draft with his input. I have a pretty open mind but the issue I have as a fan is it is never made public who Kubiak wanted to keep and who he wanted to grab.
        You do know that Kubiak was struggling with stress and stress induced medical problems, but lets leave that out for now.

How you put in the stipulation "why was our offense so poor last year", it appears to have been quite an achievement to get to 9-7 with the - then less experienced QB room, with CJ lost for the season.... 9-7 was one game out of the playoffs, and if McManus had made that FG in Denver against KC we would have been in.

There is a very good reason that Trevor had people excited due to the performance he had last year while playing injured. Right now our defense is better, our running game is better and the key players that should make this years offense take off are less productive.

Comment

I was one of the few people that was not excited about Trevor after last season. He has all the same issues now that he did last year it’s just that teams are better at exploiting them. He folded down the stretch last year in very similar fashion only difference is he started folding in week 4 instead of week 14.

Comment

Kubz was OK, probably better than what we have now.

I miss Wade -- our D would be even better, giving up less yards and big plays and producing turnovers if he was here.

I do NOT miss Dennison though. Our O struggled badly and the play calling was very uncreative and predictable last season especially. McCoy was supposed to be an upgrade but so far I'm not impressed with him either.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
            2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
              Kubz was OK, probably better than what we have now.

I miss Wade -- our D would be even better, giving up less yards and big plays and producing turnovers if he was here.

I do NOT miss Dennison though. Our O struggled badly and the play calling was very uncreative and predictable last season especially. McCoy was supposed to be an upgrade but so far I'm not impressed with him either.
              There should be different schemes and different game plans with a different QB. Hopefully it's better.

Comment

Going to close the thread.

He is no longer with us. And an "Appreciation" thread should only contain positives. Discussions of pros and cons should be in another thread.

Thanks for understanding.
                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                  Going to close the thread.

He is no longer with us. And an "Appreciation" thread should only contain positives. Discussions of pros and cons should be in another thread.

Thanks for understanding.
                  I was nicely reminded that Kubiak is still with us.

The rest still stands, though.
                  Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

It would be great if he came back as the offensive coordinator

Comment

If Kubiak doesn't want to be HC then let's just have Wade be the HC and have Kubiak be OC

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                        If Kubiak doesn't want to be HC then let's just have Wade be the HC and have Kubiak be OC
                        He resigned for health reasons. His new position with the org as Senior Personnel Adviser is muuuch less stressful than any coaching job because all he is doing is evaluating draft prospects and free agents and working out of his home in Houston most of the time, and that's the only reason he's working at all -there's no pressure.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
                        2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Bump.

I miss this guy. This season we learned how great a coach he truly was. Miss him on the sidelines.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                            Bump.

I miss this guy. This season we learned how great a coach he truly was. Miss him on the sidelines.
                            I think we all took him for granted. I miss him so much just how he carried everything. He was so laid back and just a good coach. Hope he becomes a big part of our FO

Comment

Working...
                            X