X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    So, already in this thread, he's been compared to Elway, Montana, Brady....and Osweiler. So, either he will be really good, or really bad. Glad we figured that out.
    hahahahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Brakshow
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I want to go on a date with Sandra Bullock
    You probably could now adays.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
    LOL. Ok.

This argument is going to reach its conclusion only after free agency, the draft, OTAs and training camp; and whoever runs the new coaches system best is going to win the job.

No one can say Lynch is a bust yet, just as no one can say Siemians reached his ceiling already. All these arguments are void of all fact and based solely on opinion and confirmation bias. Only time will tell, so let's enjoy it and hope they both improve astronomically in the off-season. There's definitely nothing wrong with having two good QBS on the team for the next 3 years if we're lucky enough for that to come to pass.

Best case scenario is that both will develop into solid franchise QBs with one of them standing out a bit higher than the other so that we can use one as trade bait later on. We should be rooting for both these guys go succeed. It's in the best interest of all of us.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by False Start View Post
    I want TS to be the QB next year.
    I want to go on a date with Sandra Bullock

Leave a comment:

• Brakshow
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    he didn't have what you could teach though....
    LOL. Ok.

This argument is going to reach its conclusion only after free agency, the draft, OTAs and training camp; and whoever runs the new coaches system best is going to win the job.

No one can say Lynch is a bust yet, just as no one can say Siemians reached his ceiling already. All these arguments are void of all fact and based solely on opinion and confirmation bias. Only time will tell, so let's enjoy it and hope they both improve astronomically in the off-season. There's definitely nothing wrong with having two good QBS on the team for the next 3 years if we're lucky enough for that to come to pass.

Best case scenario is that both will develop into solid franchise QBs with one of them standing out a bit higher than the other so that we can use one as trade bait later on. We should be rooting for both these guys go succeed. It's in the best interest of all of us.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Tebow had what ya cant teach too....see how he sucked !
    he didn't have what you could teach though....

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
    Notablet stats for first year starters:

Yards-TD-INT-QBR-Att-Comp

Brady:2843yd---18td---12int---86.5---413att--216comp

Elway* 2598yd-18td-15int-76.8-259att-123comp

Montana*:3565yd-19td-12int-88.4-488att-311comp-

Roethlisberger 2621yd-17td-11int-98.1-295att-196comp

Siemiean: 3401yd-18td-10int-84.6-486att-289comp
    *:used stats from start that had at least 11 games

I'm no Stat master and didn't use all possible stats, if you see an error feel free to correct (without being a smart a about it). Feel free to argue away at that but what you see is an interesting comparison between our guy and some HOF QBs
    here are some more first year starter stats:

Jamarcus Russell: 2423---13--8--77---368--198

not sure what you are trying to prove with your stats. I agree with the poster who stated....he is going to be good or he might be bad....

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    I cant make an argument for Siemian over Lynch no matter how hard I try. Just cant.

Lynch has what you cant teach. Siemian doesnt and he cant learn it. Siemian has what you can teach. Lynch doesnt but he can learn it.

Im not saying that Lynch's career will be stellar and Siemian's will be average or worse. Its just that theres no track record for Siemian that holds enough weight to go Siemian over Lynch.
    Tebow had what ya cant teach too....see how he sucked !

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    That Siemian played average behind a garbage line with one of the worst running offenses in the league and a predictable offense - when you put it that way it almost sounds impressive. Had it been a seasoned vet in there I would have expected better but he is not a vet.

Given Kubiak's own admission of difficulties this season adds another wrinkle in looking at Siemian's body of work this year.

All things considered, average looks pretty good. It will be interesting to see and evaluate him going in to and through camp next season.

Leave a comment:

• Narco
    replied
    Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    Maybe you missed the part about potential. Many great QBs struggled their first year but people saw them as having a high ceiling. I don't really see a high ceiling with Siemian. Not to mention, many of those great QBs that came in and struggled had horrible teams. Siemian didn't have the greatest O line, but had two pro bowl WRs and couldn't them the ball enough. Not saying he had a horrible year, but look at how many points we scored the last 4 weeks. Every game we lost (minus the 1st Chiefs game) we didn't score over 20 points. At some point, this offense is gonna have to be a threat and I don't see it with #13. Paxton looked like a deer in head lights sometimes when he plays, but honestly, I'll take his upside over the mediocre play of Siemian.

I'm not really disappointed Siemian didn't light it up this year, I just don't think he'll be capable of it. Alex Smith is a game manager too on a dangerous team, but he doesn't have the weapons we do. I'm my eyes Trevor is just not the QB that can deliver with this offense.
    Both Thomas and Sanders went over 1000 yards receiving so it's not like Trevor can't pass the ball. Kubiak's offense isn't built around slinging the ball around the field like Peyton. It's about running the ball and utilizing play action. Kubiak's offense failed because they couldn't gain a yard on 3rd and 1's by running. Under the circumstances, Trevor played better than he probably should have, especially while playing hurt for half the season. I hope he's the starter next season.

Leave a comment:

• Narco
    replied
    Trevor can play in the league. I was impressed with his poise playing behind the worse oline in the league. He has good accuracy, throws a very catchable ball and has mobility. I would have liked to see him use his mobility more but after he hurt his shoulder it changed how he played the rest of the season. He needs to learn to read defenses quicker but that will happen with more experience. For a 1st year starter and 2nd year player and 7th round selection, I was impressed.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
    Notablet stats for first year starters:

Brady:2843yd---18td---12int---86.5---413att--216comp

Elway* 2598yd-18td-15int-76.8-259att-123comp

Montana*:3565yd-19td-12int-88.4-488att-311comp-

Roethlisberger 2621yd-17td-11int-98.1-295att-196comp

Siemiean: 3401yd-18td-10int-84.6-486att-289comp
    *:used stats from start that had at least 11 games

I'm no Stat master and didn't use all possible stats, if you see an error feel free to correct (without being a smart a about it). Feel free to argue away at that but what you see is an interesting comparison between our guy and some HOF QBs
    Comparing QB stats over the decades is not valid. The game has changed significantly, and has become more and more in favour of the O. Back in the day, defenders were much more physical, and were given much more latitude in terms of contact with receivers, and especially with QBs.

Leave a comment:

• Brakshow
    replied
    Originally posted by False Start View Post
    If he continues to improve like he did in the last off season and is the best person to run the new offense and get us wins then I want him to start too. If that's Lynch? I want Lynch to start.

Just give our young QBs a fair shot at the competition and let the best competitor win the day.

Don't go with the guy whose won over the locker room if he's not the best QB on the team and don't go with the guy whose the higher draft pick if you have no faith in him running your offense.

That's where I am. Talks of either one of these QBs being busts or hitting their ceilings is just biases talking. Reality will take place during OTAs and training camp, and by that point it'll be pretty clear whose worked hardest and looks best prepared to win.

Leave a comment:

• False Start
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brakshow
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    If you didn't see anything in Carr's rookie year...thank God your not our talent scout
    Gotta love sanctimonious comments.

Last I checked no one here is a talent scout. Not you, not me. I watch nearly every Raiders game and Carr looked worse than Siemian looked this year. You can dismiss that because your preferred memory will lie to you, but it's the truth.

Thanks for your condescension though. It really added to the conversation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X