Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coaches the should NOT be interviewed or considered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peyton Manning for Head Coach?

Just my 2 cents here, but if I were calling the shots I would go after the Sheriff!! I don't care if I had to pay 10-12 mill a year. We would obviously have the best, most creative offensive mind in all of football. And can he command a locker room? You better believe it.

What say you?
    It's all good fun!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanSam View Post
      What say you?
      Can we please stop it with this nonsense...?
      Denver Broncos
      New York Yankees
      New York Knicks
      Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Absolutely. Being a coach is all about preparation, who prepares better than Peyton? It sounds like he has his sights set higher though.

Comment

Just my 2 cents here, but if I were calling the shots I would go after the Sheriff!! I don't care if I had to pay 10-12 mill a year. We would obviously have the best, most creative offensive mind in all of football. And can he command a locker room? You better believe it.

What say you?
          Even with his resume if he went the coaching route I think he'd still need to prove himself as a coach, very different demands than a player. He'd likely need to start as a QB coach or OC (at the highest).

The other alternative for him would be a FO role or personnew role where he aids scouting. His prep work and attention to detail would be well served in that capacity.

The kicker is he'd be working long hours and making far less then he did as a player. The difference is that hed be able to see his family more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            I'd be amazed if he wanted a third chance. He can go back to college, back to be the man, and where the shortcomings of his offense (very vanilla, fewer plays and formations because of speed) can be masked by just being able to have better talent than other schools.
            I don't know. Kelly comes across arrogant enough to me, that I think he believes he can still be a winner in the NFL.... even if he's been proven wrong twice.
            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

What say you?
              Haha I love how the mods merged the Peyton Manning for HC with coaches not too consider.

Anywho, I'm personally not a fan of the Manning/Tom Moore system solely because of the spanking the Seahawks gave us and because the Pats always seem to give Manning fits too.

I'd rather have a ground and pound approach that the patriots struggle with.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncodoodle View Post
                To those that posted 'no' to Mike McCoy - why?
                I didn't post but McCoy does not bring the tough winning attitude needed.

With Orton the situation was that we were always coming up short when we were in close games.

With Tebow we won close games, but there are multiple clips out there where Tebow is laying into McCoy that the comeback has to happen NOW - that we cannot wait for opportunities any longer. (He is Reeves without the upside)

With Manning - well you do not get a freebie - and we were almost never in close games - we had 4 games decided by 7 points or less including playoffs and lost three.

The thing that the Chargers have complained about is finding ways to loose close games.

Pwersonally I chuck it down to Tebow winning with McCoy rather than McCoy winning with Tebow, and to Manning winning whit whomever.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  Seahawks fans hate Bevell, and have wanted him gone almost every single year. And even though Pete Carroll took the blame for the call in the Super Bowl, he doesn't call offensive plays, Bevell was fully responsible for that. Not to mention he's not the architect of their running game, that's Tom Cable.
                  That's because he DID make that call in the SB. Russell Wilson convinced Carroll that he could make the play. Marshawn Lynch later came out and said that he was very surprised that he didn't get the ball on that play.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    "Red Ryan"?

Is that kind of like an Irish Viking guy? Ryan the Red?
                    It's a mutant hybrid clone using DNA from Red Miller, Rex Ryan, and Eric the Red -the latest technology to get the coach you want!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

What say you?
                      Star players don't make good coaches. It's more than preparation and game knowledge, it's relationship and personality management as well. Players no how to pay, coaches know how to manage.

Also, he would make more money doing endorsements for a lot less stress and time

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                        I don't know. Kelly comes across arrogant enough to me, that I think he believes he can still be a winner in the NFL.... even if he's been proven wrong twice.
                        Then he should have a look at Nick Saban, one of the greatest college coaches of all-time failed in the NFL and went back to college. Perhaps Nick Saban could make it if he tried again, but Chip Kelly is no Nick Saban.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                          That's because he DID make that call in the SB. Russell Wilson convinced Carroll that he could make the play. Marshawn Lynch later came out and said that he was very surprised that he didn't get the ball on that play.

He didn't make that call, there was no time out before the play, Wilson had no chance to convince anyone to make that call. And even if Carroll did make that call (he didn't) he wouldn't have picked the play, he would have just said pass it, Bevell would make the actual play selection.

Calling a pass there wasn't the problem, the problem was a close stacked formation and a straight 1 step and drop pass. If you're going to pass there, run a play action pass or at least move the pocket and put stress on the defense to defend on the move.

New England lined up with 10 players on the line, there was a player lined up directly in Wilson's throwing lane, Wilson didn't look he just threw. That's a horrible play call.

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                            It's a mutant hybrid clone using DNA from Red Miller, Rex Ryan, and Eric the Red -the latest technology to get the coach you want!
                            Wow! That's quite a hybrid.

Red Miller was offense; Rex Ryan is defense; wonder if Erik the Red was more like STs?
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                            X