Notablet stats for first year starters:

Yards-TD-INT-QBR-Att-Comp

Brady:2843yd---18td---12int---86.5---413att--216comp

Elway* 2598yd-18td-15int-76.8-259att-123comp

Montana*:3565yd-19td-12int-88.4-488att-311comp-

Roethlisberger 2621yd-17td-11int-98.1-295att-196comp

Siemiean: 3401yd-18td-10int-84.6-486att-289comp
    *:used stats from start that had at least 11 games

I'm no Stat master and didn't use all possible stats, if you see an error feel free to correct (without being a smart a about it). Feel free to argue away at that but what you see is an interesting comparison between our guy and some HOF QBs

I think Trevor is better than a lot of fans give him credit for.

He needs to get better but with a better offense around him I think he can be a good qb for us. Maybe give Lynch another year to grow and possibly give us some very good options in 2018.

IMO QB is the only spot I am not worried about on offense. Yea our young guys need to continue to grow and that is not 100% but considering the rest of the offense I am good going into 2017 with these guys and maybe some kind of backup we get for not much resources
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Here is another for comparison:

Siemian- 8-6 / 59.5cmpl% /3401 yds /18 td / 10 ints /7.0 ypa / 242 ypg /84.6 QB rating / 31 sacks / 3 4QC /2 GWD

Or some "bust " named Osweiler running the same offense for the same HC last year that most couldn't wait to get rid of:

5-2 / 61.8%/ 1967 yds / 10 tds / 6 ints/ 6.9ypa / 245 ypg / 86.4 QB rating / 23 sacks / 2 4QC/ 2 GWD

Is Siemian really that good or just the an average QB that made the most of an opportunity because the Broncos backed themselves into a corner concerning the QB this year?
      Last edited by FR Tim; 01-03-2017, 08:46 AM.

Comment

I cant make an argument for Siemian over Lynch no matter how hard I try. Just cant.

Lynch has what you cant teach. Siemian doesnt and he cant learn it. Siemian has what you can teach. Lynch doesnt but he can learn it.

Im not saying that Lynch's career will be stellar and Siemian's will be average or worse. Its just that theres no track record for Siemian that holds enough weight to go Siemian over Lynch.
        Denver Broncos
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks
        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
          Notablet stats for first year starters:

Yards-TD-INT-QBR-Att-Comp

Brady:2843yd---18td---12int---86.5---413att--216comp

Elway* 2598yd-18td-15int-76.8-259att-123comp

Montana*:3565yd-19td-12int-88.4-488att-311comp-

Roethlisberger 2621yd-17td-11int-98.1-295att-196comp

Siemiean: 3401yd-18td-10int-84.6-486att-289comp
          *:used stats from start that had at least 11 games

I'm no Stat master and didn't use all possible stats, if you see an error feel free to correct (without being a smart a about it). Feel free to argue away at that but what you see is an interesting comparison between our guy and some HOF QBs
          This is an insult to 4 NFL greats. Siemian racked up a lot of his numbers in garbage time. Can't believe you mention him in the same sentence with Montana, Elway, and Brady after one season.

Comment

Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
            This is an insult to 4 NFL greats. Siemian racked up a lot of his numbers in garbage time. Can't believe you mention him in the same sentence with Montana, Elway, and Brady after one season.
            It's not insulting. You're overreacting.

Comment

Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
              In the op's defense he's comparing their first year . They weren't the legends they are now at that time .

Comment

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                In the op's defense he's comparing their first year . They weren't the legends they are now at that time .
                Exactly thank you. If anything it's an argument that he has potential, evidenced by how other top notch QBs started out.

Comment

He is a good QB, and did a decent job this year.

Comment

So, already in this thread, he's been compared to Elway, Montana, Brady....and Osweiler. So, either he will be really good, or really bad. Glad we figured that out.

Comment

I really like simian. I'm just not seeing that it factor. Guys that just seem to get it done in crunch time. Hopefully that changes.
                      Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

Comment

Trevor Siemian was probably drafted to be Osweiler's backup. Instead he has a season as a starter. Who backs up whom between Trevor and Paxton remains to be seen. Both are on their rookie contracts and have very low impact on the salary cap. We'll see what happens with the new HC and the QB situation. Time will tell.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Siemian by no means was horrible, but he I didn't see enough promise for me to hope he's back with this team. It's not a simple issue to me. People previously mentioned the stats of legendary QBs. I can't draw that comparison because guys like Peyton who struggled their 1st year had a very high ceiling that many thought he could reach. If Siemian had that type of potential, I'd say okay. Even with Peyton's 1st year with tons of INTs, many of those came because he didn't have a good team and he was basically gun slinging. I would have honestly preferred Siemian to take more chances on explosive plays than the dink and dunk passes I saw this season. Granted, the O line was subpar and the play calling seemed predictable, I came away from many games thinking Siemian can only manage games.

Now if go get a Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson or some other high impact player (along with some other impact player) and don't have much money left, I'd lean towards letting Siemian know the team is his and Lynch will continue to grow.

This defense has carried the team for so long. We can't keep expecting them to score TDs and force 3+ TOs a game. At some point the offense, and specifically the QB is gonna have to be the deciding factor in games and sadly I just don't see that in Siemian.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                            Siemian by no means was horrible, but he I didn't see enough promise for me to hope he's back with this team. It's not a simple issue to me. People previously mentioned the stats of legendary QBs. I can't draw that comparison because guys like Peyton who struggled their 1st year had a very high ceiling that many thought he could reach. If Siemian had that type of potential, I'd say okay. Even with Peyton's 1st year with tons of INTs, many of those came because he didn't have a good team and he was basically gun slinging. I would have honestly preferred Siemian to take more chances on explosive plays than the dink and dunk passes I saw this season. Granted, the O line was subpar and the play calling seemed predictable, I came away from many games thinking Siemian can only manage games.

Now if go get a Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson or some other high impact player (along with some other impact player) and don't have much money left, I'd lean towards letting Siemian know the team is his and Lynch will continue to grow.

This defense has carried the team for so long. We can't keep expecting them to score TDs and force 3+ TOs a game. At some point the offense, and specifically the QB is gonna have to be the deciding factor in games and sadly I just don't see that in Siemian.
                            What did you, or anyone see in other great QBS their first full year that you don't in this one?

How many QBs come in their first year and just light it up with record breaking stats and go win a SB?

Comment

Considering the challenges such as a revamped line, inconsistency at TE, injuries at RB/FB, Trevor played hard and gave the season everything he had. Like Kubiak said the Broncos were right there in contention for the playoffs. Trevor showed some good skills as well as mistakes one would expect from a young quarterback. From my perspective Trevor and Paxton gave us more to cheer about compared with the growing pains.

I feel good about Paxton and Trevor. Both obviously need to develop - with some help I think they'll both be fine. Like Sam said only time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                              X