Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why couldn't we have opened up the offense like this all season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why couldn't we have opened up the offense like this all season?

I didn't see all of the games this season like some of you all did, but the first 4 games before Trevor got hurt I saw we did what we did on offense today, play action fakes, threw the ball downfield, took some chances and it really opened up the offense. Then after he came back, it was mostly very frustrating run the ball for little yardage and dink and dunk passes when we were losing. I know they probably were playing inspired today knowing Kubes was stepping down, but why did we get away from this type of aggressive offense in the middle to later part of the season, it obviously worked today?

The run game working was the biggest difference. When you can run the ball it gives you a lot more options for things you can do. When you can't it cuts down what you can do.

Comment

The Broncos played loose today and it REALLY helped getting the lead early so we could T'off all game long. IMO.

Comment

Execution, that was the difference today. The team was fired up for Gary and played with emotion. That in turn helped them to win on assignments they routinely lost this season. It wasn't anything but that, they didn't change the offense or concepts, they just did their jobs.
        Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

They were able to run the ball, the lack of anything resembling a run game in the second half of the season killed the offense.

Comment

IMO because the Oline actually decide to do a decent job today. Made the difference.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
              IMO because the Oline actually decide to do a decent job today. Made the difference.
              Billy Turner played a lot of snaps, I wonder how much of the O-line improvement was because of him.

Maybe that'll be 1 less o-lineman we'll have to replace.

If anything, he at least looked cool out there with those dreads

Comment

Probably because it was a meaningless game.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                  Billy Turner played a lot of snaps, I wonder how much of the O-line improvement was because of him.

Maybe that'll be 1 less o-lineman we'll have to replace.

If anything, he at least looked cool out there with those dreads
                  I thought about the same thing with Turner. On defense Peko looked better than Sly from what I could tell.

Comment

Matt McGloin and Connor Cook had a lot to do with it as well.

Comment

the opposing defense had to adjust for the run and passing threat, and by the time they did, it was too late. Their offense also couldn't reliably pass or run, which made playcalling easy and conservative for offense. What Butler said was right, a patent run game makes everything better
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

The raiders aren't the best defense either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
                          The raiders aren't the best defense either.
                          They pretty much shut down our offense in the first game

Comment

Working...
                          X