Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Kubiak, will Paxton Lynch become John Fox's Tebow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Kubiak, will Paxton Lynch become John Fox's Tebow?

With a new HC coming in with likely an entirely new offensive scheme and philosophy. What does this mean for our number #1 draft pick this year? What does it mean for Trevor?

If I had to guess, I'd have to figure a lot is about to change and those changes are probably not going to be very beneficial for either of them. A new coach will want to bring in at least one QB that he feels is "his guy" to compete at the very least. That could throw a serious wrench into the development of both our young QB's.

What does everyone else think about this? Are there any coaches out there with similar schemes we could be looking at?
    sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
    Sig by: MHS

I don't know that Lynch is a Tebow, but besides not looking all that hot so far, the most disturbing thing I've heard is the guy is a bit lazy. Slow to learn is NOT going to make it as an NFL QB.
    Tebow was a very hard worker and a born leader - he just didnt have the right skill set. Maybe Lynch has the skill set but not the character.
    Time will tell.

Comment

When Fox was first brought in, Orton and Tebow were kept as the QBs. Elway is charge of personal, so it will all depend on how he feels about them.

It's slim pickings on the QB market right now, if I were to bet, I'd put money on both guys being back next year regardless of who the coach is.

Comment

Trevor and Paxton are on their rookie contracts. I would be surprised if they aren't on the team next year.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Difference between lynch and tebow is that multiple teams wanted Lynch in the first round and he was scouted as a raw QB prospect with huge upside as opposed to a possible fullback or tight end it 4th/5th round pick. We reached like a giraffes neck for tebow.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            Trevor and Paxton are on their rookie contracts. I would be surprised if they aren't on the team next year.
            Unless they fetch a trade that Elway can't turn down, they wont be going anywhere.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
              Difference between lynch and tebow is that multiple teams wanted Lynch in the first round and he was scouted as a raw QB prospect with huge upside as opposed to a possible fullback or tight end it 4th/5th round pick. We reached like a giraffes neck for tebow.
              How happy are the Cowboys right now that they didn't get Lynch...

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                About as happy as we are Brock chose Houston over us.

Comment

Well the good news is, regardless who the qb, oc, hc end up being, our offense ain't going to get any worse. Best thing to come from this will probably be Norwood getting cut.
                  Last edited by rkymntskier; 01-01-2017, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they're ecstatic. Though it's hard to gauge accurately the situation. Prescott has the best offensive line in the league and a very talented RB, and a bevy of talented receivers. A young QB could hardly ask for more to succeed, though Prescott has shown he has the tools to make correct reads. Lynch on the other hand, had a very different training in college from what I understand. He also has had to play behind one of the worst O-lines in the league, without a reliable running game. But he also does not have good accuracy as witnessed in both games he played. Who knows what he would look like though behind that offensive line in Dallas. Prescott here in Denver would probably look better, but if I had to guess he'd be putting up Siemian's stats and the Cowboys with Lynch would still be in the playoffs based on their run game alone.
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                      I'm pretty sure they're ecstatic. Though it's hard to gauge accurately the situation. Prescott has the best offensive line in the league and a very talented RB, and a bevy of talented receivers. A young QB could hardly ask for more to succeed, though Prescott has shown he has the tools to make correct reads. Lynch on the other hand, had a very different training in college from what I understand. He also has had to play behind one of the worst O-lines in the league, without a reliable running game. But he also does not have good accuracy as witnessed in both games he played. Who knows what he would look like though behind that offensive line in Dallas. Prescott here in Denver would probably look better, but if I had to guess he'd be putting up Siemian's stats and the Cowboys with Lynch would still be in the playoffs based on their run game alone.
                      The key thing is Dallas drafted Prescott with zero intention of playing him this year. They were hoping to get Lynch and sit him behind romo for the remainder of his contract. It was a situation that just happened to work out in their favor.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                        The key thing is Dallas drafted Prescott with zero intention of playing him this year. They were hoping to get Lynch and sit him behind romo for the remainder of his contract. It was a situation that just happened to work out in their favor.
                        yeah, Romo's injuries changed everything for the QB situation. Though if Romo wasn't injured I'm positive that their team would be doing as good if not better than they are now, as I don't think Romo is as terrible as others claim. Lynch not working out this year isn't really a surprise, since all teams knew he was a work in progress. The only worries I have with Lynch is his work ethic, if there's any truth to that, then Lynch may never put in the time to earn the starter QB position.
                        Last edited by TheAsianPA; 01-01-2017, 09:37 AM.
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
                          I don't know that Lynch is a Tebow, but besides not looking all that hot so far, the most disturbing thing I've heard is the guy is a bit lazy. Slow to learn is NOT going to make it as an NFL QB.
                          Tebow was a very hard worker and a born leader - he just didnt have the right skill set. Maybe Lynch has the skill set but not the character.
                          Time will tell.
                          You know I find it funny that once like every two weeks these false rumors show up. All the local Denver media says Lynch has worked his tail off to try to learn the system this year and that Kubiak said he was progressing at a faster rate than expected.

Just because we fans haven't been super happy with what we have seen on tv does not make him lazy.
                          sigpic

Comment

We have no clue how Paxton would have done in Dallas, nor how Dak would have done in Denver.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Tebow had trouble hitting the broad side of a barn from 10 yards out, good human being, though. Lynch has throwing skills. Apples to oranges.

Comment

Working...
                              X