A good argument for Siemian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Tebow had what ya cant teach too....see how he sucked !
    Tebow wasnt able to learn would you can teach. Waaaaaay to early to even begin to say that about Lynch.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
      LOL. Ok.

This argument is going to reach its conclusion only after free agency, the draft, OTAs and training camp; and whoever runs the new coaches system best is going to win the job.

No one can say Lynch is a bust yet, just as no one can say Siemians reached his ceiling already. All these arguments are void of all fact and based solely on opinion and confirmation bias. Only time will tell, so let's enjoy it and hope they both improve astronomically in the off-season. There's definitely nothing wrong with having two good QBS on the team for the next 3 years if we're lucky enough for that to come to pass.

Best case scenario is that both will develop into solid franchise QBs with one of them standing out a bit higher than the other so that we can use one as trade bait later on. We should be rooting for both these guys go succeed. It's in the best interest of all of us.
      Will come to a conclusion with the new head coach. Not on the message board

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        I want to go on a date with Sandra Bullock
        Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
        You probably could now adays.
        I like Sandra, but you could have shot for Jennifer Lawrence or maybe Marion Cotillard. Hey, it's your fantasy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          I like Sandra, but you could have shot for Jennifer Lawrence or maybe Marion Cotillard. Hey, it's your fantasy!!!
          Jennifer Lawrence is just a kid
          sigpic

Comment

And if you're going to go with someone that young, the answer is Margot Robbie.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              And if you're going to go with someone that young, the answer is Margot Robbie.
              She's kind of a stalker. keeps calling and calling and calling...not sure what I'm going to do...
              sigpic

Comment

She's kind of a stalker. keeps calling and calling and calling...not sure what I'm going to do...
                I was going to do a little clean up of this thread. Somehow after this post I can't bring myself to do it.

What was the OP again?

Comment

It's a real shame he didn't have CJ to help him in his first campaign
                  The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                    I was going to do a little clean up of this thread. Somehow after this post I can't bring myself to do it.

What was the OP again?
                    It was about our fantasies. You know, about DeMarcus Ware.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Narco View Post
                      Both Thomas and Sanders went over 1000 yards receiving so it's not like Trevor can't pass the ball. Kubiak's offense isn't built around slinging the ball around the field like Peyton. It's about running the ball and utilizing play action. Kubiak's offense failed because they couldn't gain a yard on 3rd and 1's by running. Under the circumstances, Trevor played better than he probably should have, especially while playing hurt for half the season. I hope he's the starter next season.
                      Whether they had 1k seasons or not, I doubt very seriously DT or Sanders feel good about this year, offensively. I'm throwing out stats and how Kubiak's system is designed. I'm going off of the eye test, and in my eyes he's a lukewarm QB. I watched several games this year and regardless of stats screamed c'mon 13, make a play and he didn't. I've seen several young QBs like Carr, Mariota, Winston, etc threaten defenses with subpar WRs and mediocre offenses. I recently saw a clip of Carr chewing a young WR out for running the original play instead of changing to Carr's audibled fade route. Carr got blasted on the play, but wasn't even mad about the hit, he chewed the WR out because the defense went bump and run with no safety help. Carr said I don't care about the original play, you can beat that guy deep, so I'm throwing the fade for you to win the matchup and probably score. I can't remember how many plays where I saw CBs one on one with DT or even Sanders with no safety help and we didn't test them. I'm not saying we gotta run Peyton's old pass happy offense, but at least make defenses cover the whole field. In several games this year, they did not, IMO out of a lack of respect for Trevor's game.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                        Whether they had 1k seasons or not, I doubt very seriously DT or Sanders feel good about this year, offensively. I'm throwing out stats and how Kubiak's system is designed. I'm going off of the eye test, and in my eyes he's a lukewarm QB. I watched several games this year and regardless of stats screamed c'mon 13, make a play and he didn't. I've seen several young QBs like Carr, Mariota, Winston, etc threaten defenses with subpar WRs and mediocre offenses. I recently saw a clip of Carr chewing a young WR out for running the original play instead of changing to Carr's audibled fade route. Carr got blasted on the play, but wasn't even mad about the hit, he chewed the WR out because the defense went bump and run with no safety help. Carr said I don't care about the original play, you can beat that guy deep, so I'm throwing the fade for you to win the matchup and probably score. I can't remember how many plays where I saw CBs one on one with DT or even Sanders with no safety help and we didn't test them. I'm not saying we gotta run Peyton's old pass happy offense, but at least make defenses cover the whole field. In several games this year, they did not, IMO out of a lack of respect for Trevor's game.
                        In many cases it was a lack of respect for the run threat. Looking at the back half of the season there were many plays where Trevor rolled out on bootleg - defense did not bite on the run because they didn't need to. They stayed home and put immediate pressure on Trevor.

Here's the link to the 76 yard TD to Fowler vs. KC. Pressure was coming on the Blitz and Siemian stood in and delivered.

By the way I'm not advocating for Trevor. It's interesting to see how many people point out what he can't do vs. what can do. Sure he needs to make more of those plays but it's not like he isn't capable - he made some of those plays this season.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/27...-td-vs-chiefs/

Comment

You guys are old!!!

(so am I)

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                            It was about our fantasies. You know, about DeMarcus Ware.
                            You are such a bad influence on all of us do gooders!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                              In many cases it was a lack of respect for the run threat. Looking at the back half of the season there were many plays where Trevor rolled out on bootleg - defense did not bite on the run because they didn't need to. They stayed home and put immediate pressure on Trevor.

Here's the link to the 76 yard TD to Fowler vs. KC. Pressure was coming on the Blitz and Siemian stood in and delivered.

By the way I'm not advocating for Trevor. It's interesting to see how many people point out what he can't do vs. what can do. Sure he needs to make more of those plays but it's not like he isn't capable - he made some of those plays this season.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/27...-td-vs-chiefs/
                              Agreed and that's kind of my point. Trevor has the ability to make those plays. I've seen him stand tall in the pocket and take hits while trying to push the ball down field, but those plays weren't frequent. I guess that's what makes me feel the way I do about him. I get the offensive scheme, poor running game, weak O line at times, but just like the previous example, Carr told a young, no name WR, screw the play that was called, they gave you one on one coverage, so I'm calling your number, taking a quick drop and launching this ball. I'm not saying that makes a good QB, but there were so many drives this year I felt we just left on the field, and I feel that's what type of QB he is. I'm strictly running the plays calls, and things aren't working out, he's going to take it upon himself to say screw this, I see something and I'm attacking it. He did have 2 pro bowl WRs that are pretty explosive.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                                Agreed and that's kind of my point. Trevor has the ability to make those plays. I've seen him stand tall in the pocket and take hits while trying to push the ball down field, but those plays weren't frequent. I guess that's what makes me feel the way I do about him. I get the offensive scheme, poor running game, weak O line at times, but just like the previous example, Carr told a young, no name WR, screw the play that was called, they gave you one on one coverage, so I'm calling your number, taking a quick drop and launching this ball. I'm not saying that makes a good QB, but there were so many drives this year I felt we just left on the field, and I feel that's what type of QB he is. I'm strictly running the plays calls, and things aren't working out, he's going to take it upon himself to say screw this, I see something and I'm attacking it. He did have 2 pro bowl WRs that are pretty explosive.
                                I understand what you're saying. Not sure how many plays Trevor had the green light from Kubiak to change. As time goes by I would think he (or Lynch) would earn more autonomy. At least Siemian and Lynch have experience to build on, with Trevor having more at this point.

Carr certainly took a big step this season. While I have contempt for the Raiders there's no denying they have a young quarterback that looks to only get better.

Comment

Working...
                                X